Disney's Lone Ranger and Tonto...expecting the Hot Toys!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can give some leeway to Tonto's appearance as there are certain tribes that dress in that manner, but I like Hammer as the Ranger. I really do hope we get HT figures, as love it or hate it, there's nodenying that it's visually interesting. I do think that there's a very high probability that we'll see figures as, 1.) It's a big budget Disney movie, and 2.) It's Johnny Depp.

It's the same wiritng and productions team as the Zorro movies and the first POTC movie.

This is not going to stink.

As a HUGE Ranger fan I am very excited to see John Reid back in the saddle on the big screen

I know in the '90's a company had an 8 inch mego style Lone Ranger & Tonto 2 pk. that was very well done. I would hope for more of a CLASSIC look Lone Ranger & Tonto for the movie & from Hot Toys. Then they would be a must have!

Can't wait to see more of this film. Hard to get a feel from just one photo. I hope it won't disappoint. Lone Ranger was a big deal for me back when I was a kid.

This, please:

lrtcolor.jpg

I'd buy figures of them.

lone_ranger_810.jpg

I know plenty will hate on this...but for me?:yess:

Can't wait to see the Hot Toys version!

What this is I don't even.

Why do I get the vibe that Tonto will be the smart one pulling the strings and the Ranger will be the figure head.

Kind of like "Remmington Steele".

Why do I get the vibe that Tonto will be the smart one pulling the strings and the Ranger will be the figure head.

Kind of like "Remmington Steele".

Yeah that vibe has been out there awhile mostly because of Depps interviews about native Americans and his take on Tonto.
They'll ruin this movie if they think they can right years of perceived slights on Hollywoods depection of indians by making Tonto the brains and the Ranger some simple minded do gooder.
Just make them equals.
I better not see a hint of Jack Sparrow come through the performance either or thatll kill it as well.

Just in case not everyone knows the backstory...

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vavK9JFQfVw&feature=related[/ame]

I'm a little disappointed they're not using the classic outfits. Hope whoever does the toys offers a classic version as well - my Gabriel/Marx ones are getting a little dated, nearly 40 years on!

I've been watching the Clayton Moore/Jay Silverheels Ranger lately, and, while I know HT will make the Disney versions, I wouldn't discount the classic Ranger and Tonto getting made. It would be very nice if a company like Go Hero, who have seemingly found their niche in bringing classic characters to 1/6th could obtain the rights from Classic Media to produce figures from the show, it might be something worthwhile for them to look into with the new film coming out.

In regards to Hot Toys, though, it would probably drive the price up significantly, but it would be very cool if they made The Lone Ranger and Tonto both figure sets with their horses included, as I said, it would probably increase the price significantly, but I have yet to see any truly impressive 1/6th horses, and it'd be cool if a company like HT, with the means to change that, would. (Note: I am assuming that HT would secure this license as it draws closer to release, there has been nothing announced nor even hinted at, just pure speculation.

Yeah the theory alot have is Tonto the hero and LR just a tag along who gets the glory- pity if true. A sham, really on the classic legend. Let's hope we are wrong!

Apparently the Green Hornet is the son of the nephew of the Lone Ranger........

The Green Hornet
Main article: The Green Hornet
The radio series inspired a spin-off called The Green Hornet, which depicts the son of the Lone Ranger's nephew Dan,[22] Britt Reid, originally played by Al Hodge, who in contemporary times fights crime with a similar secret identity and a sidekick, Kato. In the Green Hornet comic book series published by NOW Comics, the Lone Ranger makes a cameo through a portrait in the Reid home. Contrary to most visual media depictions, and acknowledged by developer/original scripter Ron Fortier to be the result of legal complications,[23] his mask covers all of his face, as it did in the two serials from Republic Pictures (see below). However, the properties have been acquired by separate owners and the familial link has been ignored in the Western character's various incarnations. The Lone Ranger-Green Hornet connection is part of Philip Jose Farmer's Wold Newton Universe, which connects disparate fictional characters.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lone_Ranger

He was the twins in The Social Network.

Has done nothing of significance since though :lol

Back