1/6 Hot Toys Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now having seen the movie I can safely say that Valerian himself just might be the lamest lead character in any sci-fi movie. Worse than AOTC Anakin and Jai Courtney's Kyle Reese. The girl was likable but not enough to salvage the film.

With regard to the HT figures they should have given Cara sculpted hair and had it up in a bun the way it was the majority of the time that she wore that outfit.

vdf-17129.jpg

Not that it matters obviously since neither figure will ever see the light of day.

Last edited:
A little over half.
well that sucks
I am not as disappointed at not getting a Laureline as I am of not getting that Delevingne headsculpt
I hope at least neca still make theirs
kinda related but I think my local toy dealer didn't even sell a Pop from this movie

well that sucks
I am not as disappointed at not getting a Laureline as I am of not getting that Delevingne headsculpt
I hope at least neca still make theirs
kinda related but I think my local toy dealer didn't even sell a Pop from this movie

Same here. I was really interested in that headsculpt. I saw the other sculpt (the soldier one), and although I do see her in it, this Hot Toys one was perfect.

No matter what I would still buy the figures if released. But I know it is not looking good.

crying.JPG

I feel like it's dropped in from a parallel universe. And it may be best if it remains unexplained. This sort of thing should happen more often in threads.

LOL

Obviously, I like to bash my sci-fi together. :D
... and I wanted to create something humorous. It's usually more funny if I let everyone use their imagination to fill in the blanks. Like the measurement comment ... really cracked me up.

That is just a Phicen body in white. Perhaps it's the lighting.

Sometimes 3-D printing is my only 1/6 scale option. If the Hot Toys figures are not made, at least I'll have these guys.

IMG_1801.JPG

There was always something super annoying about those guys in the comics (though I know that was part of the point...)

:lol that's pretty much a common commentary to most ancient cartoons i've seen.

This is based on the best sci-fi comic ever. But the film is trash. It is very beautiful but the story sucks and the characters suck and they are nothing like in the comic. Seriously, if you like intelligent (and sometimes fun) sci-fi, read the comics.
I still want the figures, but only cause I ove the comic so much. I really wanted to like the film, took my kids to see it and they kind of enjoyed it, but I was so disappointed. Tried to hide it from them as to not ruin their experience.
But these figures look good, very good. But Hot Toys wont make them after the film tanked. I will get the Neca, but they are not as good.
Someone here asked if HT had ever made something for show and not mass produced? Lone Ranger and 66 Batmobile comes to mind, with yellow jacket and Crossbones (but I don't care about the last two).

Back