Who Portrayed Batman the Best?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Who Best Portrayed Batman?

• Adam West

Votes: 6 4.0%
  • Michael Keaton

Votes: 35 23.2%
  • Val Kilmer

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • George Clooney

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Christian Bale

Votes: 89 58.9%
  • Kevin Conroy

Votes: 18 11.9%

• Total voters
Ugh, TDK made me dislike Bale's Batman even more. Honestly, he still did a good job, and was perfect as Wayne, but his batvoice annoyed the piss out of me more than it did in the first film. God, I miss Keaton.

I thought the Batvoice was MUCH better this time around. Sounded nasely and whiney in BB, but sounded like a growl in this one, which I think really fits well with the character.

Agree with Buttmuch. :lecture

I saw it last night (same theater as BM) and I would give it a sold 9.5/10. Did HL's Joker bring Tom Waits to anyone else's mind. I hadn't read anywhere that he based his interpretation on Wait, but it was a dead on impersonation of him.

I loved it. :rock

Let's see...

Michael Keaton = Crappy Wayne, God Bats
Christian Bale = Crappy Bats, Good Wayne (his Bats voice is just pathetic, if only he had some mechnical device to augment his voice, it would have been better)
Kevin Conroy = Great Wayne, Great Bats

Conroy wins.

Conroy only did a voiceover though. To me you can't really say he "portrayed" Batman the best. Maybe he sounded the best as Batman but portrayed?

Conroy only did a voiceover though. To me you can't really say he "portrayed" Batman the best. Maybe he sounded the best as Batman but portrayed?

Ya, I think you'd have to say Batman: TAS Batman and Wayne, a combination of Conroy's voice and the animators efforts brought that to life.

I like Bale the most, he's a fantastic Wayne and I enjoy him as Batman. I think what they do with his voice is good, it's so departed from Wayne's voice, aids in the cover. Keaton's voice sounded nice, but Batman and Keaton were very close in sound so one with a sharp ear might go, hmmm sounds like Bruce Wayne to me. I'm still amazed how Bale does either voice with how his natural one sounds.

You could argue that, but just the force of that voice, with my love for that show, just bring to mind Conroy's voice whenever someone mentions batman

I'm really gonna have to check the animated series out. Too many here are raving about it. I'm just not into modern cartoons and animation.

I'm really gonna have to check the animated series out. Too many here are raving about it. I'm just not into modern cartoons and animation.

That series and JLU are some of my favorite animated series ever. I belive someone on YouTube has every episode on there. I'll look for it when I get home

Little fun fact: Kevin Conroy went to Julliard at the same time as Christopher Reeve......

Yes you are. It's my fave cartoon of all time. Possibly my fave TV show of all time. Though, I don't think you can call a show from 1992 "modern" anymore :lol

Glad to hear more people speaking up about Bale's bat-voice, good to know I'm not the only one that's put off by it. His voice (as well as some other aspects of his performance) far too intense for what I think Batman should be.

Glad to hear more people speaking up about Bale's bat-voice, good to know I'm not the only one that's put off by it. His voice (as well as some other aspects of his performance) far too intense for what I think Batman should be.

That's funny. It's his intensity that makes me love him as Batman. I still remember how cool it was to see him grab up Flass and question him.

"Swear to me!"

Still one of my favorite movie lines of all time.

Yes you are. It's my fave cartoon of all time. Possibly my fave TV show of all time. Though, I don't think you can call a show from 1992 "modern" anymore :lol

1992. I had no idea.:eek: I thought this was something kinda recent.

As far as Bales voice goes I just saw a clip of Bats, Gordon and Dent talking and I didn't care for his voice either. Made me want to give him a Halls. Seeing the whole movie may change my mind though.

And as far as this thread topic goes: Keaton :rock

That's funny. It's his intensity that makes me love him as Batman. I still remember how cool it was to see him grab up Flass and question him.

"Swear to me!"

Still one of my favorite movie lines of all time.

See, it would have been a GREAT line if his voice didn't sound retarded and lame, I could have made a more menacing voice. I really hope they changed that for TDK.

Agreed, Batman TAS is not so much a modern cartoon anymore but Conroy's work on Justice League and Justice League Unlimited as Batman still gives me chills.

Hearing the few people come forward and admit that they have never seen Batman The Animated Series makes me feel good that there have been so many members saying nothing but good things about this series.
Probably the greatest Comic/Super hero/Action series ever made as a cartoon and it is about Batman. If you have not seen it and you have Toon Disney it comes on everyday, once in the morning and once in the evening. Supposedly there is going to be a Batman TAS marathon on Friday on Toon Disney. Check it out, you won't be disappointed.

Oh, also among my favorite episodes is Heart of Steel parts I and II. Maybe the best sci-fi episode of the series.

Wow, poor Val Kilmer gets no votes! He's a far better Batman then either Clooney, or Adam West.
For me Conroy is the best Batman, same as until I see The Dark Knight, Hamill makes the best Joker. Bale is the best live action Batman out of the list though.

it is very hard to compare a voice actor to a live action actor. Kevin Conroy is great, but to see him actually act in a live action movie is another story.

gotta go with bale. i was never into batman until i saw BB. ive seen the rest of the movies but they were just ok movies. and i like bales batman voice. that is what sells it for me. its like a split personality. batman is a completely different entity than wayne. he's not just a guy in a mask. he becomes someone else. the only other version of batman i enjoyed was the animated series. watched that all the time as a teenager. the only episode i can remember is the Mr. Freeze episode. that was a damn fine story. i wish they could do something similar to that with the nolan/bale franchise.

I don't know; this is like asking "who portrayed James Bond best?" There's a Batman for every generation, just like there's a Bond for every generation. My Bond is Roger Moore, my Batman is Keaton. Does that mean that the other Batmans and Bonds are bad? Not at all. The ones I choose are just a part of my nostalgia. I think Bale is a rock hard batman, glad he took the job. Daniel Craig on the other hand... I need to see a few more Bond movies of his until I feel comfortable... When is the next Bond in the theatres btw? :D

Back