Weta Gollum 1:3 Scale

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It would be very difficult to resist to a 1/3 Gandalf the Grey. Hope they never make one lol

You could argue that, but many times the deals are pretty good. The Balrog at $250 this past sale is much lower than I would expect it to be priced at normally.

Fair enough. That hurt. I don't buy many Weta stuff these days aside from their mini-helms which is another sore point. I bought the Balrog early so I guess on that piece I helped to "donate" to the savvier, more patient buyers. LoL. This is not a very good business model and can create a lot of bad feelings. I know it will be awhile before I buy any Weta piece early . . .

True, although the recent Balrog and Smaug sales were quite extreme. You can't wait for promotions on every piece as some sell out fast or in pre-order.

True, although the recent Balrog and Smaug sales were quite extreme. You can't wait for promotions on every piece as some sell out fast or in pre-order.

Yes, but many that sell out can still be had at or lower than retail. Not many pieces like Azog on Warg that skyrocket anymore. Those sales were very good, but the sales last year were good too.

Tons of in hand pics of this piece of art has been post on Asian collector forum, look amazing just as the prototype.

Tons of in hand pics of this piece of art has been post on Asian collector forum, look amazing just as the prototype.

Do you have a link? Searching for "Asian collector forum" didn't turn up anything.

@SolidLiquidFox, they do. They just released Eomer, Thranduil on Elk, Fell Beast bust, the releases are now kind of 50% Hobbit 50% lotr. This statue is the first 1/3.

Does anyone have this Gollum? Was thinking about picking it up, but haven't seen in hand pics.

Yes ,it's ok now .But what I would really like is some kind of glass dome to cover the statue .i'm sure that I saw a photo somewhere with one on ,maybe it was Weta .But I can't find a suitable glass dome myself ?

Yes ,it's ok now .But what I would really like is some kind of glass dome to cover the statue .i'm sure that I saw a photo somewhere with one on ,maybe it was Weta .But I can't find a suitable glass dome myself ?

You talk about this:
https://www.facebook.com/WetaWorkshop/photos/pcb.10155055808832303/10155055808247303/?type=3&theater

Amazing set-up

It seems you need to find a company that produces domes. It can be very expensive, check these prices:
https://www.glass-domes.co.uk/prices.htm

Or test your luck: https://glassproducts.en.alibaba.co...d_Base_D35_x_H50cm_D13_78xH19_69_inches_.html

If you find it pls share. The one from Alibaba actually seems like the one the guy used. 35x50 cm. Good luck.

That price drop has me considering this piece as I have admired it for a while but always thought it was too expensive. For those that have experience with Weta, is this drop an indication that it might get even lower? Do they typically do a Black Friday sale?

That price drop has me considering this piece as I have admired it for a while but always thought it was too expensive. For those that have experience with Weta, is this drop an indication that it might get even lower? Do they typically do a Black Friday sale?

Weta won't discount their master collection line. Retailers can do what they want, but you won't see their premium statue line in any sales.

Holy moly, so this just happened...

This email is to confirm your recent order. Everything correct?

Order #110xxxx on 11/27/2019
ORDER DETAILS - TAX INVOICE

Currency in USD

MASTERS COLLECTION - GOLLUM

LIMITED EDITION OF 589

$539.00

Qty: 1

UPS GROUND from US

Est. delivery: Apr 9, 2020

Subtotal: $539.00
UPS GROUND: $71.83

Total
$610.83

Billed
Paid immediately by card (xxxx) $122.17
Billed in the Future
Payment plan: Dec 27 $122.17
Payment plan: Jan 27 $122.17
Payment plan: Feb 27 $122.17
Payment plan: Mar 27 $122.17

I'm still a bit stunned. I stumbled into my email a short while ago and had an email from Weta regarding a reverse auction for the Masterline 1:3 Gollum, and clicked on the link which took me to their website with only 4 minutes to go on the auction, and I was able to snag one for $539 + shipping!! Talk about amazing timing. I'm never that lucky lol!

Just waiting for the email stating that there was some error on the website now lol...
Holy ...I'm in shock really.

Nice work! I was kind of looking at it, but had no idea how that worked. I didn't realize there was a timer associated with it.

Back