1/6 Luke & Leia swing bridge Dio

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those are some exciting projects!!! Wow!

Now I feel a little behind the times with my version "3"?... :wink1:

Email sent in regards to the Bespin Gantry. Hopefully we get enough interest to move forward with the project (and keep the costs lower...) :wink1:

Those are some exciting projects!!! Wow!

Now I feel a little behind the times with my version "3"?... :wink1:

Email sent in regards to the Bespin Gantry. Hopefully we get enough interest to move forward with the project (and keep the costs lower...) :wink1:

That would be a great build, not impossible either hmmmm very interesting.
If we get 5 more interested collectors, I'm sure we can work something out.
Wall hung may be a challenge, but I love a challenging build :lsvader
Jas

That would be a great build, not impossible either hmmmm very interesting.
If we get 5 more interested collectors, I'm sure we can work something out.
Wall hung may be a challenge, but I love a challenging build :lsvader
Jas

Did you mean wall hung or well hung Jay ? :naughty:

Still nothing exciting to show but progress is being made down in the cave and also some strangeness that really twisted my melon until I worked out what was happening.

Front, top, sides and underneath of the bridges are primed

Some here

And 1 over here

And what was doing my head in is most obvious here.
Can you see the lighter patches in the primer ?
CENTER]
[/CENTER]

All looked fine until the primer dried and then it looked like I had missed patches here and there. So I went back and touched up the patches and again all looked fine until it dried. I did this over and over until eventually I figured it out

Yep 2 different shades :slap

I bought 10 cans just a little while ago and they all came from the same shelf and I did notice that the lids were different on a couple but nothing on the can indicated it was different it just says grey, so I just assumed it was a batch difference in the plastic lids and didn't really give it another thought.

Because of the cold I've been filling a big bowl with hot water and chucking a load of cans in, so as soon as the one I was using cooled down I simply dropped it in the bowl and picked up another. so when I noticed the patches it was just dumb luck I picked up the lighter shade to touch up with and because flat paint dries about half a tone lighter it looked the same when I sprayed it on ( until of course it dried and I found I had bigger patches than I started with ) I had 2 cans with a darker lid but crazily they are the ones that are a lighter shade

None of this will really make a difference to the finish because of course I'm going to be painting over it with a bunch of grey shades but at the time I was really starting to lose my mind :cuckoo:

The backs have had the first coat and it's here that I can't have any patches as this stays in primer so I'm glad I started on the fronts and have used up the couple of rogue cans

sorry for the rambling but I needed to share as I felt like I was trying to fill a bucket with a hole in it.

Will have the priming and prep finished this weekend and airbrush will be coming out on Monday

Pete

OMG, I can empathize. I am doing some work for orders as well and anytime a mistake occurs and you have to figure it out, it's frustrating and maddening..something you feel like sharing, because sometimes it's something so goofy and you just have to laugh.

Thanks for going to all this effort. I know the pressure and I am thankful for what you guys are putting out.

Jay, did i see you sent me an email about payment or did I imagine it? I couldn't' find anything in my inbox..even thought I thought I saw something, so i was wondering if I accidentally deleted it?

OMG, I can empathize. I am doing some work for orders as well and anytime a mistake occurs and you have to figure it out, it's frustrating and maddening..something you feel like sharing, because sometimes it's something so goofy and you just have to laugh.

Thanks for going to all this effort. I know the pressure and I am thankful for what you guys are putting out.

Jay, did i see you sent me an email about payment or did I imagine it? I couldn't' find anything in my inbox..even thought I thought I saw something, so i was wondering if I accidentally deleted it?

Hi buddy, no mate haven't sent any out yet.
As soon as Pete lets me know they're good to go & ready for shipping, I'll drop you all a quick email, to check shipping details etc. :hi5:

All the best Jas

I finished the priming yesterday and I'm just having a cup of coffee then I'm going to venture down to the cave and get them wet sanded so I can start getting some colour on. I'll post some pics later on

Pete

Paint work has been wet sanded. I don't do this to get a mirror smooth finish but just to remove any overspray so,it doesn't feel like the side of a matchbox.

base colours on the step fronts

And some shading going on too. I'm going to add a little bit of pale burnt metal here and there once the shading is finished which is a very pale gold
It might seem weird to use gold but I did the same to the previous dioramas and it really does add to the look.

Feels good to be getting some colour on and I'll update in a couple of days to show how things are coming along

Pete

I'm still amazed at how much better my builds look with some paint on, even if it's just primer.
Great work as always though Pete.

Shame the Welsh weather has been a pain in the :censored That being said and possibly planning ahead it may be worth us considering doing the smaller builds in the winter months and the larger builds in summer.

Or move to Florida or Aus :yess:

1/6 Luke & Leia swing bridge Dio

What's the Bespin Gantry? Did I miss a pic or thread? Would love to know more.

Re: 1/6 Luke & Leia swing bridge Dio

What's the Bespin Gantry? Did I miss a pic or thread? Would love to know more.

Hey bro!

I was just inquiring about the possibility of producing the following:

With the latest Hot Toys announcement of the ESB Vader and that measly scaled gantry base, any chance you guys would be interested in producing a truer-to-scale version that includes the extension that Luke jumps from?

If so, put me down first on that list. :lecture

View attachment 379852

Looks like we have enough interested, to make the gantry a goer :yess:
I've already worked the scales out (flipping heck this thing is huge :horror) won't be making a start until the last few Swing Bridge's are complete, sorry chaps.

Looks like we've another super exciting & busy year planned for 2018 Pete my good buddy, so hope your magic spray finger gets plenty of rest over the festive holiday :hi5:

I did plan on getting some more Indy builds completed but I'm enjoying these Star Wars builds so much I may put the Indy stuff on the back burner for now....sorry Indy fans :whip Working full time in Radiology takes up a huge amount of my time only leaving me weekends and holidays to get in the J-cave. Has anyone figured out human cloning yet?

Not going to give away any spoilers at this stage, but the biggy for us in 2018 will definitely be the 1/6 Land Speeder & base which is our next big project after these Swing Bridges are complete. We always have a number of commissions on the go and nothing will change there and will always take on more commissions throughout the year.

I'm also currently acquiring the blueprints for a personal project of a huge 1:24 scale scratchbuilt Millennium Falcon, I saw a Twitter post showing the original studio model and the size was so ridiculously insane I just had to have one........just hope Pete has plenty primer left :wink1::pray: because this thing will be around 1.5m long.
No idea where I'm going to find the time to build this :panic:
I may even put the build step by step on my Twitter feed or YouTube, but we'll see.

Flipping heck this is a long post for me.....best leave it there

Ta ta for now Jas

An AT-ST would be awesome and a no brainer for me if you made one. I am very interested in the land speeder though.

Quick update time again.

Starting Spraying the 1st shade of grey as a base on the door ( more grey tones and shading still to go )

Underside of the steps are painted ( I've done this so if they are getting wall mounted it won't just be a lump of grey that's seen )

I'll be back in a couple of days with more, I'm hoping to have the doors all finished and ready to make a start on the outer faces over the weekend

Pete

Back