HT DX05 - Indiana Jones - in-hand images

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WOW Cavlcade, thanks for posting that shot. That looks TREMENDOUS. So relaxed and natural. I was really trying to figure out how to pose my 'non-scene' specific ULTIMATE 1/6 Indy (using the Kato shirt, pants and jacket, and the MFisher belt and holster) in some way with the idol pedestal. Now I think I'm going to have to steal this idea because it's just THAT good! Bravo man, bravo. You've inspired me! :clap

The one thing I'm thinking I might try with mine to differ from yours slightly is to have the whip wrapped around his left shoulder and have him holding it instead of resting the hand on the pedestal. Similar to the first Amsel poster. I'm gonna give it a try that at least...see how it looks. :wink1:

If you are using the muscle body, you might find it difficult to get the hand close enough to the shoulder to convincingly hold the whip because of the restrictions with the articulation. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

I think that pose makes him look like a butt pirate at the Blue Oyster Bar.
He's like, "Hey there Mister! This is my Idol."
Who is that anyway?? Some ****** in an Indy outfit?
Looks like the picture on one of those Halloween Indiana Jones costumes at Spencers. I understand the outfit is nice, but I fail to grasp how the outfit makes this guy worth dropping $220 if you already have the SS version. And now another sculpt (WGA) is coming out to complete this guy at $370?
I'm pissed because Raiders is my favorite Jones flick and I wanted this guy to kick ass from the rooftops. I know it is what it is for now,...but there is no way in hell they are not going to make another version. Like many have stated,..I buy some of this because of that "wax museum" quality, and this guy is some weirdo pervert in an Indy get up.

I think that pose makes him look like a butt pirate at the Blue Oyster Bar.
He's like, "Hey there Mister! This is my Idol."
Who is that anyway?? Some ****** in an Indy outfit?
Looks like the picture on one of those Halloween Indiana Jones costumes at Spencers. I understand the outfit is nice, but I fail to grasp how the outfit makes this guy worth dropping $220 if you already have the SS version. And now another sculpt (WGA) is coming out to complete this guy at $370?
I'm pissed because Raiders is my favorite Jones flick and I wanted this guy to kick ass from the rooftops. I know it is what it is for now,...but there is no way in hell they are not going to make another version. Like many have stated,..I buy some of this because of that "wax museum" quality, and this guy is some weirdo pervert in an Indy get up.

But what do you REALLY think?

Wow.

The message you have entered is too short.

:cuckoo:
Yeah, that was over the top.
I railed against the HT sculpt as much as anyone especially after all the reference and info I sent them. But you've made the best of the figure that's possible with your additions and poses.

Wow.

The message you have entered is too short.

:cuckoo:
Yeah, that was over the top.
I railed against the HT sculpt as much as anyone especially after all the reference and info I sent them. But you've made the best of the figure that's possible with your additions and poses.

Whoa yeah. I'm not the HT Indy's biggest fan either, but Cavlcade has certainly done wonders with it. Great pose too.

you people slay me. HT indy looks like ford. END. OF. DISCUSSION.

i think im just staying out of this thread from this point on. its become way too hostile. this figure is beautiful and one of HT best. the indy ive been waiting for for YEARS. the hateing is simply unjustified, and i cant bare seeing such a gorgeus figure get torn apart by rabid nerds who seem to have no appreciation for a amazing figure.

Incredible, your making me want to order this one but I keep telling my brain thats just not what comes in the box. If they had done those paint and leather mods to begin with this would have been a home run.
The head on mine looked like it does on the vast majority of shots in this thread. Which is to say, it doesn't look like it does in Cavlcade's pic. I don't know if he just got a great, exceptional sculpt, made some mods, or took a great pic in great lighting at just the right angle. But no, that's not what I get out of the box. And it's more than the futzing, it's the fundamental issue with likeness that is the biggest issue from my POV. I really only bought this figure because I committed to picking up WGP's sculpt as a replacement, and bought it for the outfit/accessories.

i think im just staying out of this thread from this point on. its become way too hostile. this figure is beautiful and one of HT best. the indy ive been waiting for for YEARS. the hateing is simply unjustified, and i cant bare seeing such a gorgeus figure get torn apart by rabid nerds who seem to have no appreciation for a amazing figure.

