1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Batman 1989: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

The fact that such flaws exist suggests to me that the people who sculpted those areas didn't notice because they aren't familiar enough with the Batmobile's shape, because they don't have enough passion for it.

:lol

Yep, that's it! That's why the lights are off a smidge and the intake scoops on the side are too rounded. It's because the sculptors weren't passionate enough and don't care!

Re: Hot Toys Batman 1989: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

After all, they approved the Toynami. :wink1:

How come nobody gets up in arms about the Toynami canopy hatch and how wrong it is? The Hot Toys canopy is pretty much perfect, nothing like this pointy, bullet looking thing. You can tell they stylized it purposely.

toynamiflaw.jpg

They'll approve almost anything.

After all, they approved the Toynami. :wink1:

Yeah, i thought that was the dumbest thing in the world when they approved the high gloss black, the bright silver exhaust and the clear headlights (when it supposed to be clear yellow).

According to George, the guy who runs toynami, he said that WB wanted the gloss black on the Toynami piece.

So dumb. Hahahahahaha.

Oh well, at least I color corrected mine, so it's better now.

How come nobody gets up in arms about the Toynami canopy hatch and how wrong it is? The Hot Toys canopy is pretty much perfect, nothing like this pointy, bullet looking thing. You can tell they stylized it purposely.

toynamiflaw.jpg

That pointy shape matches the official blueprints. Maybe that is what they we going for.

They are cut elliptical and are seen as elliptical from the side, but as you walk towards the front of the car and look at them, they look more round. That they look round when viewed more from the front is the optical illusion.

I'm saying the exhaust tubes are a true circle with the ends cut on an angle giving them the illusion that they are eliptical when viewed from the side.

A true, round tube cut at an angle and viewed directly from the front is still going to look like a true round tube not eliptical.

What I'm not absolutely sure of is whether or not the actual cars exausts were slightly eliptical or a true circle.

:lol

Yep, that's it! That's why the lights are off a smidge and the intake scoops on the side are too rounded. It's because the sculptors weren't passionate enough and don't care!

Actually the too sharp corners on the forward edge of the rear quarters of the car aren't rounded enough and don't follow the shape of the slots properly, which changes the character of the car a lot there. They made it look more like a cheese slicer there. That area has nothing to do with the size of the car. If anything, it makes the car too large there, using more plastic, which costs MORE. I thought they were trying to CUT costs... It is just pure incompetence.

Actually the too sharp corners on the forward edge of the rear quarters of the car aren't rounded enough and don't follow the shape of the slots properly, which changes the character of the car a lot there. They made it look more like a cheese slicer there. That area has nothing to do with the size of the car. If anything, it makes the car too large there, using more plastic, which costs MORE. I thought they were trying to CUT costs... It is just pure incompetence.

Whatever, it doesn't bother me. If they tweak it before next year and make it more accurate, perfect, if not great. All the things you've mentioned so far have been minor and take side by side comparison illustrations to show how off it is.

Nothing Hot Toys has done with this has offended me and I think a lot of work went into it. They did their homework and research, even if it's a little bit boxy and not curvy or round enough. The features and interior details reflect that. If they weren't passionate or if they were incompetent, we wouldn't be seeing cool little things like Batman's Batmobile Communicator or the little batdisks.

If I had to nitpick a "flaw" about this thing, it would be the side panels and how cheap they look. I hate how it looks like the piping and "metal" parts are attached to a similar looking panel that's glued in place on the vehicle as opposed to looking natural and a part of the vehicle. It's glaringly obvious that they're separate pieces.

batmobilechaos.jpg

That's it though.

I'm saying the exhaust tubes are a true circle with the ends cut on an angle giving them the illusion that they are eliptical when viewed from the side.

A true, round tube cut at an angle and viewed directly from the front is still going to look like a true round tube not eliptical.

What I'm not absolutely sure of is whether or not the actual cars exausts were slightly eliptical or a true circle.

Are we talking about the same thing? I am referring to the large elliptical INTAKE opening on each the side of the car, ahead of the rear quarters.
If you cut a tube at an angle, you will get an elliptical opening, even though the INSIDE of the tube is perfectly round. If you mean the actual cross section of the tube, yes, it is rather round, but the opening, or the intake scoop is elliptical.

The HT Intake scoop is no more than 1/3 as elliptical as the real car intake at ANY angle.

Whatever, it doesn't bother me. If they tweak it before next year and make it more accurate, perfect, if not great. All the things you've mentioned so far have been minor and take side by side comparison illustrations to show how off it is.

