Temple Of Doom Fans

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder when was the last time he's even seen TOD? I know a lot of the times years and years go by when a director or whatnot doesn't watch their film and sometimes doesn't until they're at a special screening or something. It's very possible he hasn't seen TOD in many years and has so many bad memories of it between his personal issues at the time and the backlash it got at the time of release that he remembers it being worse than it is. It'd be great if he'd watch it again with an open mind and fresh set of eyes. It wouldn't be the first time a director, actor or whatnot had a change of heart about a work of their's they previously didn't care for.

Another one of my favorite aspects of TOD is the score, especially the Slave Children's Crusade. Such an incredible track and truthfully I honestly even prefer it to the main classic Indy theme. It's so powerful and dynamic and sounds so heroic. That scene in TOD as it blares when Indy appears out of the darkness and punches the Thuggee guard right before he goes to free the slave children, always get goosebumps from that. John Williams really went all-out with the TOD score.

Another one of my favorite aspects of TOD is the score, especially the Slave Children's Crusade. Such an incredible track and truthfully I honestly even prefer it to the main classic Indy theme. It's so powerful and dynamic and sounds so heroic. That scene in TOD as it blares when Indy appears out of the darkness and punches the Thuggee guard right before he goes to free the slave children, always get goosebumps from that. John Williams really went all-out with the TOD score.

SUCH a badass moment. :rock :duff

It easily has to be one of the most iconic and memorable moments of the series. So many of the series' best images and moments alone are in TOD.

I'm the same way. I fully acknowledge and agree with Raiders being the best, but TOD is the one I find the most entertaining and is thus my favorite. I usually don't distinquish between best and favorite, but do in a way when it comes to Indy. It goes without saying the first two are both equally excellent in their own way.

I still love what John Williams did originally, hence my freaks and other forums username. There were two parts that he showed to spielberg, and he loved them both, and so the Raiders March was born:whip

The music he did for the first two films and especially TOD is amazing all-around. Some of the most iconic pieces of music in movie history for sure. Much like TOD itself, his TOD score went all-out.

Bringing this back to spread the TOD love. It's been a while since I last watched any of the films but plan to very soon. TOD is a great watch for any occasion and always my go-to Indy movie.

On a related subject, what's the species of insect that's seen crawling on the wall of the bug chamber in TOD? The very big crab-like one? Always thought that was one nasty, nightmare-inducing bug to even look at.

I was referring to the large bug seen crawling on the wall, I believe it's visible when Willie is in the bug chamber/tunnel.

Do you mean this one? images.jpeg
Its supposed to originate from Australia and New Guinea

I remember thinking how do they get all those creepy crawlies in one place, is there a company where you can rent a load of creepy crawlies? Remember this was back in the day with no CGI so what you saw on screen was what the actors were seeing.

I just realized TOD turns 35 next year, hard to believe it'll be that old already. Like any good film it stands the test of time forever. Would be awesome if there'd be some sort of a celebration for it to mark the occasion.

I always got to wonder how the future of the series may have been if not for the backlash and how Spielberg's own opinion on it might be if not for that. It seems he only looks down upon it due to the backlash and controversy, which is a shame because so many of his talents are on display full-force here.

I know it isn't exactly Horror, but does anyone else have TOD in rotation during their Horror viewing during Halloween, if anyone else does? TOD is the closest the series came to being outright Horror and definitely strongly evokes it at times during moments like the spike/bug chamber, the sacrifice and the overall extremely dark, ominous tone it has. I don't know if Spielberg and Lucas may have been influenced by EC Horror comics of the 50s but it definitely evokes that kind of style and mood much of the time. It fits with Halloween viewing just fine in my eyes.

I know it isn't exactly Horror, but does anyone else have TOD in rotation during their Horror viewing during Halloween, if anyone else does? TOD is the closest the series came to being outright Horror and definitely strongly evokes it at times during moments like the spike/bug chamber, the sacrifice and the overall extremely dark, ominous tone it has. I don't know if Spielberg and Lucas may have been influenced by EC Horror comics of the 50s but it definitely evokes that kind of style and mood much of the time. It fits with Halloween viewing just fine in my eyes.

Though not “Indy” Indy, the Young Indiana Jones episode “Masks of Evil” that features Dracula/Vlad the Impaler fits the bill for Halloween; I think I posted about this earlier in this thread...really creepy! Didn’t consider TOD as horror before, but yes, I can see how it fits.

I've heard about that Young Indy episode that features Vlad The Impaler, definitely want to give it a look. The show seems to have a bit of a hit and miss reception, but that episode seems fairly well-regarded.

Back