LOST discussion - thar be spoilers ahead!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dunno, my wife and I have been feeling the opposite.... Considering how far they've come this season (nearly concluding the story of the survivors' lives from the crash to the 'rescue'), I'm having a hard time figuring out what the heck they will fill another 2 seasons with! I've always imagined the "end" of the show would coincide with the rescue of the survivors. That arc seems to be concluding within this very season. I don't know if I'm interested in 2 seasons of LOST that take place back in the homeland, dealing with the survivors sorting out their 'issues' and what not. Two seasons is a looong time, I don't know how they are going to fill it out.

This is what is so exciting to me! Why this show is so good. They keep playing with audience expectations, keeping us guessing. I don't even know if the flashbacks/forwards will continue or if they will just cut between the island happenings and the rest of the world next season. I think they have well in hand and have mapped out the major points for the next 2 seasons in order for it to come to a natural conclusion. All I do know is that it will not be a happy ending for several of the characters and that some people are bound to be disappointed with the reveal of the 'big mystery'. I can't wait to buy the whole series box set on Blu-Ray!

Nah, they still have a TON of stories left to tell. Don't worry.

For season 5, we'll probably get a ton of great flashbacks to fill in on who the Freighter crew is (Charlotte, Miles, Faraday, Frank) since they were just given that one episode with a couple brief flashes and Faraday was in Desmond's episode.

I actually hope the series doesn't end happily. I know that would piss some fans off but that's the only way I can see it ending.

I'm with Dusty. I think when they wrote the pilot and were tossing around ideas for the show, it was mostly just that people would crash on an island full of science experiments. Then everything progressed from that point. I think more proof of that is when Locke sees the map of the stations on the wall, there's only 6. Now we know there's 8 (probably even 9 or 10):

The Looking Glass and Hydra (both underwater), The Staff, The Arrow (more of a storage area, where the Tail section stayed), The Flame, The Swan, The Pearl, The Orchid.

Was the facility with the gas given a name?

I think the Oceanic 6 will end up back on the island, returning because they have to accomplish some kind of mission to save the world or the surviving survivors.

Yeah, it would seem that Jack wants to go back to rescue the surviving crew from the "move". And I'm guessing it's Ben that died and was in the casket and he was the only real link they had to finding the island again.

This is what is so exciting to me! Why this show is so good. They keep playing with audience expectations, keeping us guessing. I don't even know if the flashbacks/forwards will continue or if they will just cut between the island happenings and the rest of the world next season. I think they have well in hand and have mapped out the major points for the next 2 seasons in order for it to come to a natural conclusion. All I do know is that it will not be a happy ending for several of the characters and that some people are bound to be disappointed with the reveal of the 'big mystery'. I can't wait to buy the whole series box set on Blu-Ray!

Oh don't get me wrong, I agree with ya! I was just commenting on the need for more than 2 seasons to adequately wrap up the show. I'm ecstatic that they are giving us 2 more seasons especially when I feel like we've already gotten so far in the story in the current season.

Dave, that's an interesting theory!

I think the Oceanic 6 will end up back on the island, returning because they have to accomplish some kind of mission to save the world or the surviving survivors.

They'll prolly end back up on the island in Season 5, or at least some of them. I doubt the writers would want to keep them away too long.

My "Alternate/Parallel Universes" theory would allow anything to happen.

Consider that the Oceanic 6 are back in civilization but not in their "own" universe/dimension...

That's why they are still seeing the dead (Jack's dad and Charlie, for example.) Charlie tells Hurley that they need to go back. Also tells Hurley to tell Jack that he'll be visited by someone soon. We find out it's Jack's dad but before they can "talk", they are interrupted by the lady leaving the office and she blows the whole family reunion...

I have a feeling that we'll see more of the dead appearing to the Oceanic 6. (those that have died on the island, perhaps.) That will be enough to get them feeling either guilty or insane enough to band together and look for Widmore or Penny or someone else that may hold information on the possible location of the "moved" island.

I'm with Dusty. I think when they wrote the pilot and were tossing around ideas for the show, it was mostly just that people would crash on an island full of science experiments. Then everything progressed from that point.

I dunno 'bout that.

I saw the first LOST panel at Comic-Con before it aired (it was a classic Con promo panel) and I think it was Lindelof who said they had written this GREAT story- arc and all, and that they had been approaching people to produce it.

And I'm guessing it's Ben that died and was in the casket and he was the only real link they had to finding the island again.

We're on the same page there. I really do think it's Ben in the casket in the flash forwards (who has died along with Jack's only hope of getting back to the island).

I also have a strong hunch that season five will pick up on the mainland with the flash-forwards now over and depressed airport Jack's mission to get back now being the "present" timeline story.

That, of course, leaves the question--if they have been off the island for two years or so (based on Aaron's age) then how could we possibly pick up the story in 2007 and skip all that time on the island? So much would have happened in the years since the O6 left.

Unless, of course, "moving the island" has a time travel element to it. Then the other 815 survivors won't have been waiting on the island all that time, because they will have jumped into the past or future and who knows how much time will have passed for them by the time the Six return. Could be a few days, could be weeks/months/years. It would be weird for Jin to reunite with his wife after her being gone a few days (island time) and have her show up with a two year old Ji Yeon. (Same with Aaron and Claire, although there's no telling what's happening with her, assuming she is even coming back next season.)

Yea I think your right it must be Ben in the Coffin but if so how would he have been killed? we'll have to wait and find out

Well, I would assume that if the Island wouldn't let Michael die, and presumably Widmore (hence Ben's comment that they both know he couldn't kill him), that Ben would also be covered by the Island's protection. (In fact, it's interesting that when Jack tried to kill himself in the flash forward, fate/the Island intervened and he wasn't allowed to do it. So maybe Jack is "safe" as well.)

However, Ben seems to be on his way out of the Island's favor. (He said as much in "Cabin Fever" episode, then pitifully shared a candy bar with Hurley while Jacob communicated with his replacement.) The torch seems to be passing to Locke instead as the new Chosen One, and if Ben is no longer the Island's special boy and Jacob's designated mouthpiece, then it would be a sad end to his current character arc to see him off the island and dead, a powerless and forgotten nobody with only Jack to show up and mourn him at his funeral. It also explains Kate's reaction--she really seemed surprised that Jack would even think of her going to pay her respects. So if he no longer has the protection of the Island (or if Widmore further changed "the rules") then maybe Widmore and Co. got to him and killed him before he was able to get to Penny.

So ...

the encore of Lost this week will include "additional footage?" Interesting concept for television shows.

Anyone watch the "pop up" repeats? They mentioned the Dalai Lama exercise with Locke. But also made a comparison between Locke and Ben that I hadn't caught. We've now seen the births of both of them and certain parallels in their stories. Could the island have made a mistake in choosing Ben and is now switching?

I really hope Locke isn't killed off before Lost is finished, he is my favorite character despite the fact that people think he has just turned in to the Island crazy crack pot I'll stay loyal too Locke till the end
That said I'm assuming Jin, may be killed when/and if that C4 in the Kahana explodes in the episode coming up, but Jin is one of my favorite characters also :monkey2
Desmond too is one of my favorite characters I really don't want to see him killed off

Back