Weta balrog bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What’s the consensus on pricing? I need to do some visualizing to see how big it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it's the Balrog then I don't see it sitting around long enough for a discount. Hell, I would get a second one just to make a hood ornament out of it :)

eTYn5XA.png

What scale is this? Does it say and I missed it?

It half / legendary scale?

This as big, bigger, or smaller than SS version?

Almost like Venom, I dont think I can have too many Balrogs.
My only issues is having too small. :D Like that Flame of Udun one.

What scale is this? Does it say and I missed it?

It half / legendary scale?

This as big, bigger, or smaller than SS version?

Almost like Venom, I dont think I can have too many Balrogs.
My only issues is having too small. :D Like that Flame of Udun one.

It is nowhere near half scale, but nether was the SS version. This looks noticeably smaller than the SS one though.

I am sure a lot of people thought that about the previous Balrog and look how that turned out...

how did that turn out? I really like this, but damn that's pricey for something at this size.

Fire effects look great, probably the best I've seen that light up on a collectable as it looks more than just "ok" when the lights are off.

I agree, but will it look that good on production pieces?

how did that turn out? I really like this, but damn that's pricey for something at this size.

They ended up discounting them multiple times after being in stock for a couple years. I think the final fire sale price was $250. Granted there were 1500, but more people like a full statue vs a bust so I think that is a wash.

I agree, but will it look that good on production pieces?

That's the big question. For those that order I hope it does.

They ended up discounting them multiple times after being in stock for a couple years. I think the final fire sale price was $250. Granted there were 1500, but more people like a full statue vs a bust so I think that is a wash.

That by example makes me wary of any large Weta orders now, it was such a burn when you ordered at full price. It may all even out with the Weta $'s, but still... The sculpt on the full statue was great but the production paint was lackluster.

The only line I really feel confident with are the environments.

That by example makes me wary of any large Weta orders now, it was such a burn when you ordered at full price. It may all even out with the Weta $'s, but still... The sculpt on the full statue was great but the production paint was lackluster.

The only line I really feel confident with are the environments.
Yes, it wasn't helped by the paint apps. The previous 2 in this bust line have been very well done though, so hopefully that continues with this guy.

I personally like this bust more than smaug and fell beast so i ordered through a retailer for $630 shipped

Aside from the light up on this, I like the SS bust more. I can tell the SS one is much bigger. Still, I need this to go with my Smaug and fellbeast and it will look so good on the wall.

Just discovered this... holy hell, that Balrog is awesome... and I'm not a weta/statue guy. But the moving fire effect is incredible, yet when not in use the paint looks just as good.

The price of weta stuff keeps me away, but I'm very tempted...

Weta Workshops Balrog, Flame of Udûn  (1).jpg

Last edited:
Really? I think it's fantastic looking. What don't you like about it?

Horns and proportions are totally off. I also didn't like the fire effect being just a bunch of random yellow/red lines nor how the plastic fire looked. Base should have been a darker color also.

Back