1/6 Hot Toys Rogue One: JYN ERSO

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They might be low-sellers. That's why.

Exactly "might". So why not take the might out of the equation.

I've said this before and I'll say it again.

These are exactly the type of figures HT should be putting out to fan choice vote with say 2-3 other figures. Then with the most popular voted figure, crowd source it like Hasbro did with the Jaba Sail Barge (Haslab project). People put in a deposit to cover some of the up front costs etc

Therefore Fans get what they want, it's crowd funded so HT have no financial risk.

Win-Win. They could even make an event of it. One per year for Star Wars, Marvel and DC ?

But no, that's too market savvy for HT.

They wouldn't even need to do the whole crowd sourcing thing. Just do a vote to determine interest and id be happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly "might". So why not take the might out of the equation.

These are exactly the type of figures HT should be putting out to fan choice vote with say 2-3 other figures. Then with the most popular voted figure, crowd source it like Hasbro did with the Jaba Sail Barge (Haslab project). People put in a deposit to cover some of the up front costs etc

Therefore Fans get what they want, it's crowd funded so HT have no financial risk.

Win-Win. They could even make an event of it. One per year for Star Wars, Marvel and DC ?

But no, that's too market savvy for HT.

I used to work for a garage model kit business in the US, and any time i showed a master pattern of a kit i worked on, there were literally hundreds of people who sprang up to confirm they would absolutely buy said kit once it was produced.
The sad truth is that of all the people who say they *will* buy one, less than one in ten actually will pony up the cash for said product.
It's not anyone's fault. We all live in the real world and there are times that real world bills surface and you don't have the cash this month, for whatever reason.

There's also a problem(Which is hugely seen on this forum, in almost every thread), and that is one of customer entitlement.
I'm not attacking anyone about this subject. Anyone who makes these posts knows who they are, and i agree that the customer has a right to what they paid for. But on here, when the inevitable delays start to happen, people start to whine and moan about how long these things are taking. To my mind, it takes as long as it takes, and shortening the time results in a worse product. But time after time, in thread after thread, people are moaning "Where's my Obi-Wan?!?!"(Or similar), when the originally projected date has come and gone.

I can only imagine how much worse it would be on some fan-poll figure that people pre-ordered a year ago and hasn't arrived yet.
Trust me, the first time HT did such a thing would be the last time. It never works. Fans would just get upset over the time it takes, but would have oh-so-much-more entitlement about any delay. And also, the people who would simply cancel after a while. It makes my blood boil when people ask on the forum "Where can i pre-order without an NRD?" They are just saying "I want it now, but want to cancel in 4 months time when i don't care about this character any more".
Once again, i'm not attacking anyone. Just commenting from my own experience in providing niche product for fans of such.

I used to work for a garage model kit business in the US, and any time i showed a master pattern of a kit i worked on, there were literally hundreds of people who sprang up to confirm they would absolutely buy said kit once it was produced.
The sad truth is that of all the people who say they *will* buy one, less than one in ten actually will pony up the cash for said product.
It's not anyone's fault. We all live in the real world and there are times that real world bills surface and you don't have the cash this month, for whatever reason.

There's also a problem(Which is hugely seen on this forum, in almost every thread), and that is one of customer entitlement.
I'm not attacking anyone about this subject. Anyone who makes these posts knows who they are, and i agree that the customer has a right to what they paid for. But on here, when the inevitable delays start to happen, people start to whine and moan about how long these things are taking. To my mind, it takes as long as it takes, and shortening the time results in a worse product. But time after time, in thread after thread, people are moaning "Where's my Obi-Wan?!?!"(Or similar), when the originally projected date has come and gone.

I can only imagine how much worse it would be on some fan-poll figure that people pre-ordered a year ago and hasn't arrived yet.
Trust me, the first time HT did such a thing would be the last time. It never works. Fans would just get upset over the time it takes, but would have oh-so-much-more entitlement about any delay. And also, the people who would simply cancel after a while. It makes my blood boil when people ask on the forum "Where can i pre-order without an NRD?" They are just saying "I want it now, but want to cancel in 4 months time when i don't care about this character any more".
Once again, i'm not attacking anyone. Just commenting from my own experience in providing niche product for fans of such.

Easily overcome. Just make the NRD half the price of the figure and you'll only get the interested people. That's like $100.

As far as lead times, i would say HT have a pretty good handle on how long it takes to make a figure. They do it EVERY day. So they can easily specify upfront exactly when it will be ready. They wouldn't want to fail on one like this, so it would be on time. How many HT figures are late anyway ? 10% ?

Easy issues really.

I agree with both points here. I do wonder though if Disney's approval would hold up or prevent such an endeavor. Neither of the tube bros are heavily represented in merchandise it seems. Possible Disney just doesn't see them as priority characters to push with merchandising.

I agree with both points here. I do wonder though if Disney's approval would hold up or prevent such an endeavor. Neither of the tube bros are heavily represented in merchandise it seems. Possible Disney just doesn't see them as priority characters to push with merchandising.

I'm pretty sure Disney would be mainly interested in what HT releases from films about to come out.

OT, PT or past films is up to Hot Toys discretion. If HT want to do a Sy Snootles, I don't think Disney will be very involved or say no you can't do that.

As cool as Two Tubes look is I feel he is pretty low priority compared to a lot of figures still yet to be released.

While I appreciate the sentiment of aliens, I just don't see the general collecting audience shelling out $240+ for background and C/D level characters, as cool as they may look. Would HT do awesome work with them? Absolutely. But from a financial standpoint it's never going to be worth it to them.

The ticket is for Sideshow to get their head out of their ass and offer these sorts of characters in the $180 range. They can't do humans well as we've established. But their creatures are solid. If they would shift their MO to creatures and environments and proudly market that prowess, they could become a staple requirement for every 1/6 collector. They need to get this idea of going toe to toe with HT out of their head.

While I appreciate the sentiment of aliens, I just don't see the general collecting audience shelling out $240+ for background and C/D level characters, as cool as they may look. Would HT do awesome work with them? Absolutely. But from a financial standpoint it's never going to be worth it to them.

The ticket is for Sideshow to get their head out of their ass and offer these sorts of characters in the $180 range. They can't do humans well as we've established. But their creatures are solid. If they would shift their MO to creatures and environments and proudly market that prowess, they could become a staple requirement for every 1/6 collector. They need to get this idea of going toe to toe with HT out of their head.

I wish that N.E.C.A. could obtain a Star Wars license.

:lecture :goodpost: I’ve said it before, whoever’s running that company is an imbecile for not taking advantage of what works for them — and their new Jabba; think of the number of random aliens they could sell right now to go with that set. Doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out someone needs to lose their job.

Since when have Sideshow been cheap in the last couple of years ? If anything they have been more expensive than HT. Don't get me wrong SS are ideally positioned, but they just can't compete price or sculpt wise. Costumes are OK.

As far as background C/D level characters though (which typically have say a couple of seconds screen time), I'd say this guy below fits into that category pretty well. Yet here we are...and he's not even from the OT which typically is a licence to print money.

In any case, back to my original point. If there was a popularity vote at the start and pre-orders accordingly the business case is based on hard facts and real orders, not on subjective maybes.

patrol-trooper_star-wars_gallery_5c4c38b8e7eb8.jpg

...eeeh [emoji849] ...so, when you watched the OT or PT your first thought was that the Force was male and ejacuated by Anakin?

Kathleen Kennedy said it and it is now canon in the lore.

Why? Objection? You dare to question the head of Lucasfilm?

Back