Digital camera help

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JAWS

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Dont know if this is the place for it but I thought I would reach out to my fellow freaks with skills in photography for advice.

Looking to get a entry level digital camera for the wife for Christmas. Was hoping to get one that does well with indoor photos and easy to use.

I was looking at the Canon t7i but then started down the rabit hole of all the other cameras out there, got intimdated and came here :lol

any suggestions?

Dont know if this is the place for it but I thought I would reach out to my fellow freaks with skills in photography for advice.

Looking to get a entry level digital camera for the wife for Christmas. Was hoping to get one that does well with indoor photos and easy to use.

I was looking at the Canon t7i but then started down the rabit hole of all the other cameras out there, got intimdated and came here :lol

any suggestions?

The 7 series is a great camera, but hardly entry level. Your mid level SLR with that one.

With the 7 series you could be close to getting and EOS for a similar price, and thats a serious camera.

The 6 Rebel series was more entry level. Of course, Nikon make a great SLR but Canon are more user friendly and have more options for lenses.

What will she be shooting? Do you want the ability to shoot 1080 video?

With an amateur, the body is not as important as a good set of lenses...

What the budget?

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

The 7 series is a great camera, but hardly entry level. Your mid level SLR with that one.

With the 7 series you could be close to getting and EOS for a similar price, and thats a serious camera.

The 6 Rebel series was more entry level. Of course, Nikon make a great SLR but Canon are more user friendly and have more options for lenses.

What the budget?

I would say between 400 - 650.00

I have seen some good package deals on eBay for the 7 series but I am willing to go down to 6 if it’s easier for the novice user.

Basic needs are for outside and inside family shots and sporting events. She enjoys taking photos of family but camera we have is awful indoors and flash is a bit.... flashy lol...

I know next to nothing on this stuff and very much appreciate the help and advice.

What the budget?

I went ahead and got the Nikon D5300 which came with an 18-55mm and 70-300mm attachments

All reviews seemed positive and it had a few features I was looking for (wi fi connection and adjustable view screen).

Any thoughts on this one?

I went ahead and got the Nikon D5300 which came with an 18-55mm and 70-300mm attachments

All reviews seemed positive and it had a few features I was looking for (wi fi connection and adjustable view screen).

Any thoughts on this one?

Thats a good choice, but you may want to invest in a users guide book as the Nikon is suited more to an advanced user.

That a good kit for someone ready to learn SLR.

Those are the standard lenses and a good place to start.

Back