Media Resident Evil 2 (1/25/2019)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm on my 3rd play through now.
This might be my favorite Resident Evil game ever.

There's many things they fixed in this game that just made it so much fun and fixed nitpicks I've had with previous games.
One of the things is, I changed the setting so I just press circle once to. That's it, no need to hold it while running. Simple but just makes the control fun.
And when you stop running, he goes back to walk default.
so much better.

The other is when you play the Leon's 2nd playthrough and use the gun that uses .45 bullets, he no longer walks while contantly have the ready to use the gun mode.
He walks with the gun down. To me, even though you're cautious, If this is real, you wont really walk and constantly have that pose. It makes it look too video gamey.
When he walks with the gun to his side and holding the flashlight, it just makes it more realistic.

I haven´t played it through once. Really struggling with the difficulty in "normal".

There's no shame in playing on casual. lol
I used to never play it on easy years ago, but life happens, and I dont really get to play video games much like I used to.
So now I play it strictly for fun, and to see the storyline. So if there's an easy mode, Its now my default. :lol

Playing casual mode on this game is one step away from just watching a play through on youtube. The game literally aims the gun at the head of the nearest enemy simply by pushing the aim button. Theres surplus if health and ammo. The whole game is built on atmosphere and suspense. Without there being threat of death, danger and absence of ammo and health theres no point in buying the game. Theres plenty of games i have interest in but never buy because i can watch on youtube ( Quantic dream games ). So id say if you dont want to have to use your brain while playing this game just watch on youtube.

Playing casual mode on this game is one step away from just watching a play through on youtube. The game literally aims the gun at the head of the nearest enemy simply by pushing the aim button. Theres surplus if health and ammo. The whole game is built on atmosphere and suspense. Without there being threat of death, danger and absence of ammo and health theres no point in buying the game. Theres plenty of games i have interest in but never buy because i can watch on youtube ( Quantic dream games ). So id say if you dont want to have to use your brain while playing this game just watch on youtube.

I do use my brain...and my boss thanks me many times for it.
When you work a lot of overtime, coming home around 11 pm almost everyday, sometimes even later...from solving and fixing things doing programming...the last thing I need is to use when I come home is my brain. Its already fried.
I play videogames now to unwind and relax. That's why I even enjoy telltale, and telltale-type of games. They're not hard but has great storytelling.

I love this game, and playing on easy and watching on youtube is two different things. I want to play the game. I also dont want to get frustrated anymore playing and wanting to throw the controller.

Play how you like bud. That's why the choice is there.

When you work a lot of overtime, coming home around 11 pm almost everyday, sometimes even later...from solving and fixing things doing programming...the last thing I need is to use when I come home is my brain. Its already fried.
I play videogames now to unwind and relax. That's why I even enjoy telltale, and telltale-type of games. They're not hard but has great storytelling.

I love this game, and playing on easy and watching on youtube is two different things. I want to play the game. I also dont want to get frustrated anymore playing and wanting to throw the controller.

Play how you like bud. That's why the choice is there.

Dude, don't listen to that judgement, Play it how you want to play it.

There is an easy mode for a reason.

There's no shame in playing on casual. lol
I used to never play it on easy years ago, but life happens, and I dont really get to play video games much like I used to.
So now I play it strictly for fun, and to see the storyline. So if there's an easy mode, Its now my default. :lol

I was always proud of being able to just play on normal and I had zero problems with God Of War, so I guess the new RE IS harder than the others. For now...I refuse to do it, but I keep the option open. :lol

While I share the sentiment, that the survival element would be toned down and probably take away the element of fear and you´re being safer, I gotta say you "should" tone down how you voice your opinion. Cause you´re really comin' brash, like: "Then what the **** are you playing it for. If you play so much and on hard and what not: Nice that you got the time on your hands. We don´t and maybe also focuses shift...

Play how you like bud. That's why the choice is there.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you just wanna enjoy, right and RE2 stresses me out^^

Dude, don't listen to that judgement, Play it how you want to play it.

There is an easy mode for a reason.

