ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh please, its not THAT fragile. I have mentioned it before (and I have built two myself) that it is NOT a toy; it can be posed and displayed but just keep in mind it is not an action figure. I have mine on display and not once have pieces fallen off. HOWEVER the air tanks (on top of shoulders) do pop out if rattled around too much.

So you've had small pieces fall off.

TFP Voyager Starscream looks fantastic (stupid gun aside)! FOC Shockwave as well!

TF-Generations-Deluxe-Shockwave-A0171_1329054695.jpg

TF-Prime-Voyager-Starscream-38693_1329054800.jpg

https://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-generations-classics-30-35/transformers-generations-fall-of-cybertron-toys-official-images-174380/

https://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-prime-39/transformers-prime-robots-in-disguise-mainline-official-images-174379/

I have a question to all the TF Freaks here.

I'm new to collecting TFs and I'm looking for a pretty accurate (to the 80's cartoon) Devastator (Devastar). I'm leaning towards purchasing the 'Encore 20 Devastator by Takara Tomy' (Reissue) along with the full upgrade kit.

My Question is: Is this a good purchase for what I'm looking for? Any TF advice would be much appreciated. Thanks guys!

Hasbro's toy quality

Is it just me, or does the disparity between Hasbro's product photography and the actual product just continue to become greater and greater? I mean, in what world are these the same toy? How dumb do they think kids are?

TF-Generations-Deluxe-Bruticus-combiner.jpg

DSC05111a.jpg

Re: Hasbro's toy quality

Is it just me, or does the disparity between Hasbro's product photography and the actual product just continue to become greater and greater? I mean, in what world are these the same toy? How dumb do they think kids are?

DSC05111a.jpg

If you look at the mid section and groin area (thats what she said) of him in the press photo..you can obviously tell it is photoshopped to hell.. They didnt even get the colors close..last time I checked gold and orange are far apart.

Apparently an Hasbro employee at Toyfair that the actual release will be closer to the colors in the promo pic then the neon-disaster shown at the show.

loving all the FoC stuff. I'm actually kind of digging the leader or weaponizer Optimus, but Weaponizer BB not so much. But man I really can't get over how bad RID Bulkhead looks. I mean, maybe he'll be like RID Optimus and not be so bad in hand but as of right now, he looks pretty bad. Really can't wait for RID Voyager Starscream though :rock

really sucks that we're not getting the last wave of DOTM figures though. I was really looking forward to and ending my DOTM figures with HA Soundwave and Deluxe Que. I don't really think they're worth spending eBay prices for though, at least not for me.

Do we know if there are any other figures planned for the Movie Trilogy figures besides deluxe prime w/ mechTech trailer or will it be a one figure thing?

It'll probably have the Wheeljack/Soundwave repaints, but if those are released it'll be in Asia. The Prime with trailer is the only toy of the movie trilogy that the US will get, if Hasbro is to be believed.

I thought that the movie trilogy line was exclusive to the US?

Some of the Prime stuff looks really good, but some looks just plain awful. I'm probably gonna end up skipping the line and just the First Editions if Hasbro does in fact release them later.

Apparently an Hasbro employee at Toyfair that the actual release will be closer to the colors in the promo pic then the neon-disaster shown at the show.
Looks like that Hasbro employee was full of ____. The new official photo looks like that neon-disaster at the show. I feel sorry for the people who were looking forward to these figures.

What was promised:

What they're releasing:
Bruticus_1329113802.jpg

Looks like that Hasbro employee was full of ____. The new official photo looks like that neon-disaster at the show. I feel sorry for the people who were looking forward to these figures.

What was promised:

What they're releasing:
Bruticus_1329113802.jpg

And coming back to what was originally shown. . .it wasn't all that great to begin with IMO. Is it really that tough to get basic proportions down, Hasbro? Design these things with the gestalt form in mind first, and make concessions on the smaller bots if necessary. Not the other way around. That's just not an aesthetically pleasing design there, no matter what color it is.

I think people are overacting as usual, and 9/10 the figures are mistransformed in the promo shots. The sky isn't falling yet boys.

And coming back to what was originally shown. . .it wasn't all that great to begin with IMO. Is it really that tough to get basic proportions down, Hasbro? Design these things with the gestalt form in mind first, and make concessions on the smaller bots if necessary. Not the other way around. That's just not an aesthetically pleasing design there, no matter what color it is.

man I hate that word. They pounded us with Gestalt the first 2 and half years in architecture school with that :gah:

Just got my TFP First Edition Optimus and I'm really impressed with it. It still puzzles me why they cancelled the FE sets in the first place.

Back