ANH Luke

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree with being critical of the paint apps if they hurt the likeness, and compared to the bar figures of Palps and Ben, where the likeness is continued from sculpt to paint, Luke and Han fall short, they look nice, but as DA Josh's Han repaint shows, the likeness of the Han figure can go even further with the correct paint, and I'm sure if someone paints this Luke's eyes over and correctly, we'll be in awe of how much it helps, I really think the big negative factor of paint is the eyes.
Yeah, the eyes and the hair are what is preventing the likeness from showing through.

For sure does NOT need a repaint IMO. Unless you totally are bugged by the hair which i am not..Looks very fine to me.

I'd like to see more poses and body shots the likeness is there to me.

1.jpg

Yeah, I would definitely not try bleaching it. 1/6 clothes can barely stand up to a dye job let alone something as harsh as bleach.

I think a bit of weathering, maybe even light washes of gray paint could help give him a better look. But for me I was able to get decent poses by futzing with the tunic and was happy with how he looked posed.

For those that have both, and are happy with both.....Is this a better likeness than Bespin Luke in hand? Cause i bought into the hype on that figure and in hand while a solid fig i thought the likeness was off.(cause these pics look better than any ep5 lukes IMO)

For those that have both, and are happy with both.....Is this a better likeness than Bespin Luke in hand? Cause i bought into the hype on that figure and in hand while a solid fig i thought the likeness was off.(cause these pics look better than any ep5 lukes IMO)

Well, I think Ep 4 Luke is the best so far -- but remember, Luke ep4 looks different from Luke ep5 in real life too (post accident).

For me it ranks like this (taking paint apps into account):

1) ROTJ Luke
2) ANH Luke
3) Bespin Luke
4) Yavin Luke

I think the paint apps on Bespin Luke were less multi-toned (if that makes any sense). Seems like the colors they used weren't as complex.

Back