300 sequel in the works

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DinoLast

Super Freak
Reaction score
I have just got info from Spill.com that legendary pictures have approved a sequel with Frank Miller writing and zack snyder said to direct again . I would post a link but I am doing this on a PS3. Do you think this is a good idea?

It won't be called "300". Probably "Tens of Thousands" or something, judging from the final scene in the first movie.

I think it should be good as long as I don't get the deja vu feeling from watching the inevitable trailers or reading the synopses.

Counting Down to 300 Sequel

Today 7:03 AM PDT by Josh Grossberg

For Greece! For glory! For ripped guys in skimpy armor!

Legendary Pictures and Warner Bros. are looking for a plot to hang a follow-up to 300 on, as they try to repeat the surprise blockbuster success of the 2006 flick adapted from Frank Miller's graphic novel.

Fanboys will be heartened to know that, according to Variety, original director Zack Snyder is being wooed for the next installment, which will be based on a new graphic novel from the acclaimed comic-book writer.

The problem is exactly who will be going to war this time around, considering nearly all of 300's main characters were killed off at the end of the first film, including Gerard Butler and his heroic pecs. Butler's testosterone-fueled King Leonidas led Sparta's small yet fierce army in a doomed but inspiring standoff against the Persians in the Battle of Thermopylae.

Miller must work out whether the new saga will be a prequel, a sequel or a possible spinoff headlining those who survived the brutal fighting, and whether there will be a number referenced in the title (150? 600? 3,000?).

The 300 follow-up isn't the only swords-and-sandals epic in the works. Legendary is also hatching a remake to 1981's Clash of the Titans under the direction of The Incredible Hulk helmer Louis Leterrier. Relativity Media, meanwhile, is developing a project entitled War of Gods. No word when those will unspool.

Snyder's next film, Watchmen, an action sci-fi fantasy following a vigilante who investigates the murder of an ex-superhero, hits theaters next March. And Miller is set to make his directing debut with an adaptation of his graphic novel The Spirit, due out this Christmas.

biggest thing about ANY movie making a decent amount of money is that its instantly moved to the sequel list. Even if a sequel makes no freaking sense.....

Didn't they all die at the end:dunno

Yes King they all died "exited their vehicles" like Heavens Gate. The sequel is going to show their ungoing struggle to stay on the comet hale bopp while trying to fight off the alien horde. Therefore creating a battle with 300 Spartans. Hence the sequel. :lecture:lol

Yes King they all died "exited their vehicles" like Heavens Gate. The sequel is going to show their ungoing struggle to stay on the comet hale bopp while trying to fight off the alien horde. Therefore creating a battle with 300 Spartans. Hence the sequel. :lecture:lol

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

I heard that they were going to team up with Danny Ocean in a plot to steal all the gold of persia. It is going to be called Ocean's 300

Only if they play white Spartan chicks.

Or G I Spartans:rock

marlon-wyans.jpg

Back