Nothing Hot Toys has done with this has offended me and I think a lot of work went into it. They did their homework and research, even if it's a little bit boxy and not curvy or round enough. The features and interior details reflect that. If they weren't passionate or if they were incompetent, we wouldn't be seeing cool little things like Batman's Batmobile Communicator or the little batdisks.

If I had to nitpick a "flaw" about this thing, it would be the side panels and how cheap they look. I hate how it looks like the piping and "metal" parts are attached to a similar looking panel that's glued in place on the vehicle as opposed to looking natural and a part of the vehicle. It's glaringly obvious that they're separate pieces.

batmobilechaos.jpg

That's it though.

Actually I think that tubing section with the heat discoloration paint is one of the best parts of the whole car. That part, along with the cockpit instrument detailing, is top shelf as far as I can see. Maybe they could paint the panel black if needed. FFTGFFR.

toynamiflaw.jpg

Not to fuel the Hot Toys vs Toynami fire, but...

2. The canopy is oddly cone-shaped and pointy--admittedly, like the patent blueprint has them drawn, but the real car's canopy is more rounded off in front--like the 1:18 Hot Wheels version.

...it has been mentioned among other flaws. But I see your point. Both models have inaccuracies, in fact, ALL models of the 1989 Batmobile have some, and if all collectors were to go over each with the same fine tooth comb attention that the Hot Toys is getting here, it would be easy to find a bunch of errors with any model. If the argument against Hot Toys version is "for that high price, it should be better", then it follows that "for the Toynami price, it should be perfect". Guess what? Neither is.

Yeah, i thought that was the dumbest thing in the world when they approved the high gloss black, the bright silver exhaust and the clear headlights (when it supposed to be clear yellow).

According to George, the guy who runs toynami, he said that WB wanted the gloss black on the Toynami piece.

So dumb. Hahahahahaha.

Oh well, at least I color corrected mine, so it's better now.

Yeah I wasn't going to rehash every thing I think is wrong with the Toynami right out of the box (already did that), I was just taking an easy shot at it, since your post about "WB approval" was too easy of an alley-oop for me not to dunk. :yess:

...it has been mentioned among other flaws. But I see your point. Both models have inaccuracies, in fact, ALL models of the 1989 Batmobile have some, and if all collectors were to go over each with the same fine tooth comb attention that the Hot Toys is getting here, it would be easy to find a bunch of errors with any model. If the argument against Hot Toys version is "for that high price, it should be better", then it follows that "for the Toynami price, it should be perfect". Guess what? Neither is.

I had no idea it was mentioned before and I've ventured into that thread quite a few times. Sorry about that, good to see we're on the same page.

But yeah, that's what I'm getting at. Every Batmobile to date has had it's "flaws" and inaccuracies. People make it sound like this Hot Toys version is horrifically altered and that it costs too much with all of it's inaccuracies. That's simply not the case.

Originally when we got the first pics from SDCC, I thought the Batmobile was WAY out of proportion. It seemed way too short and squat. I don't know if it was because the canopy was open or the angles it was shot from, but it didn't look right to me.

Then when Pitu made that great, behind the scenes video, any doubts I had were silenced, especially when he opened and closed the canopy.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hstX6MwAc6s[/ame]

Since then, it's only gotten better. From the accurate dimensions (people kept claiming the L x W x H was compromised) to the features this thing has become everything people wanted and more. I can't fault what they've shown us so far. Even the price turned out better than what most expected. Typically these types of collectibles are better in hand so I don't really see what the problem is. It'll never be perfect.

:lecture Sooo difficult to resist that.

damn and here i thought my only concern was fitting batman in the car with that sturdy body he has.

blackthornone brings up a lot of good points, maybe they'll do what they did with iron man mark i which is re-release it and call it classic batmobile

Preordered mine from Super Power Collectibles today :)

This thread is getting so :slap Im sure 99% of people know its the batmobile:cuckoo: If they don't they haven't seen the movie... And if it bothers you that much don't buy it :lecture Hot toys do not have your arm up your back:exactly:

Some people need to grow up.. The real Batmobile cost loadsa money to build and building an exact replica in this scale will take lots of time which means lots of money.

Lets not forget this is a cheap but good replica of the 89 car, The perfectionists in this thread need to understand exactly how good this is at this price point and take it for what it is.

A good example of the 89 car :lecture

Last edited:

As far as I'm concerned Hot Toys version looks better than the real thing.

Back