• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Collector Freaks and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

No new posts unless you're a Premium Member - no bumping old threads.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: No new posts unless you're a Premium Member.

So, I am a non-premium member and won't be able to 'bump' my already created thread anymore, right?

In this case, will my thread be closed for me completely or till such time I take up the Premium Membership?

If it'll be 'closed' for only me, what if I ask my friend who's a Premium Member, to bump my thread.

Your thread will disappear after 60 days.

So I just tried Panjo out. I quite like it. But it starts up a new thread every time I post an item for sale, so it makes me look like a stupid newb with all of these new, one item threads posting. Is that how its supposed to work? As long as that's the new norm, that's fine, but just wanted to make sure. New system and I'm sure there are plenty of things to work out :lol

Yep, that's the new norm. Items on Panjo are very visible - will appear on the front page in rotation and are searchable. My hope is that people will let the listing live and not feel the need to bump the thread. If Panjo created threads are getting bumped though we'll have to create a new rule, or start merging threads.

Is it okay to sell on the forums if we don't post in the sales threads? Like, say I see someone is searching for a figure I have in the wanted section. Am I allowed to private message that person and sell the item to them just through private messaging? I don't regularly sell, so it's not worth it for me to pay $25 dollars just to offload a few items on here.

Is it okay to sell on the forums if we don't post in the sales threads? Like, say I see someone is searching for a figure I have in the wanted section. Am I allowed to private message that person and sell the item to them just through private messaging? I don't regularly sell, so it's not worth it for me to pay $25 dollars just to offload a few items on here.

Been said many times - PM is ok.

Ridiculous... that's some serious money making by the forum's host which I will NOT support.

Ridiculous... that's some serious money making by the forum's host which I will NOT support.

Nobody says you have to support it!

Btw, I was a mod for a collectible web site that boasted 5 times the membership on here, maybe more. At the time we charged a heck of a lot more to sell items. And their were tier memberships. $25 is more than fair. If you don't sell enough to cover that you probably belong on eBay anyhow. With the sale.

A comparable site is statue forum, and they charge more than twice the fee of sideshow to sell.

I just found out about this and wow!.
I guess I get it but if this is the case from now on, seem people should be able to sell more then just collectibles.
I guess just pay it or don't.

I haven't take a Premium Membership yet. Can I still post in a sale thread created by a Premium member? Technically, it'll be equal to bumping his thread, so will he face the heat for my actions?

Back