Statue Weta Workshop's The Balrog Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Weta Balrog

It is too bad the sword it not in the right hand, would have looked great paired with the JV artwork. Not sure about the pose either. Will need to see more pics

It does basically match JV artwork and what you said is what I mentioned to someone while at the booth. The pose works I think as a whole.

Re: Weta Balrog

I would prefer this to not have the sword. It's hard enough to sculpt flames properly, just seems like overkill with the sword. I always wanted this character, just don't think I can get past all the flames.

This is an amazing statue! A larger version of a full Balrog statue was sadly missing. And if you check the onering.net video at the 1:28 point where we get an 180 view of the statue, it really looks awesome. Can't wait for this!

I think we need to see some more angles on this. One thing I did find surprising was how upright it was. I guess I stopped thinking of balrogs as so bipedal.

The sculpt of the Balrog looks great, but like others I'm not a fan of sculpted fire. I know the flames are needed on the 'rog himself, and actually look really good, but I would have preferred no weapons. I don't care for the sword at all, shouldn't the flames on it be going upward more? :dunno

I know I'm probably one of the few collectors that's honestly happy with the SSW mini-rog.:lol IMO bigger isn't always better when it comes to statues.

The sculpt of the Balrog looks great, but like others I'm not a fan of sculpted fire. I know the flames are needed on the 'rog himself, and actually look really good, but I would have preferred no weapons. I don't care for the sword at all, shouldn't the flames on it be going upward more? :dunno

I know I'm probably one of the few collectors that's honestly happy with the SSW mini-rog.:lol IMO bigger isn't always better when it comes to statues.

I guess he is swinging the sword so the flames are going in that direction? Also don't forget the nice Gandalf vs Balrog dio, the Balrog in that one was actually bigger than the standalone mini-rog. I can't drop the coin for the daddy-rog so that one is a nice compromise.

I don't know why they don't cast the flames in a clear resin like material like on the SS Balrog bust. That looks way better.

This is an amazing statue! A larger version of a full Balrog statue was sadly missing. And if you check the onering.net video at the 1:28 point where we get an 180 view of the statue, it really looks awesome. Can't wait for this!

Can you post the link please?Thanks.

I don't know why they don't cast the flames in a clear resin like material like on the SS Balrog bust. That looks way better.

If they painted it right, it would look better than the plastic. It does not look painted even as well as the mini-rog on this one, at least from the pics so far.

I guess he is swinging the sword so the flames are going in that direction? Also don't forget the nice Gandalf vs Balrog dio, the Balrog in that one was actually bigger than the standalone mini-rog. I can't drop the coin for the daddy-rog so that one is a nice compromise.

I have a feeling this guy's gonna be a whole lot of coins.:horror:thud::lol

If they painted it right, it would look better than the plastic. It does not look painted even as well as the mini-rog on this one, at least from the pics so far.

The detailing on the flames is every bit as good as either SSW Rog, IMO.

I think the sword looks weird as well as the flames. The 'Rog itself looks badass

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

Just based off initial pics, I'm not feeling this one. As it stands, I think the original is still the piece to own. But as with everything else, I reserve the right to change my opinion. :lol

Back