Media Metal Gear Solid Discussion Thread (NO FIGURES /CUSTOMS JUST GAMES) SPOILERS

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Metal Gear Solid Discussion Thread (no figures /customs just games)

Now that was a generally unfunny situation

Which was the first insight into how bad Kojima's instincts were in moving the series forward.

I remember hearing from a friend in High School before I played it that you play as this Raiden guy, and I'm like who the **** is that?

Again it is just a trailer, but don't we get the impression that Big Boss guns down enslaved African diamond workers? At least that's the impression I got when they showed those scenes. But again that might not even be accurate.

Yeah you get that impression, but it's no different to him shooting somebody else really. Him shooting slaves does not make it a dark game.

Which was the first insight into how bad Kojima's instincts were in moving the series forward.

I remember hearing from a friend in High School before I played it that you play as this Raiden guy, and I'm like who the **** is that?

Raiden was the worst thing to happen to MGS 2.

Yeah you get that impression, but it's no different to him shooting somebody else really. Him shooting slaves does not make it a dark game.

He's reaching for shock factor.

Ryan always said MGS2 was his favorite, I don't think Solidus did.

Yeah, I've gotten to appreciate MGS 2 a lot more throughout the years, but my favorite is MGS 1.

Kojima has to play catch up with all the other developers .

:lol sure as hell seems like it. Remember he's jealous of GTAV? Neil Druckmann is in a whole other dimension than Kojima.

He's reaching for shock factor.

Then there's Quiet's stripper costume, the rape thing, and who knows what else. Ryan said it best - it's like there's no rhyme or reason anymore to the series.

Then there's Quiet's stripper costume, the rape thing, and who knows what else. Ryan said it best - it's like there's no rhyme or reason anymore to the series.

Of course there is.... $$$$$$

Guess he feels storytelling isn't enough its nonsense. He needs to move on to something else.

Isn't that the truth. Although it worked to get people talking about it. And the idiots are like "THERZ WUZ SNUPAA WULFFEE ANDZ EVEEAZZ!" Yes but they weren't basically nude, they were classy.

I just recently played through Twin Snakes and Peace Walker.... meh :lol

TTS is such a turd.

Isn't that the truth. Although it worked to get people talking about it. And the idiots are like "THERZ WUZ SNUPAA WULFFEE ANDZ EVEEAZZ!" Yes but they weren't basically nude, they were classy.

TTS is such a turd.

So was peace walker that was just a pile of ****.

So was peace walker that was just a pile of ****.

He's got an excuse with TTS since he didn't have complete control over it, PW's **** stainedness is all on Kojima.

Bad luck sure, but it doesn't impact the writing.

There is always an excuse for why Kojibro did something ****. Why can't some people just admit that?

For all the people on this side, I've seen plenty of them say Hayter was bad in PW and somewhat in 4. They highlight the inaccuracies and how he re-writes and rectons important parts from earlier in the timeline.

None of this is good storytelling. Kojima lost his was after MGS3

He just sounds different in PW I don't think he was bad, unless you didn't like it, I don't think thats reason enough to say "that is bad acting" his acting skills didn't change imho

Bad luck sure, but it doesn't impact the writing.

I think it does sometimes... those weird mech/almost metal gear things in PW were only added for gamplay but they need an explanation for it. That game is such a mess I don't even wanna think about it

Back