HT Predator 2 BATTLE DAMAGED!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
they really messed up the blood pattern, by that time in the movie the pred had suffered all those close-range shotgun shots and the figure does not represent that.

I initially thought that too. Also, when was he bleeding from the mouth?

Anyway, I don't care I prefer it the way it is.

It should definitely be moddable - cut the netting, drill shotgun hole depressions, colour it in green. Then you would probably want to seal them up again like Predator did when is was repairing himself - where do you start and where do you stop? I think the packaged BD is just right.

a real easy way to mod the blood to the shotgun marks would simply be to simply add a little blue tack and sculpt it to a gun shot look , then paint it green.
I and alot of others have used it rather than sculpey and it works great !.
Might get a little caught in the netting though.

The last update I received was that there was some delay due to chinese new year, and shipment went by boat. But the Chinese new year was a long time ago, so not sure why still the delay. Ah well.

I just got an invoice from Viking Playground on my Pred 2 BD. I had all but given up on it. I almost bit on one of the ones at Toys2 the other day for $200 before shipping. Now I'm glad I didn't. This one will is only costing me original retail. $157 shipped. Woo Hoo!!! :chew:banana:chew:banana:joy

I just got an invoice from Viking Playground on my Pred 2 BD. I had all but given up on it. I almost bit on one of the ones at Toys2 the other day for $200 before shipping. Now I'm glad I didn't. This one will is only costing me original retail. $157 shipped. Woo Hoo!!! :chew:banana:chew:banana:joy

I got notice too and had given up on it. Caught me completely of guard, I'll need a bit more time to save up for it. Thankfully, Alexei is giving me a bit more time. :rock

Hi guys,

Just wanted to take a minute and apologize to people who pre-ordered with us and had to wait for so long on these figures. These predators finally arrived yesterday and if you did pre-order with us, you should have a note from us in your mailbox (if not, please PM or email me with your order number and email address so I can look into it).

On a positive side of things, going forward we will be getting all newly announced Hot Toys MMS figures (I think it will be Iron Man) from Sideshow so there should not be such delays anymore.

Thank You!

Alexei

Coz the only thing that holds me back from buying any of the Hot Toys figures is the fact that all the predators they have made till now, have these ridiculous huge heads and small waists. And if you look at human ones like Ripley or the USCM they all look kind of squat. Am I right or is there something wrong with my eyes? mind you I absolutely love the details on these babies, but movie accuracy is a very important element to me...same goes for the Aliens, I mean wtf is wrong with their faces or their body and limbs, they look kind of funny to me.

Coz the only thing that holds me back from buying any of the Hot Toys figures is the fact that all the predators they have made till now, have these ridiculous huge heads and small waists. And if you look at human ones like Ripley or the USCM they all look kind of squat. Am I right or is there something wrong with my eyes? mind you I absolutely love the details on these babies, but movie accuracy is a very important element to me...same goes for the Aliens, I mean wtf is wrong with their faces or their body and limbs, they look kind of funny to me.

Well, P2 did have a huge head anyway but I didn't notice anything unusual about his body.

Wolf on the other hand...

Predators do have huge heads. I used to think the AvP predators had oversized heads but now I'm not so sure - I think it was those old style dreadlocks, that stick out quite a bit in some pics, confusing my eyes. The new dreadlocks hang by themselves, no manipulation needed. As a former sceptic myself I now think the proportions are fine on the predator figures.

The aliens aren't quite so good. You may have had the Aliens warrior in mind when you said they look funny - that one was a bit innaccurate in the shape of the head (yet they got it right with the BD P2 preds Alien skull trophy) and seemed even more 'alien' in its body shape than what would have been used in the film. They may have taken a McFarlane-esque interpretation approach rather than completely mimicking the suits. The dog alien is looking to be incorrectly proportioned too, the legs being too thick.

Wolf on the other hand...

Oh yeah. Wolf was made too skinny. His legs look a bit anorexic. Still love the figure though, the face is fantastic.

Predators do have huge heads. I used to think the AvP predators had oversized heads but now I'm not so sure - I think it was those old style dreadlocks, that stick out quite a bit in some pics, confusing my eyes. The new dreadlocks hang by themselves, no manipulation needed. As a former sceptic myself I now think the proportions are fine on the predator figures.

The aliens aren't quite so good. You may have had the Aliens warrior in mind when you said they look funny - that one was a bit innaccurate in the shape of the head (yet they got it right with the BD P2 preds Alien skull trophy) and seemed even more 'alien' in its body shape than what would have been used in the film. They may have taken a McFarlane-esque interpretation approach rather than completely mimicking the suits. The dog alien is looking to be incorrectly proportioned too, the legs being too thick.

Oh yeah. Wolf was made too skinny. His legs look a bit anorexic. Still love the figure though, the face is fantastic.

I'm not sure about 'anorexic' - I think he look like a girl with his cute refined dead locks. P2 has massive flaying dread locks that looks more masculine.

Also note that the shoulders are not wide.

When do you think HT will produce the P1 Predator and the A1 Alien?

Ooooooh but you have to admit, the Scar predator's head is just badly sculpted.

I hope you guys don't think I'm trying to grumble about HT figures, I'm a newbe with this stuff and I'm still trying to understand what makes these figures so special, I mean ok they are cool, but my god $250 for one Pred figure...that's insane! with $250 I can buy myself a 1:1 Plasma Cannon replica!

I hope you guys don't think I'm trying to grumble about HT figures, I'm a newbe with this stuff and I'm still trying to understand what makes these figures so special, I mean ok they are cool, but my god $250 for one Pred figure...that's insane! with $250 I can buy myself a 1:1 Plasma Cannon replica!

Hot Toys make some nice figures, but unfortunately their Alien and Predator figures are not as accurate as they could be. Especially the alien figures. As far as 1/6 scale alien and predator figures go, they are the only game in town.

$250 is the price after figure is sold out. If you buy it when its released, price is around $100 less...

Alexei

Back