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl
It's justified.
I really don't like this figure, but that's just me, and some people like it which is great. But I don't think anyone has been as happy with it as you are. Post a side by side pic of Ford and this figure. The flaws would then be justified.

The head on mine looked like it does on the vast majority of shots in this thread. Which is to say, it doesn't look like it does in Cavlcade's pic. I don't know if he just got a great, exceptional sculpt, made some mods, or took a great pic in great lighting at just the right angle. But no, that's not what I get out of the box. And it's more than the futzing, it's the fundamental issue with likeness that is the biggest issue from my POV. I really only bought this figure because I committed to picking up WGP's sculpt as a replacement, and bought it for the outfit/accessories.

I haven't modded the form of the sculpt in any way, apart from superficially darkening the beard and removing the dark paint on the lower lids. I know Rorywan has heated the sculpt and squished it a bit to improve the likeness. But I haven't attempted anything like that.

I have had 3 HT sculpts now and they all look the same side by side. To be honest the headsculpt in my pics looks better in photos than in hand, on the shelf it looks like all the other photos in ths thread and from certain angles I too have problems with it, so I understand where the naysayers are coming from.
However I have found that it photographs really well and can look a lot like Ford. Without, I hasten to add, any kind of photoshop post work.

Does that Cage head come with swappable toupees?
Nope. Just the way HT decided to assemble this head.
And does Indy wear a watch? I never noticed.
I think he should! -____- He's an archaeologist, he need to know the time! But not spotted in the movies thou...
Also, keep in mind that that body has Narrow Shoulder hands instead original muscular.

I think you should marry that "beautiful" and "gorgeous" figure with as passionate as you are about it...

Or maybe just lay off the sauce so as not to see this figure with beer goggles.

M.

Okay fellas, Where is the cheapest and most reliable place to buy this guy? Other than Ebay. Any help is much appreciated.

I think you should marry that "beautiful" and "gorgeous" figure with as passionate as you are about it...

Or maybe just lay off the sauce so as not to see this figure with beer goggles.

M.

EXACTLY.

I think someone is trying reeeeeeally hard to convince himself he likes it. Or to get others to like it so spending the 250 stings a little less, otherwise why try so hard to convince otherwise?

I remember I got the Big chap alien and as a non alien aficionado I thought it looked pretty great. But there were many who called it "falien" .

I just assumed they were right, after all I never studied the figure that closely against pictures from the movie which were all blurry in shadows and from the waist up anyway :huh

but i figured there must be something wrong to warrant all the backlash. But I liked it anyway, posted a few pics, got no love... whatever I got board of the thread, but I still like my Alien a lot. I wish I had him with me most of the time, he's been shipped back to Canada with the bulk of my collection. Anyway...

You can lock it after this.

I did some comparison shots of the two idol pedestals in case anyone was interested.

IMG_6733.JPG

IMG_6734.JPG

IMG_6736.JPG

IMG_6740.JPG

IMG_6751.JPG

IMG_6747.JPG

I personally think the Sideshow one is better. I think the sculpt is overall better, it's got deeper impressions and detailing, the colors are better, and the proportions are better. I also love the base for the SS pedestal.

But if I didn't have the Sideshow pedestal, I would be happy enough with the HT one. It's an adequate alternative.

No locky. Raymond crazy. He loves HT Indy, he does. :)

Nice comp, Mad Lu. Always curious how those two stacked up but I was too lazy to dig out my SS pedestal. They're actually closer in some ways than I thought. Seems like the HT idol is a better, more movie-accurate gold though.

Back