NHL 2011-2012 Season

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's right they were.. either way, Atlanta was a poorly run team. See, i don't mind being corrected.

Merrill is the best shot, and NJ is high on him. And like I said, his recent lack of playing will hinder both his development and therefore his price tag. Again, if NJ takes him out of the equation that is a moot point.

Either way, the pieces coming back from NJ's side were all solid pieces at that time. And two of them were showing it at the NHL level. But in the end, Atlanta did want out, and Wandell was a **** GM. lol

Besides, you keep dismissing Reid Boucher... he's one heckuva prospect you got!

I didn't dismiss Boucher. He's not ready to jump the NHL.
Merrill isn't going to be a chip in a trade deal. Despite his issues, the Devils are pretty high on him.
Edmonton is going to want someone who is NHL ready in the form of a defenseman. Urbom, Tallinder, Volchenkov etc, etc. We've got a lot of pieces we can throw at Edmonton.

You misunderstood me. That wasn't a rip.

I'm enjoying the hockey talk and gaining insights. Remember, I left the NHL when the North Stars left for Dallas in the early '90s. Slowly been getting back into it over the last two years. :peace

He's too defensive, like the rest of us used to be in here. I am learning to be more passive aggressive lately. I still feel the need to put guys straight. But I'll give him this... he did correct me on the Kovalchuk salary dump argument. It just seemed so easy to go there with the way things ended for the Thrashers, and why my city got the team.

I didn't dismiss Boucher. He's not ready to jump the NHL.
Merrill isn't going to be a chip in a trade deal. Despite his issues, the Devils are pretty high on him.
Edmonton is going to want someone who is NHL ready in the form of a defenseman. Urbom, Tallinder, Volchenkov etc, etc. We've got a lot of pieces we can throw at Edmonton.

lol So what you said about Merrill, pretty much echoes what I have already said. It has been well documented how high they are on him. Plus guys like Lou are too smart to trade a guy who's value is down because of the aforementioned reasons. Oh, I know Reid Boucher isn't NHL ready. He's a couple to few years off. Just saying he's a very good prospect who's evolving along nicely for you guys. Just surprised you didn't talk about him in your prospect ramblings. He currently leads the OHL in goals... I think. I know he surpassed Boone Jenner. Granted BJ was at the WJC... suspended for half of the tournament. lol

The only chip I think Edmonton would like that you brought up, that wold be worth while is Volchenkov. He's a hitting machine.

Besides Gagner, some of us have thrown around Fehr's name as a possible UFA signing. I know he didn't pan out well in WPG, but he'd make a good 3rd liner.

Fehr was also hurt, but as much as I am for the local boy to do well, he's been far removed from a real productive NHL season. He'll never live up to his prospect status... he was such a stud in the Dub. I hope he can turn it around. He's only 27.

Fehr was also hurt, but as much as I am for the local boy to do well, he's been far removed from a real productive NHL season. He'll never live up to his prospect status... he was such a stud in the Dub. I hope he can turn it around. He's only 27.

He was pretty good on the Caps. I'm sure the Devils aren't looking for a superstar but someone who can fill a role.

He was pretty good on the Caps. I'm sure the Devils aren't looking for a superstar but someone who can fill a role.

Oh no I get that, but he does have a good offensive game. Third liners can still produce decent numbers. I am not saying you're expecting a Parise replacement in him. But he's not overly strong on the defensive end of things. Even his last year in Washington he was dispensable.

Again, some teams work out better for players more than others do. He would make for cheap experimental fodder.

Can't argue that... I like passionate fan discussion. Nothing entertains me more.. well, maybe a lady... I'll just stop there.

Anyway, I would like it if we did a hockey pool... Even if it's like 8 of us.

Any takers?

Count me in homie! Yahoo Sports?

Not bad..not bad

[ame="https://youtu.be/9My_jtXUhwM"]https://youtu.be/9My_jtXUhwM[/ame]

But, my favorite so far this year.."kayynaa kaynaa kaynaa kaynaa quatros Schneider senior Kane"
[ame="https://youtu.be/a7bSuDvlsuc"]https://youtu.be/a7bSuDvlsuc[/ame]

im in for the pool
if we are only 8 guys we need something where we pick like 20 and top 15 count for the season, none of this team management stuff, I dont have time for that especially with no money involved

im in for the pool
if we are only 8 guys we need something where we pick like 20 and top 15 count for the season, none of this team management stuff, I dont have time for that especially with no money involved

yay for injuries! Shortened season so injuries should be reduced.

Back