DX09 KEATON BATMAN: residue in abdominal area, has yours shown signs of it?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think some are waiting because they got burned by the DX02 Batman leaking issue and don't want to go through the same thing again. I can't say I blame them, even though I kept my pre-order.

They're waiting until there's proof that this issue isn't going to be widespread and destructive to the rubber suit like the DX02. It could take many months before we really know if this is going to be really bad and people are going to have as many issues as they did with the DX02.

:lol It didn't start in that thread. :wave :lol

129205055686586329.jpg

I just got mine and opened immediately to inspect it. Mine is dry, but the abdominal area is very asymmetrical. Is that normal? Will post the picture after school.

I've had mine since early February.

I've had one since early February. I have another on the way from SS. My figure Is still dry as a bone. I wouldn't say this is anything like the DX02 at least not yet. Problems aren't widespread and this is a very different type of rubber compared to the DX02. I don't doubt Rory's case, but he's the only one that has been on here consistently and kept us updated. Looking around other forums no one has reported anything.

I have 3 from Feb, and two from almost two weeks ago.

One with a tape issue.(fist one I opened from first shipment) Took off all tape and cleaned all five. No issue with tape anymore, and no oil.

I've had mine for @ 3 weeks. I just checked it again last night and still no issues.

UPDATE:
I just checked, My '89 Bats still has no oil issues...and it has zero posts in this thread.

However, it does have 115 posts in the Iron Man pink panties thread.

I own 2 and i'm worried about losing money on them if they self destruct.

My 3 year old said it best: "Oh daddy, what to do...what to doooo!"

:panic:

I received mine today and so far he is perfect. Obviously I can't see into the future but for now all is good.

I have one and would not be surprised at all if it leaked or turned into goo. With the BB/Bruce Wayne figure fiasco ...I'm not too confident about Hot Toys products

no signs of anything on my 89 bats.... I hope its not the same issue people had to deal with on DX02...that would suck

I have the DCU DX02 Batman with the plastic abs, and that didn't start leaking until a year in. It still leaks a tiny bit from time to time. Just got DX09 and it's completely clean. I will check regularly, but for now, no problems.

:wave

Still dry.

At this point, I'm willing to consider that the mystery goop might have been related to the magnet glue/tape situation OR to the glue used to attach the belt buckle itself. A buckle, by the way, that I just managed to snap off due to the constant opening/closing of said belt looking for the reappearance of the phantom oil. HT's glue really does blow.

I'm sure I'll be (apparently, very gingerly) checking behind his belt from time to time but I'm pretty much done worrying about it. Whatever it was that was going on with my figure, it's looking more and more like a one-time occurrence.

I appreciate this thread and the heads up from the folks that had problems with oil appearing on their figure.

Received mine today and no oil (so far).

I just got mine and opened immediately to inspect it. Mine is dry, but the abdominal area is very asymmetrical. Is that normal? Will post the picture after school.

My batman is in, no tape residue or oil to report at this time.

14 recent reports, mostly new, of no problems.

That's nice. :lol

I know you want to get this when you feel there's an "all clear". I hope it works out for all of us, cause this is probably the most realistic looking figure to the character, I have. I hope you'll be able to get it in the end, cause it'll be worth it if they don't all start to melt.

I know you want to get this when you feel there's an "all clear". I hope it works out for all of us, cause this is probably the most realistic looking figure to the character, I have. I hope you'll be able to get it in the end, cause it'll be worth it if they don't all start to melt.

Yeah. It ____ing annoys me that this is even an issue.... AGAIN! :( I had high hopes of displaying Reeve next to Keaton too. But I'll be damned if I'm gonna spend even a penny on another leaky rubber figure. And buying it now, I know I'd be insufferable, checking it daily and just wondering when it's going to start. I'd much rather wind up paying double for a guarantee later on. I can justify that. :lol

Here's the asymmetrical abs sculpt I mentioned earlier:
IMG_7586-1.jpg

IMG_7593-1.jpg

Received mine 10 hours ago and found no oils. I took off the paper wrap around the belt to make it contact directly on the suit. After coming back from school in 10 hours, I found a little gooey substance left on the suit. I believe it's from the glue behind the belt. Rorywan mentioned the oils still appear after taking the belt off. I respect what he said, but for my case I think it's from the belt.

Will try Maglors' method and will update here.
IMG_7595-1.jpg

Yeah. It ____ing annoys me that this is even an issue.... AGAIN! :( I had high hopes of displaying Reeve next to Keaton too. But I'll be damned if I'm gonna spend even a penny on another leaky rubber figure. And buying it now, I know I'd be insufferable, checking it daily and just wondering when it's going to start. I'd much rather wind up paying double for a guarantee later on. I can justify that. :lol

Honestly nam (and void), after getting this in hand i'm not too worried about any leaking issue. This is a very different rubber than used on the other problem figures. It almost feels like vinyl. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say the few instances of oil like substance presented in this thread are not a rotting/break down scenario and i would recommend ordering it with full confidence to a friend.

Just had to throw that out there...

Honestly nam (and void), after getting this in hand i'm not too worried about any leaking issue. This is a very different rubber than used on the other problem figures. It almost feels like vinyl. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say the few instances of oil like substance presented in this thread are not a rotting/break down scenario and i would recommend ordering it with full confidence to a friend.

Just had to throw that out there...

I appreciate that. But it's just too soon to tell anything right now. :huh

Ayumiwill, please fix your gauntlets... I'm sure you were just taking a pic and not focusing on them, but they should always be lined up with the back of the hands, since in reality they are one full piece, not two parts like the figure.

I'm tired, so I apologize for being a ____.

M.

Back