1/6 REDMAN TOYS - The Lost Man (David)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m not telling anyone what to buy in their collection.
Why are you buying Redman? Because it looks good. Why does it look good????

If we think it is ok to take from the original artist, then there will be no more original artists to produce these sculpts.

DON’T SUPPORT THE RECAST

So for example:
If I painted a picture of say kiefer sutherland, and then made a few limited copies of my artwork to sell - like every screen printed poster, and I numbered them and signed them to be a collectors item so to speak... and then someone scanned that poster and reproduced it and sold it as their own artwork - this is ok with all of you??? Because that what red man are doing....

Yes. I am 100%. The muse got nothing from your profit.

God Bless Redman.

A - I won’t need luck. It’s the law. In my example I haven’t done anything illegal.

B - no, I can’t see anyone’s point because it isn’t the same.

Rainman - Artist. Very talented. sculpts by hand. Produces unlicensed limited high end pieces with numbered, signed certificates . Uses one of the best 1/6 tailors who for months source screen accurate fabric . Hand makes all his accessories. Hand paints each individual sculpt/accessory. Usual run was about 30. Produces a piece of Art, not just a toy figure.

Iminime - has a small team. Commissions a talented artist to produce a sculpt by hand. Produces unlicensed limited high end pieces with numbered, signed certificates . Uses one of the best 1/6 tailors who for months source screen accurate fabric. Produces accessories. Commissions a professional painter to paint the sculpts etc individually. Usual run <100 pieces. Produces high end collector pieces.

Redman - takes these sculpts that artists have done. Recasts them. Copies everything about the above releases poorly. Mass Produces 1000’s of low end quality toy figures with a price tag to match the quality. Claim it to be their own work. Have Used actual pictures of the original pieces to sell their work.

THIS IS NOT THE SAME. Just because you are producing something unlicensed, doesn’t mean it is ok to steal the art.
And if you do not own a Rainman piece, then do not argue the point. You have no reference to compare. There is no comparison to quality. It is like comparing a Lamborghini to a Toyota and saying - well they are both cars, I don’t see the difference for the price tag?

I would have nothing against redman if they produced their own pieces. Not rip off other artists.

Stealing is stealing, theft is theft. It is binary, there are no degrees, you are either doing it or you're not. Saying it is okay for this person to steal from this person over here, and profit from it, but it is not okay for that person to steal from that other person is, frankly, bollocks, no matter how you try to justify it. It is all theft. And the degree of talent involved by those doing it is irrelevant.

Also, when you start telling other people that they have no right to even be arguing the point, that's a pretty lame and desperate play right there. And your car comparisons are both irrelevant and laughable. But do power on.

And the only hypocrisy going on here is running the line that it is fine to buy from one bootleg outfit, but not from another on some kind of 'moral' grounds. People can, and will, buy whatever they want from whoever they want for whatever reasons or justifications they choose, it is what it is, but at the end of the day it is all still bootlegging, regardless of the source, the talent, or the output.

Stealing is stealing, theft is theft. It is binary, there are no degrees, you are either doing it or you're not. Saying it is okay for this person to steal from this person over here, and profit from it, but it is not okay for that person to steal from that other person is, frankly, bollocks, no matter how you try to justify it. It is all theft. And the degree of talent involved by those doing it is irrelevant.

Also, when you start telling other people that they have no right to even be arguing the point, that's a pretty lame and desperate play right there. And your car comparisons are both irrelevant and laughable. But do power on.
It is hypocritical.

You are all saying **** Rainman. **** Iminime. They don’t pay the original source and the prices as so high.

Then say god bless Redman. They don’t pay the original source, rip off other artists, but they are cheap.... so that’s ok!!!

It is hypocritical.

You are all saying **** Rainman. **** Iminime. They don’t pay the original source and the prices as so high.

Then say god bless Redman. They don’t pay the original source, rip off other artists, but they are cheap.... so that’s ok!!!

You don't know what I have bought or what I've paid, but I've been collecting since the damn 90's.

