Prime 1 Studio - Wonder Woman - Training Outfit

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I reached out to Prime 1 on Facebook regarding the issue that holding me back from ordering. I don't mind the museum pose, but it's noticeably narrowed from the promo image it's based on, seemingly to one side, too. She looks off-balance and lacking in battle-readiness, which is a characteristic already lacking in P1's translation of her portrait. I know the training version represents a more youthful, untested Diana, but not after she's retrieved the god-killer sword, which was her big "call-to-action" moment.
346cf0047c3d48127ca8c5733a44d8e8.jpg
I want to support this piece, as expensive as it is, in hopes its success will give us an accompanying Amazon and/or villain (it would be a waste of separate license to just do WW when this costume is her only significant variation from the BvS or JL looks.) As it stands, I'm waiting until at least WonderFest.

I somewhat agree. It would look better with a slightly wider stance like the image above.

It's not like it'll make the base any wider.

But if this piece comes close to the prototype I'll be getting this in my collection.

Man, I wish this was 1/4 scale. This is easily the best representation of Gal Gadot WW in statue form IMO.

Agreed.

1/3 just doesn't fit for me! argggg!!!! I need Iron Studios to do a 1/4 WW and nail it.

At least it's not 1/2 scale.

Although if Prime 1 does her in the iconic WW outfit, I will consider even at 1/3. i NEED a good gadot WW in my collection and no other pieces are doing it for me.

Then this is it for now, unless you want to go 1/2 scale for the iconic WW outfit.

Itll display well from just about any angle and height though.

True.

What's boring about this pose? It's ****ing museum. I love it. Ordered mine.

Yes and that's what makes it boring, she is just doing nothing but standing there. It should be more scene specific from the training or battling scenes from the movie.

The museum pose works for me for this one, especially considering the promo picture that this piece is based upon. I think it was smart of Prime 1 to do the training uniform for the 1/3 so as not to detract from the 1/2 scale piece but I wouldn't be surprised to see them release a 1/3 scale "Wonder Woman Costume" version in the near future, especially if this one sells well. My opinion is that they will sell more of this version if it comes out before the regular costumed version because collectors would be more likely to pass by this version if they already had the other version but, if they have this one, they will probably want the other costume as well.

Personally, I like that it is different but I also feel that Prime 1 is being extra confident with a worldwide total ES of 1000. With such an accurate sculpt, however, they may very well sell out in time. I also like that it seems to be a solid sculpt without visible seam lines but I was surprised to see that there was no EX at all. I ordered it anyway and painfully crossed two Sideshow PFs off my list to pay for it). ;)

Well I see there is no much excitement on this statue, and in my opinion this is by far the best Gal Gadot statue or figure to date. Far better than the P1's 1/2 WW (which looks nothing like Gal), better than any Hot Toys WW too. The only thing is the head is a bit narrow, other than that, pretty close to the real Gal. Pre-ordered yesterday!

PS: I'm not a fan of WW, or the WW movie, or B v S, but I saw this one and I couldn't pass on this, this statue is close to perfection and Gal Gadot is beautiful by the way :love

Well I see there is no much excitement on this statue, and in my opinion this is by far the best Gal Gadot statue or figure to date. Far better than the P1's 1/2 WW (which looks nothing like Gal), better than any Hot Toys WW too. The only thing is the head is a bit narrow, other than that, pretty close to the real Gal. Pre-ordered yesterday!

PS: I'm not a fan of WW, or the WW movie, or B v S, but I saw this one and I couldn't pass on this, this statue is close to perfection and Gal Gadot is beautiful by the way :love

There never seems to be alot of posts/traffic on movie related pieces (Star Wars being the exception).

I've preordered this piece on the first day it was up for preorder at my local retailer and if it comes anywhere close to the prototype I'll be a happy collector.

Imo the Wonder Woman on horseback has a comparable level of likeness to this piece, but I don't think many around here are getting that particular version.

Well I see there is no much excitement on this statue, and in my opinion this is by far the best Gal Gadot statue or figure to date.

The Horseback version has a better sculpt though.

Far better than the P1's 1/2 WW (which looks nothing like Gal), better than any Hot Toys WW too. The only thing is the head is a bit narrow, other than that, pretty close to the real Gal. Pre-ordered yesterday!

Eyes are too small as well. Really hope they improve this sculpt because the Horseback version is the best one to date.

I think many people feel the same way.

Last edited:
The Horseback version has a better sculpt though.

Eyes are too small as well. Really hope they improve this sculpt because the Horseback version is the best one to date.

I think many people feel the same way.

I kinda disagree about the Horseback version having a better scult. I see a lot of Gal on this scult unlike the Horseback version. Plus in the Horseback version the facial expression doesn't fit the overall pose. WW's face looks kinda happy or relaxed but the body and horse are in battle position, and the sculted hair doesn't look all the good I'd like. I think the 1:2 version is better (with the new facesculpt), actually pre-ordered that one too :monkey4

I kinda disagree about the Horseback version having a better scult. I see a lot of Gal on this scult unlike the Horseback version.

The eyes are better on the half scale, but the face shape is too wide. Whereas the sculpt on this training version is too narrow, go figure. The face shape on the horseback version is perfect, not too wide, not too narrow. Only thing I can fault on it are the eyes are not accurate, everything else seems bang on. Thus, I think the Horseback sculpt is a better looking sculpt overall, however, it cost too much, so I won't be getting it anyway.

Plus in the Horseback version the facial expression doesn't fit the overall pose. WW's face looks kinda happy or relaxed but the body and horse are in battle position, and the sculted hair doesn't look all the good I'd like. I think the 1:2 version is better (with the new facesculpt), actually pre-ordered that one too :monkey4

Hmm maybe but her expression is a non issue for me.

Do you guys know something if this is going to be delayed as usual with Prime1?

I'm sure it will be delayed like all of P1's stuff- when was this supposed to come out?

I'm sure it will be delayed like all of P1's stuff- when was this supposed to come out?

nov-dec this year... IMO this one has the best Gadot likeness around, but I see no enthusiasm about this statue. I wonder if guys who collect Hot Toys Wonder Woman, know about this statue. The likeness difference between the last WW and this one is just huge in favor on this one

Last edited:
nov-dec this year... IMO this one has the best Gadot likeness around, but I see no enthusiasm about this statue.

I am guessing the pose has a lot do with with it, its so boring just like Primes Joker one.

I wonder if guys who collect Hot Toys Wonder Woman, know about this statue.

I wonder that to, this statue doesn't get much attention as the other WWs.

The likeness difference between the last WW and this one is just huge in favor on this one

Yeah the face on this one is more in proportion.

Last edited:
This supposed to start shipping this January or February. Do you think Prime 1 Studios will deliver on time?

I doubt it, as I don’t believe any production photos have been teased at all.

From the two Jokers, Catwoman and Doomsday, all those pieces something was teased in the preceding months before they shipped, and I don’t believe there has been a peep with regards to this piece.

Back