1/6 The Dark Knight: Batmobile - Tumbler (relaunch)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Dark Knight: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible (relaunch)

DX Superman is inevitable...hm, its funny. I don't even have the original tumbler and yet somehow I am feeling a little turned off by the massive releases. As I said before in some other thread, everyone and their grandmother now owns HT peices. Wierd thing is that you'd think high-end collectibles would be slightly more rare.

Man time to sell the CR Superman - we know a DX with Clark Kent is coming :thud: :lol

Good luck with that, the CR value is crap on the secondary market. :lol

DX Superman is inevitable...hm, its funny. I don't even have the original tumbler and yet somehow I am feeling a little turned off by the massive releases. As I said before in some other thread, everyone and their grandmother now owns HT peices. Wierd thing is that you'd think high-end collectibles would be slightly more rare.

+1 to this, you want pieces because they are limited and won't be re-released. I don't want to sound like an elitist because I never did own this piece, but with re-releasing Grail pieces like this and the MK1, it kind of deters me from purchasing these pieces just to personally not promote this kind of stuff. I know alot of people may be against me but I just do not approve of this kind of stuff and I can feel a disturbance in the force for Tumbler owners everywhere just as the MK1 owners felt and I suspect the Joker DX owners will feel.

pretty cool and lame at the same time. maybe that's why that one guy was trying to sell his tumbler on eBay for $20,000 :lol he got some inside news that they were going to relaunch it :lol

I'm not really into 1/6 vehicles (except for the lightcycle since it's integrated with the figure) so i could careless about this.

Honestly, High end collectibles, are high end, because: 1) they are expensive and you get the right bang for your buck, and 2) theya re SUPPOSED to be rare! The only part of high end that they are fulfilling is there ever-rising prices!

I love how people ordered like 5 of them to flip :lol What do you think was going to happenw when so many people bought extras? HT makes these to fill pre-orders! :slap

+1 to this, you want pieces because they are limited and won't be re-released. I don't want to sound like an elitist because I never did own this piece, but with re-releasing Grail pieces like this and the MK1, it kind of deters me from purchasing these pieces just to personally not promote this kind of stuff. I know alot of people may be against me but I just do not approve of this kind of stuff and I can feel a disturbance in the force for Tumbler owners everywhere just as the MK1 owners felt and I suspect the Joker DX owners will feel.

what u have to understand is lots of new collectors join this hobby and would like to backtrack, with pieces like this being out priced , if limited lots of scalpers would join up too stocking everything and then flipping later on ebay like the ridiculously priced tumbler for 20000$, u really want that or would u like your money to go to hot toys itself so they can continue to improve their products, i view hot toys as outstanding products, which i would like to both play and display as well, cheaper prices or retail prices enables me to buy 2 of each if i want whenever i want, and my money goes to hot toys not some scalper. hot toys neednt worry about going out of business as long new collectors join everyday because what they make is the best in the market right now, there is no competition for their products as of now,
no fan will continue to be loyal to hot toys if another company starts outdoing them, as long as they make profits and improve their products they will be continue to be successful and collectors should be happy, if you are looking for investment , its sad, lol, the only drawback would people who bought first would have to buy a second one if they are changes , but the mark 1 has some changes but batmobile doesn t so the current owners needn't worry,
the sooner flippers get out of hot toys and stocking, the better for collectors,

LOL sucks for anyone that paid $1200 plus for this.... and AVP preds, Ironman, Batman OC, Sparrow, Im sure batman DX will be soon too.

If they do a DX of Superman that's me out of collecting Hot Toys.

With all these re-releases "good for me as I've just started" Hot Toys need to start to think about there customers as these are fast becoming non collectibles.

They will probably stat making toys for McDonalds kids meals next :slap

Think I will stick to SS statues after I get the few I want from Ground Hog Toys

I love how people ordered like 5 of them to flip :lol What do you think was going to happenw when so many people bought extras? HT makes these to fill pre-orders! :slap

actually its the flipper market which saturated superman lots of them to go around good for late comers to get at below or near retail , lol

Dino... I say....POWER TO THE SCALPERS!!!! AMERICAN CAPITALISM BABY!!!!

what u have to understand is lots of new collectors join this hobby and would like to backtrack

So what? I was a noob at one time and missed out on stuff I wanted? We've all been there, we've all "just started out". Should companies go back and re-release everything for people that missed out?

I don't even own this and a re-release just doesn't seem right to me. I know people may not agree with me (especially those that missed out and want one) but I think this particular line of collectibles will fold if Hot Toys keeps doing things like this.

I mean this practice is literally Hot Toys undermining their own market. Why get the second Tumbler when I can buy the third?

I think its time that we as FREAKS, organize a petition and a poll about how we feel about HT re-releases

I think its time that we as FREAKS, organize a petition and a poll about how we feel about HT re-releases

Nah too drastic. I mean it sucks, sure but not for those that don't have it. It basically comes down to the "haves" and the "have nots". Hot Toys see the secondary market and they see $$$ so they cater to the "have nots".

They'll make a profit for a time until the market bites them back in the ass when their product has saturated and supply exceeds demand.

When the supply exceeds the demand there will be a surplus of "collectibles" that nobody wants and it'll fall apart. Not to mention the collectors that will feel rubbed the wrong way by all the re-releases.

Dino... I say....POWER TO THE SCALPERS!!!! AMERICAN CAPITALISM BABY!!!!

As opposed to "Chinese Capitalism"...?

I love the bashing going on in this thread because it puts forth the idea that only the secondary market should profit on a company's product, that company itself be damned... :rotfl

"Sir, we sold out of (XXXXXX). We could make a lot of money on a rerelease."

"No, people on the Internet might get angry with us and we don't want to deal with that microcosmical negative impact. Leave that potential money on the table and send our congratuations to (YYYYY) for his overwhelming profit on eBay."

:cuckoo:

Back