For the record I have owned a rainman piece, I've got a couple of Iminime pieces, I don't think I've ever purchased anything from Redman. I have two bootleg pieces on pre-order, purchased another recently, and have purchased plenty of custom sculpts and other things in the past. How much talent they have, how much they cost, how much I like or respect the work of certain individuals, is all irrelevant. They are all profiteering on other peoples intellectual property. That is the point.

Now personally I don't give a damn, and if a bootlegger puts out something I really like that isn't going to be released officially and I think it is worth the asking price then I'll buy it. Which makes me just as morally dubious as any of them, because bootlegs wouldn't exist without customers willing to buy them. So I'm not casting aspersions at anybody, I just won't pretend it is anything other than what it actually is. I also live with my decisions and don't whine about spending top money only to see a cheap recast happen down the line, which I suspect is what really upsets certain people a lot of the time. That and the loss of their perceived exclusivity.

Regardless, what I won't do is shed any tears when one bootlegger rips off another bootlegger. You make a living profiteering off someone elses intellectual property and then someone comes along and does the same to you, sorry, but that's the game you entered. You can play favourites and try to paint ip thief A as being somehow superior to ip thief B all you like, but at the end of the day it's still just two ip thieves.

And the only hypocrisy going on here is running the line that it is fine to buy from one bootleg outfit, but not from another on some kind of 'moral' grounds. People can, and will, buy whatever they want from whoever they want for whatever reasons or justifications they choose, it is what it is, but at the end of the day it is all still bootlegging, regardless of the source, the talent, or the output.
[emoji817][emoji869][emoji869] AMEN.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Regardless, what I won't do is shed any tears when one bootlegger rips off another bootlegger. You make a living profiteering off someone elses intellectual property and then someone comes along and does the same to you, sorry, but that's the game you entered. You can play favourites and try to paint ip thief A as being somehow superior to ip thief B all you like, but at the end of the day it's still just two ip thieves.

Exactly. It's the pot calling the kettle black game. If you are going to condemn on moral grounds then you have to on the other as well.

RAINMAN: Thief. Unlicensed products who don’t pay to the original source. How dare he change those ridiculous prices. Boycott!!!
REAL REASON: TOO EXPENSIVE

IMINIME/CULTKING: Thief. Unlicensed products who don’t pay to the original source. How dare he change those ridiculous prices. Boycott!!!

REDMAN: Thief. Unlicensed products who don’t pay to the original source. Steal from other artists.... those prices though!?!?! APPROVED!!!
REAL REASON: IN YOUR BUDGET

So trying to take the whole “don’t pay the original source “ is a total load of ****. Hypocritical and contradicts what you all have been posting....

Literally no one said that, the only thing anyone pointed out was how hypocritical it is that some think it’s fine for one unlicensed maker to use other’s intellectual property but throw a fit when it happens to that person/company. None of the companies mentioned in this thread are in the right, it doesn’t matter the price. They are all using someone’s original designs at a profit to themselves. Yes the price point does open this version up to a lot who flat out can not afford a Rainman figure. Quite frankly it seems you are probably mad because you paid for the expensive version and the exclusivity of it is now slightly tarnished. Enjoy the brain aneurism Redman Toys will undoubtedly give you as they continue the perpetual cycle ripping off those who already ripped off.

Nucky Thompson/Steve Buscemi in Boardwalk Empire: "We all have to decide for ourselves how much sin we can live with."

Bottom line is theft is rampant in the toy industry and the entertainment industry. Everyone is guilty including movie studios, customizers, knockoff companies, and consumers.

RAINMAN: Thief. Unlicensed products who don’t pay to the original source. How dare he change those ridiculous prices. Boycott!!!

IMINIME/CULTKING: Thief. Unlicensed products who don’t pay to the original source. How dare he change those ridiculous prices. Boycott!!!

REDMAN: Thief. Unlicensed products who don’t pay to the original source. Steal from other artists.... those prices though!?!?! APPROVED!!!
REAL REASON: IN YOUR BUDGET

So trying to take the whole “don’t pay the original source “ is a total load of ****. Hypocritical and contradicts what you all have been posting....

