1/4 Hot Toys QS07 Iron Man 3: Iron Man Mark XLII Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It annoys me also, I'm still getting it, but it's something I was really looking forward to and now I'm not. I think it would be my only 1/4, my favourite Iron Man armour, and they changed everything the the worst - darker colours, the horrible blobs, why not the dripping rusted weathering, is it really asking too much when we're paying so much for it?

I really hope when I get it in hand my opinion will change, otherwise I'll always look at it and think I could have gotten two 1/6 ones instead of this...

It's not looking so great when there's not many people posting on here also singing its praises.

I've ordered the standard, cashed in my points for the first time ever so only paying shipping. All those stands always stay in the box for me, so I'm glad they have the option this time around to save a few bucks. I'm going to have to work around the paint issues when I get it in hand though.

Is there any chance they'll release another batch of these? Kinda like how they did with the 1/6 Deadpool wrist thing. Surely they've had complaints or at least noticed the negative comments about this paintwork.

Is there any chance they'll release another batch of these? Kinda like how they did with the 1/6 Deadpool wrist thing. Surely they've had complaints or at least noticed the negative comments about this paintwork.

DP wrist was a QC issue thi was a design choice I doubt they'll make others without the burn marks.

This still looks good all the way around. I jumped on the waitlist for the deluxe version. I want that base. I knew I should have preordered sooner. I hope it converts, but man it's gonna be rough paying for this thing in two payments rather than several smaller ones. I was really hoping it would show up as in stock before I put in my payment schedule. I guess the deluxe version is a big part of the incentive on this thing - almost like getting the gantry all over again.

How many think this has a strong chance for conversion since it just waitlisted yesterday?

Arrived! A beauty [emoji7]
Some pictures of my current setup>>>
9236af8ab249012686273f1fa65b7f5a.jpg

6fcdf802453a37768649cd48c3cd46e4.jpg

abe0e7677ce963c313d03e2311206280.jpg

a8eee129f706c84a112ba8ddc7731ccc.jpg

Received mine today. For what it's worth, I have no issues with the eyes. I think it looks fine in-hand. The battle damage blotches (when compared to the prototype) on the other hand ... :(

32946297596_6aaf514f8c_b_d.jpg

32172580293_1941041ca9_b_d.jpg

32946294956_26b4aea138_b_d.jpg

e0b167ef8e3a9b063bb6e182a78a16a8.jpg

Mine has the eye problem more pronounced.
In hand is not too bad but it is there
I'm thinking if getting a repaint or not...

A lot of these photos with the eyes are close up shots - so people are also dealing with barrel distortion caused by the camera. From a distance, as in knl01's post, the eyes look more normal. It's also why Winter Soldier Black Widow looks weird in certain photos. Sort of like those selfies taken too close to the face.

I hope my order converts from the waitlist - I want this with all the bells and whistles.

View attachment 325270

I followed the source of the guy who cleaned up the airbrushed marks. So apparently what he did was use paint thinner to wipe off the marks. Some of the gold also were wiped off. So he had to repaint and recreate the battle damaged effects. I want to try using diluted thinner to see if they can be removed without altering the gold color. Scary thought

Some scale model builders use Turpenoid (note: not turpenTINE, and not the green label Turpenoid, but the blue one) to remove excess paint when they do oil washes over acrylic clear coats, since it doesn't run as hot as turpentine, white spirits, etc. I've had great results using it on my Bandai kits, where the paint thinner I had used on a prior kit had the paint taken off all the way down to the plastic with very little effort, and it caused a chalking effect on the polystyrene of the model itself where it just crumbled to bits and pieces when barely touched (not relevant to this discussion, but worth mentioning maybe).

Since I started using odorless Turpenoid, I have all day to wipe excess oil paint washes off the models with literally no fear of messing up the clear coat, etc. Granted you could, but it takes a lot more effort. i have some, just not sure I want to risk ruining it, and I don't want to give someone the wrong idea to do it themselves. Just speaking from personal experience with thinners. With model building you're just using an enamel-based wash over acrylics, and the opposite if you're painting in enamels. I have no idea what they are painting these in, or if they are even clear coating over those airbrush marks.

Grabbed the last pre order from alter ego comics. Found a few places with the deluxe still available to preorder . Had to preorder outside SS simply because with tax and shipping if $45 less ...I'll wait thank you very much

Back