Yup.

Oh yeah. I was already expecting a newb type of comment when I mentioned playing on easy. lol
I play how I want to.

:lol

agreed. Normal mode caught me off guard with the challenging aspect of 'use the bullet/save the bullet'

And you CAN´T save. Headshots and pretty much impossible and even legs take 4-5 bullets and don´t get me started on Lickers. -.-

Finished my playthrough in both scenarios.

It was a fun game.

I just didn't like how both characters had to do the same puzzles. Obviously they were traveling through the same areas, so who killed Plant 43? Why are both characters having to unlock the doors with the same keys? Did Mr. X take the plugs out of the U-door and scatter them across the facility after Claire gathered them the first time? Why isn't one set of doors already unlocked in the B scenario? That sort of thing.

Finished my playthrough in both scenarios.

It was a fun game.

I just didn't like how both characters had to do the same puzzles. Obviously they were traveling through the same areas, so who killed Plant 43? Why are both characters having to unlock the doors with the same keys? Did Mr. X take the plugs out of the U-door and scatter them across the facility after Claire gathered them the first time? Why isn't one set of doors already unlocked in the B scenario? That sort of thing.

None of the 4 scenarios complement either of any, and that's the biggest flaw in this game. It's evident that scenario B wasn't on the table and was rushed somewhere late in development.

None of the 4 scenarios complement either of any, and that's the biggest flaw in this game. It's evident that scenario B wasn't on the table and was rushed somewhere late in development.

That scenario system seems like such a fundamental part of the game, it's crazy that it would've been a last-minute thing.

Though I seem to recall it the game having a troubled development. At one point, wasn't it rumored that it was going to be released in episodic installments?

That scenario system seems like such a fundamental part of the game, it's crazy that it would've been a last-minute thing.

Though I seem to recall it the game having a troubled development. At one point, wasn't it rumored that it was going to be released in episodic installments?

Yup correct, Capcom wasn't sure on what to do with it for awhile.

In a recent interview, the director said that the other scenarios takes place in an "alternate reality" so therefore only one of the four scenarios is canon, rendering the complementing scenario useless because it never really took place due to all the glaring plot contradictions (Anette dying twice, multiple Mr X's, fighting Birkin at the same place multiple times, etc).

I just wished the "to be continued" title screen at the end of scenario A was removed entirely, that would fix most of the game's problems.

finished the game on both character...the game was okay. I enjoyed Resident Evil 7: Biohazard more tho.

The sad thing is how with just some minor edits - all of that could have been easily fixed. Like, rather than fight Birkin in the same spots just have a forced showdown with MR X or something after those areas have been wrecked by the scenario A fight. Edit out the contradictory scenes (that is if it was too late to record new dialog bits and they didn't have the time to animate new stuff) I'd rather Scenario B have LESS cinematics than have ones that contradict A.

Setting aside the storyline issues, the other problem with the scenarios is that they're way too similar to each other. I'm not talking about just Leon vs. Claire.
If you've played Leon A, there's almost no reason to play Leon B - there's very little difference between the two scenarios. Same for Claire A and Claire B.

That’s how the game was designed 20 years ago .... they aren’t meant to deviate from that..

The sad thing is how with just some minor edits - all of that could have been easily fixed. Like, rather than fight Birkin in the same spots just have a forced showdown with MR X or something after those areas have been wrecked by the scenario A fight. Edit out the contradictory scenes (that is if it was too late to record new dialog bits and they didn't have the time to animate new stuff) I'd rather Scenario B have LESS cinematics than have ones that contradict A.

Yup, just consolidate everything into one scenario rather than forcing you to play one good scenario and one half assed one to get the "full story".

That’s how the game was designed 20 years ago .... they aren’t meant to deviate from that..

True, but they went such great lengths to redesign everything from the story, layouts, pacing and puzzles you'd think they'd spend more time to at least give players 2 unique scenarios.

Don't get me wrong, I love the game but I'd honestly take 1 fully fleshed out scenario over 4 incoherent ones and we didn't even got that.

Back