S.H. Figuarts - Other Figures Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No problem. I'm glad to help. I just got into the line myself, so it's helpful to have a list to help me keep track. I think Gundam Wing EW is the hardest to find. So far for me anyway.

No problem. I'm glad to help. I just got into the line myself, so it's helpful to have a list to help me keep track. I think Gundam Wing EW is the hardest to find. So far for me anyway.

The wing zero custom is there any difference besides the pearl coating and Ew versions they all look the same.

The EW versions are the same as the EW MG model kits basically. The differences are mainly in color scheme and wings. As far the Wing Zero EW the only different between the two is the pearl coating.

Yeah, I hate Web Exclusives. They are a PITA b/c they increase in price super quick. I asked Bluefin on facebook if they were considering making it an exclusive for their new webstore and they replied, "It's not a u.s. event limited release". It was nice that they replied, but depressing. I can't believe Shenlong wasn't worth importing. Same with Tallgeese II. They sold Tallgeese III and I here, but not II. It makes me wonder if they are barred from importing certain web exclusives, but that wouldn't make much sense.

What bothers me with collecting Tamashii figures is that it's a gamble. Will the line end suddenly? Will Bluefin stop importing figures (aka Digimon it seems)? What figures will be Japanese Web exclusives but not imported? etc. It's frustrating, but the figures are just so incredible it's worth the effort almost every time.

Well my Aries custom arrived today :)

Damaged all thanks to Customs but they didnt make me pay anything

DSC_8005_zpscce734f4.jpg

DSC_8006_zps77918e11.jpg

DSC_8007_zpsfe0f6af5.jpg

Wow. They just tore open the box with consideration at all. I'm sure adult anime collectibles really come packed with contraband often. Really. SMH.

Noin's Aries looks great, mines on the way with the Heavyarms & Sandrock parts set.

Okay, so I doubled checked and did some reading.

RD Shenlong is the TV version, not Kai, so that's pretty cool. I had refresh my memory since it's been awhile since I watched the series.

The option parts set for Heavyarms & Sandrock are parts to convert them from Kai to TV accurate. It's pretty subtle overall but it's worth getting imo.

Okay, so I doubled checked and did some reading.

RD Shenlong is the TV version, not Kai, so that's pretty cool. I had refresh my memory since it's been awhile since I watched the series.

The option parts set for Heavyarms & Sandrock are parts to convert them from Kai to TV accurate. It's pretty subtle overall but it's worth getting imo.

Whats this Kai did they redo the series? or is it an upgrade to the Gundam

Last edited:
Whats this Kai did they redo the series? or is it an upgrade to the Gundam

Kai refers to Katoki's redesigns, it's also called "Custom". I believe it came about because of recent manga which retells the Wing story. He redid the original TV Gundam's designs to match the EW movie designs. All of the recent Master Grade kits have been ver. Katoki/Kai designs. You can check those out for reference.

Last edited:
Nope. I've tried them all. You're just going to have to keep hunting, or hope that BBTS gets an open PO spot. I'd say watch ebay and some of the other sites that get things second hand.

So, are any of you guys into Yoroiden Samurai Troopers? I've always wanted to collect the Armor Plus figures but they are $$$. I preorder the Invocation version of Ryo that is coming out next month though. I figure if you're only going to have one he's the one to have. Seiji is my favorite but it looks like he's become the most elusive release.

Nope. I've tried them all. You're just going to have to keep hunting, or hope that BBTS gets an open PO spot. I'd say watch ebay and some of the other sites that get things second hand.

So, are any of you guys into Yoroiden Samurai Troopers? I've always wanted to collect the Armor Plus figures but they are $$$. I preorder the Invocation version of Ryo that is coming out next month though. I figure if you're only going to have one he's the one to have. Seiji is my favorite but it looks like he's become the most elusive release.

You mean ronin warriors over here they are coming out with figures of them.

You mean ronin warriors over here they are coming out with figures of them.

Yeah Ronin Warriors here. They've been making them for awhile now. The first version of Ryo, with the wildfire armor was made and actually imported here. I don't think it did that well since that was first and last time they were sold here. When the line gained a bit more steam Bandai did a "renewal" version of Ryo's wildfire armor so that it matched the other new figures. Just google Yoroiden Samurai Troopers Armor Plus. Be prepared for sticker shock though, they're all about double (or in Seiji's case almost triple) original retail value.

Yeah Ronin Warriors here. They've been making them for awhile now. The first version of Ryo, with the wildfire armor was made and actually imported here. I don't think it did that well since that was first and last time they were sold here. When the line gained a bit more steam Bandai did a "renewal" version of Ryo's wildfire armor so that it matched the other new figures. Just google Yoroiden Samurai Troopers Armor Plus. Be prepared for sticker shock though, they're all about double (or in Seiji's case almost triple) original retail value.

Just did the prices are insane.
Crazy everything i loved when i was a kid stuff is getting released to bad its so expensive.

Yeah it really is. If I had been in a position to collect them when they started making them I would have bought them all. The problem is getting figures like Seiji for a reasonable price. He's becoming like Omegamon, before too long I bet he'll be $350+. O.O

I might sell a bunch of MOTUC so I can buy some Armor Plus figures though. I love Ronin Warriors and would love to get the full team.

Tamashii Nations posted this on twitter:

‏TamashiiNations
if you're interested in Big Bad Beetleborgs you should speak up #beetleborgs

So go to Twitter and let them know you want them! YES! :D

Okay. Triple post, but hopefully people will see this one.. lol.

I got my D-Arts Metabee today, pretty sweet. I've got a new camera and don't have the settings worked out and was just taking test shows (with piss poor lightning). They'll do though.

DSC00005_zps1bb87d37.jpg

My Robot Damashii/Spirits collection so far (barring what's in the mail/pre-ordered):

DSC00002_zps92f85f52.jpg

I have to say. Out of all of the Gundam figures I've bought so far, the two Seed figures are the best overall. I'm guessing the Perfect Strike, which is pretty new, is a bit better fit/finish than the first version, but I know the mold/colors are the same.

The Tallgeese is the low point for me so far. It's a great figure, and one of my all-time favorite MS, but I think the head could have been a bit better executed. I'm guessing Bandai was aiming for something very animated looking, and in that regard it's very clean and successful. I just think a bit more detail, mainly in the face guard, would have been nice. It's a minor complaint though, and really, in a line full of exceptional figures, it's still exceptional. lol. I'd jump on an EW version if they did one. Especially with the extra weapons from the Manga.

Back