Alien "Big Chap" Maquette - Official thread (continued)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The tail on mine is a lil' loose but it rests pretty far from it's leg. About 3/4" to an inch away.

For those that had their tail replaced, did your replacement tail come back a different shade of color then the back side of the body? As in more brown to the point that it doesn't really match that well?

Just curious b/c a few of us that own this, our tails are a different shade of color then the rest of the body (more brown). I'm wondering if the replacement tails were painted better.

Yea I got mine for $750 shipped too. Soooooo glad I did too. When it came around to the time to actually get charged and ship this guy, I was debating in my mind whether or not I could really or should really swing this.

In the end, once I opened up the box, I knew it was easily the right decision. I've been so happy with him ever since. He's truly the standout piece in my collection...and I've got some nice pieces in my collection. Even my most expensive, most exotic and most realistic 1/6 pieces don't come close to the sheer wow factor that this guy holds.

yea man, nobody notices how great even the best 1/6 pieces look when you got big time statues. That's part of the reason why I never pay large amounts for them anymore.

The tail on mine is a lil' loose but it rests pretty far from it's leg. About 3/4" to an inch away.

For those that had their tail replaced, did your replacement tail come back a different shade of color then the back side of the body? As in more brown to the point that it doesn't really match that well?

Just curious b/c a few of us that own this, our tails are a different shade of color then the rest of the body (more brown). I'm wondering if the replacement tails were painted better.

I didn't get a replacement tale, but I noticed my replacement body is a different tone compared to the tale. My original one wasn't quite like that, but I think even people that had no replacements have the same issue. Overall, I will accept that compared to the break my first body had.

I agree. A slightly different color tail is way better than having a broken statue! Besides we can just get someone to re paint our discolored tails later on if we really wanted too. Mine actually doesn't really bother me all that much (can't see Big Chap's rear end that well anyways). I was just curious about other's paint jobs compared to mine. Thanks for answering my question though.

Left of topic, but still on tails. My Alien Warrior Maquette the tail hangs down and touches the base. Many pictures I've seen the tail seems to swing out and around clearing the podium the Alien Warrior stands on. What does anyone who has this maquette think/what's their's like?

The tail on my Warrior Maquette comes very close to the base at the back, as it drops down & clears the base by about 3/4 of an inch as it sweeps around.

The tail on my Warrior Maquette comes very close to the base at the back, as it drops down & clears the base by about 3/4 of an inch as it sweeps around.

Ok my tail is a dud :-/ it's touching the base all the way around. Mustn't have had enough angle in it or something. Which is odd because I thought they all came out of the same mould.

Have had this piece for about a week now and just wanted to reiterate how beautiful it is. Really a magnificent piece, incredible detailing and wonderful presence.

Really happy with the way it turned out, Martin Canale and the Gore Group deserve major props for this and their work on the Alien Warrior as well.

Looks like it will go much better with the "1/3" *cough-bull____-cough* Wolf than it would with the 1/4 Predator.

MaquetteComparison2.jpg

1/3 or 1/4. This is too much for me. I am happy with my Big Chap. Does anyone know how many of them left?

got partial refund n SS replacing tail.......I m ok with Dome n paint brush mark as i m getting partial refund + Tail replacement. it is always better to order from SSC directly with superb Customer Service......:)

Last edited:
Wow, that's a good partial refund. Beats my savings from the retailer. But what do you have to live with? Just a few scratches here and there? The divot on the dome?

Wow, that's a good partial refund. Beats my savings from the retailer. But what do you have to live with? Just a few scratches here and there? The divot on the dome?

in the middle of Dome -
picture.php

paint brush scratch
picture.php

some glue finishing on dome

how come i beat ur savings i have paid for customs......tOo

Last edited:
I was offered $90 back for a crocked jaw placement or a replacement body.
Then they saw this on the forums and took that offer back (with glee).
I would have gone with the replacement body instead of the $90 I think.

IMG_1683.jpg

Back