1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Captain America: Civil War - Ant Man Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad I waited for this one. I'm shocked they're revealing it so soon... I figured it wouldn't be until after the movie.

I HAVEN'T EVEN RECEIVED THE FIRST ANT-MAN!!!
tumblr_nz9qjoM4Tf1uk94u3o1_250.gif

Also... that is Ben Affleck. Not even trolling. I think the sculptors were looking at BVS pics by accident.

I wonder which is cheaper, 3D scanning of Paul Rudd or handsculpt by an artist.

I remember watching a show on Discovery where they visited Weta and made an action figure out of the host and did NECA did a scan of Arnold's head for the upcoming Genesis figure?

I'm not sure. I remember they blurred the headsculpt on the original Ant-Man.

Usually when they release these photo sets, it's all final.

Not really. There's not a real pattern. Visions changed completly.

From SB

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 314
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 317
I HAVEN'T EVEN RECEIVED THE FIRST ANT-MAN!!!
tumblr_nz9qjoM4Tf1uk94u3o1_250.gif

Also... that is Ben Affleck. Not even trolling. I think the sculptors were looking at BVS pics by accident.

Do people even look at faces? They have a "general" similarity...both white men in 40s with stubble. But every defining facial feature is different. The eye set, the distance between eyes, the bridge of the nose, the cut of his jaw line, the clef vs no clef chin (the butt chin), the mouth size, the shape of the lips the slant of the check bones. But they do have dark hair. The over all profile is similar, but so is every white male in that demo. All of the major detail is different.

image.jpegimage.jpeg

The old ones a masterpiece and the new ones a completely different guy..except...

image.jpeg

Last edited:
Yike. Figure looks like a mess. The entire outfit just looks incredibly cheap and poorly done.

The entire chest area looks awful. Blocky plastic look on the entire chest and there's zero body definition throughout the entire thing. Looks baggy and as if it's going to fall apart everywhere.

They need to tighten the entire outfit up. Looks like a cosplay outfit. They did a hell of a job on the first Ant-Man figure so I hope they do the same with this because the prototype looks like a mess right now.

26134577402_3d02ae5653_o.jpg

26134592442_02b73ff901_c.jpg

25624382483_a7c9855c34_c.jpg

12747351_10153314702307344_3930282614661487175_o.jpg

Last edited:
Maybe people are realizing Rudd looks a bit like Affleck? :lol The head sculpt does looks like a scrawnier Ben. I think the suit looks pretty cool! Not as cool as the first costume, but I wasn't planning on picking either version up. Wonder if they'll be doing Giant Man at some point. I think if they think there's money in it, they'll do it. Also, the last hero on Team Cap that hasn't been revealed is Scarlet Witch. Hopefully we'll see her next.

Yeah the suit actually looks good in the trailer, I don't know what happen :confused: He really does need those red stripes on his head too

25624382483_a7c9855c34_c.jpg

Really nice looking Ben Affleck sculpt there

I can't blame, Paul Rudd does looks like Ben Affleck if fatter

paul-rudd-7.jpg

ben_affleck_rect-620x412.jpg

Paul Rudd looks like Ben Affleck, and Ben Affleck looks like Paul Rudd. The problem is: Paul Rudd looks "sad". He needs a little smile on his face.

I'm still waiting for my first one but I do prefer the look of the original. The new one looks too clean and has lost its individuality.

Back