SSC - Marvel - 1:6 scale Wolverine figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you get one with no issues it's a really cool figure, but not worth $285. Higher than Hot Toys prices make me laugh... I'd say $200 shipped would be the ideal price point.

On the other hand if you want this, you might wanna buy sooner rather than later, while SSC still has replacement parts.

I think SSC did such an incredible job with this release that it's actually worth owning double of him just to have a different look.

SSC has delivered enough options with the arms, sword and unmasked head to pose him with different looks.

But SSC definately needs work with their customer service department though, they ultimately get the job done but only after the customer has already experienced frustrations with them.

Why publish a customer service phone number if you're not going to answer the phone! That along with that horrendous chat experience were the worst part.

I really think they practice delay tactics hoping customers will just accept defects and move on.

SSC has their elite customers who are probably spending well over $25,000 a year with them, if I was one of them I would be expecting a very high level of customer service.

That being said, Daniel was a super nice guy and ultimately came thru for me.

Because Daniel was nice, because they came thru at the end and more importantly because they created such an awesome figure I feel it's my duty now to sell him for SSC by sharing photos, videos and my truthful thoughts on him and also with my full experience with their company even if isn't 100% gushing and flattering.

Last edited:
Received the replacement parts today and noticed that not all the parts that I requested were there and the replacement masked head is worse than the one I received on the initial order. This was my most anticipated figure of the year and its the worse QA figure that I have ever bought. I don't think I will ever buy anymore of the SS Marvel line figures.

IMG_2419.JPG
IMG_2451.JPG

Last edited:
Glad to hear it, congrats:hi5:

Are you considering doing a review now that you got your replacement? I've got a B-Day coming soon, thinking about asking the wife to get me this[emoji38]
If you get him you are going to get me to want him [emoji38]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

I'm psyched, this guy is on his way to me, in an incredible turn around time. I paid him off yesterday and he is set to deliver tomorrow.

Has anyone airbrushed extra hair on the arms? I saw a few complaints from reviewers about a lack of hair and wondered if anyone has any pictures of a modified figure.

So I messaged Sideshow about receiving another neck peg since I found the fit on mine too tight and was unable to swap out the heads. All I really wanted was the peg but they sent me a whole second body along with it, minus the arms. Hopefully someone starts parting this guy out soon.

Finally got a chance to open this guy up. The good news? He came perfect, no weird defects, no weird paint (or at least at passing glances). I even stood him up to make sure he didn't have to right feet. Overall thoughts? I really like him, the paint finish is nice, I like the costuming and the overall feel and look are impressive. The body feels a little too thin and the character feels a bit too tall but those are nitpicks. The packaging was minimal but nicely done and even though i knew it was coming with three pairs of interchangeable arms, it was a bit of a shock to actually see them there. Unfortunately for me, I didn't bother using them. I actually just went to the ones with the joint so I could play with poses, although I ended up using the straight arm to go better with the final pose I chose. I didn't like the claws. They feel fragile and I don't like that they're attached to a set of hands, I would have preferred magnets that could have been taken off and played with. I paid full price (on FP) and feel like he was worth it and I'm hoping we get both a "Tiger Stripe" version and a few more X-Men to go with him.

IMG_1850.jpg

IMG_1854.jpg

IMG_1880.jpg

IMG_1882.jpg

Glad to hear that you got a good one. :duff

Yeah there are no safeguards with these claws you drop the hand or they fall out of the peg hole or you squeeze the blades while putting them on and they're finished.

Blades should've been seperate they could've hidden the line as a glove detail.

You really have to concentrate when swapping hands to not accidently squeeze his blades.

Plus I would've loved to use his blades on the same hand holding the sword. :lol

What...just another posing option. :lol

Finally got a chance to open this guy up. The good news? He came perfect, no weird defects, no weird paint (or at least at passing glances). I even stood him up to make sure he didn't have to right feet. Overall thoughts? I really like him, the paint finish is nice, I like the costuming and the overall feel and look are impressive. The body feels a little too thin and the character feels a bit too tall but those are nitpicks. The packaging was minimal but nicely done and even though i knew it was coming with three pairs of interchangeable arms, it was a bit of a shock to actually see them there. Unfortunately for me, I didn't bother using them. I actually just went to the ones with the joint so I could play with poses, although I ended up using the straight arm to go better with the final pose I chose. I didn't like the claws. They feel fragile and I don't like that they're attached to a set of hands, I would have preferred magnets that could have been taken off and played with. I paid full price (on FP) and feel like he was worth it and I'm hoping we get both a "Tiger Stripe" version and a few more X-Men to go with him.

View attachment 323049

View attachment 323050

View attachment 323051

View attachment 323052

Looking at him next to Batman, Logan looks way to tall to be called the comic version of Wolverine. The tip of his head should only come up to Batman's chest. Unless they were making a movie/comic version then it looks pretty good.

Back