Ikea Granas Coffee Table become awesome Display Case

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Even better if this was a bit wider ...would have been perfect. :gah:

vittsjo-tv-benk__0135352_PE292043_S4.JPG

...maybe it could work if you displayed the Tumbler with a slight slant. :dunno

:)

Where is this found? I'll need one for the 89 Batmobile.

Just an update. I managed to drill small holes at the edges for the dioder strips over the weekend. Just got the Batpod today! :yess:

dsc00088kf.jpg

dsc00084xv.jpg

I have a quick question.

Can someone explain how the shelf is detached from the legs and re-attached in the lower position?

Need some specific details.

Thanks.

Awesome pictures Bicoid18 :yess: ...congrats. :hi5:

Thanks! Really appreciate it! :hi5:

djdirty75 said:
I have a quick question.

Can someone explain how the shelf is detached from the legs and re-attached in the lower position?

Need some specific details.

Thanks.

Just to add to what CTO15 said, check out Ironed's posts starting on page 15. He has detailed pictures which really helped out a lot for me.

I'm picking up my table on Saturday! I'm very excited to start this project. I'm going to put the hall of armor with the new tony stark in it.

Managed to get a hold of a second hand dining table yesterday for only $90.

The glass is quite badly scratched and I've been quoted $270 for a replacement piece.

I'll also be shortening the legs.

Has anyone converted a dining table, and if so, can you help me out with some measurements?

Size and thickness of perspex?

Height inside of the display case (I'll be putting the BatPod and Tumbler as well as one or two Hot Toys figures inside so I'll need to allow some room).

Size of the wood that covers the inside shelf?

What type of spray paint should I use? I'm wanting to respray the metal frame black with a matte finish...

Any other info would be appreciated....

Thanks.

Managed to get a hold of a second hand dining table yesterday for only $90.

The glass is quite badly scratched and I've been quoted $270 for a replacement piece.

I'll also be shortening the legs.

Has anyone converted a dining table, and if so, can you help me out with some measurements?

Size and thickness of perspex?

Height inside of the display case (I'll be putting the BatPod and Tumbler as well as one or two Hot Toys figures inside so I'll need to allow some room).

Size of the wood that covers the inside shelf?

What type of spray paint should I use? I'm wanting to respray the metal frame black with a matte finish...

Any other info would be appreciated....

Thanks.

Congrats djdirty75 ...nice find. :yess:

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91065&page=15

:wink1:

You bought the dining table?Not the coffee table?that thing is huge (not what you guys think :p )

I bought 2mm thick acryl for the sides of my table but i would recommend it thicker so its not bending.
I used a normal glossy black spraycan for the frame but make sure you sand the frame and clean it very well.
And best thing is to measure the needed size of wood and so on your own to make it accurate.

Yep...the dining table is a bit of a monster but I want to fit everything in with room to move.

It's the very last display unit for my theatre room which already contains 4 Detolf's and a big Besta unit.

Yep...the dining table is a bit of a monster but I want to fit everything in with room to move.

It's the very last display unit for my theatre room which already contains 4 Detolf's and a big Besta unit.

The dinner table!!.. :horror :wink1:

What is the measure on that table? ...have any picture? ...I don't think I've seen it. :)

Nice. :hi5:

Back