Legendary Pictures' GODZILLA - !!SPOILERS!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Legendary Pictures' GODZILLA - May 16, 2014

I'm not saying the designs were bad, just something with the lighting and some of the motions in the head just made him look more like a rubber suit than a living creature with skin. The cinematography in 54, 84 and 89 had something to it that made him look more alive.

Some new tidbits about Godzilla from the script source.

Spoiler Spoiler:
"This Godzilla is a brutal physical opponent who "thrashes", "slashes" and whips with his tail."

You know what other animals thrash, slash and whip with their tails?

Iguanas. :panic:

"This Godzilla is a brutal physical opponent who "thrashes", "slashes" and whips with his tail."

You know what other animals thrash, slash and whip with their tails?

Iguanas. :panic:

Don't they just eat lettuce or fruit though? What purpose is the thrashing and slashing really for?

Well, according to Roland Emmerich I guess they eat fish too. But my iguana never ate a fish. He couldn't ever catch one. Lazy ****.

I'm not saying the designs were bad, just something with the lighting and some of the motions in the head just made him look more like a rubber suit than a living creature with skin.
Designs aside, yes.
Most of those were shot in daylight too so of course they wouldn't look super-real, doesn't make 'em less qualitative.

'84 and '01 had awful neck and head, hilarious and sad to look at when in motion.

This source, true or not, needs to be the film's hype man. But this can also be dangerous. Even though I'm taking it with a grain of salt, now I know at least how into this film I CAN be.

Sounds like the final fight may be a total slobberknocker.

:lol

No, that will be MF after the movie. :lol

Interesting if so.

Would you want him moving that fast?

I know the question wasn't directed at me, but I certainly would. Let him walk slow and take his time. But when he has to strike, he'd do so with the speed and efficiency of most reptiles, that crocodiles do, and how dinosaurs probably did.

:lol

hey if this movie kicks ***, even though I am picky as hell with it, I'll be this movie's *****

Don't they just eat lettuce or fruit though? What purpose is the thrashing and slashing really for?

Well, according to Roland Emmerich I guess they eat fish too. But my iguana never ate a fish. He couldn't ever catch one. Lazy ****.

At Venice Beach, you see iguanas just chillin on someone's shoulder sometimes. :lol

Interesting if so.

Would you want him moving that fast?

I'm not thinking speed so much as how it was just raw and animalistic, it wasn't a Hollywood fight, it looked like animals just fighting to the death and it wasn't clean.

I'm very excited to see how godzilla fights in this one and how brutal he can be.

tumblr_mzbb8oNd8m1qcqjsdo1_1280.jpg

Back