[emoji1][emoji1][emoji1][emoji1][emoji1][emoji1][emoji1][emoji1]

Who says we are boycotting Rain Man or Iminime?

I have no problem buying from either artist. I have the Iminime "Freedom Warrior" even in the collection.

We are arguing that YOU are the hypocrite. Condemning one but praising the other.

That's what hypocrisy is. You cant call Redman thieves without calling Rainman and Iminime thieves in the same breathe. Sorry not sorry.

My wife and I make pretty decent money, but we also have a mortgage, four kids, cars, bills/utilities, you know, real life stuff. So if a cheaper version is available at fraction of the cost I will go the cheaper route and upgrade it if need be. Because in my world there is no 1:6 figure worth or no justification to spending $2000 on. Not in my world. And I have no problem with getting a lesser quality version that I can work on myself. I'd rather have that than no version of that character at all in the collection.

So go cry about it some where where the rest of the hypocrites circle jerk each other. Nobody gives a ****. Not this collector.

[emoji64][emoji64][emoji64][emoji64][emoji64]

Quite frankly it seems you are probably mad because you paid for the expensive version and the exclusivity of it is now slightly tarnished. Enjoy the brain aneurism Redman Toys will undoubtedly give you as they continue the perpetual cycle ripping off those who already ripped off.

This is what it boils down to for most of them but their egos wont let them admit it.

Playing the morality card just makes them look stupid.

Literally no one said that, the only thing anyone pointed out was how hypocritical it is that some think it’s fine for one unlicensed maker to use other’s intellectual property but throw a fit when it happens to that person/company. None of the companies mentioned in this thread are in the right, it doesn’t matter the price. They are all using someone’s original designs at a profit to themselves. Yes the price point does open this version up to a lot who flat out can not afford a Rainman figure. Quite frankly it seems you are probably mad because you paid for the expensive version and the exclusivity of it is now slightly tarnished. Enjoy the brain aneurism Redman Toys will undoubtedly give you as they continue the perpetual cycle ripping off those who already ripped off.

But he changed the font color, used bold, ALL CAPS, and multiple exclamation marks!!! However did you see through his totally cunning and not at all desperate or predictable ruse of out and out lying about what other people actually said (repeatedly)? Are you a wizard? :lol

But he changed the font color, used bold, ALL CAPS, and multiple exclamation marks!!! However did you see through his totally cunning and not at all desperate or predictable ruse of out and out lying about what other people actually said (repeatedly)? Are you a wizard? [emoji38]
[emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji109][emoji95][emoji817]

But he changed the font color, used bold, ALL CAPS, and multiple exclamation marks!!! However did you see through his totally cunning and not at all desperate or predictable ruse of out and out lying about what other people actually said (repeatedly)? Are you a wizard? :lol

You are correct...I am a wizard, but mostly I was tired and the incessant whining wore me down enough to whine right back. Not something I usually do.

This is really all that needs to be said here. Beyond that, we are just pissing in the wind because he will never get it.

Next time this thread blows up, it better be because this figure is shipping. lol

Enjoy your ****y figure by Redman. Add that to your fine collection....

All got distracted by the pretty color and the bold text? :rotfl:rotfl

Last edited:
Enjoy your ****y figure by Redman. Add that to your fine collection....

All got distracted by the pretty color and the bold text? :rotfl:rotfl

This coming from the guy who doesn't have an IQ high enough to grasp basic copyright law or the enough reading comprehension to understand what others views were on the subject. Everything you said about the law was wrong, pathetically and comically wrong.

The same buffoon who tells everyone he's not telling them what to purchase in their collection and then ends his post telling people to not buy a recast lol.

We're all laughing at how angry you are because your precious customs are losing value by the minute because of Redman lol.

You pretend you're some elite and talking down to others for purchasing a cheaper product lol. More than likely multiple people on here debating you have more money than you, so quit pretending you're above others.

Quit being a whiny *****.

Back