Green Lantern - General One Sixth Figure Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
All this talk of the HT figure cancellation prompted me to watch the Extended Green Lantern on blu a few days ago. What can I say, I still really like it. :dunno

I might be a bit "vanilla" as a basic superhero origin story and its definitely second tier compared to other origin flicks like CA:TFA, X:FC and Batman Begins but I'd say its at least on par with 2002 Spider-Man and the first Iron Man and dammit its just got a cool "something" about it that I like and that really isn't represented by other films. The visual look, the outer space aspect, the unique nature of his powers. A shame this movie didn't get more support.

I'm sure it'll be the only 200 million dollar GL movie we'll *ever* see now, and that also is too bad. I'm glad we have this though. Come on HT, grow a pair and make a kick-ass Reynolds Hal.

I was hoping for more in the extended cut but the extended scene between Hal and his nephew could have and should've stayed in. Some of the best acting I've seen from Reynolds.

I think what killed this for HT was that they didn't really know how to make it look like the movie costume and that the costume looked different in just about every shot. I preferred it when the black and green were very distinct, but that was true in only a couple of shots. If HT had made that version I would have been very happy. But a lot of the time the black and green was blurred or green light was pulsing through and it might be cinematic, but didn't translate well to a static action figure.

Yeah, I suppose that must have been part of it. Ultimately though if HT didn't have 7 odd Avengers on their plate + all the gazillion other things in development, I do think they would've found a way to do this.

All this talk of the HT figure cancellation prompted me to watch the Extended Green Lantern on blu a few days ago. What can I say, I still really like it. :dunno

I might be a bit "vanilla" as a basic superhero origin story and its definitely second tier compared to other origin flicks like CA:TFA, X:FC and Batman Begins but I'd say its at least on par with 2002 Spider-Man and the first Iron Man and dammit its just got a cool "something" about it that I like and that really isn't represented by other films. The visual look, the outer space aspect, the unique nature of his powers. A shame this movie didn't get more support.

I'm sure it'll be the only 200 million dollar GL movie we'll *ever* see now, and that also is too bad. I'm glad we have this though. Come on HT, grow a pair and make a kick-ass Reynolds Hal.

Yeah I really like the film. A shame it has such a low standing. Le sigh

I loved the GL movie. It wasn't a perfect movie but it was a fun movie. To me it had that Last Starfighter feel to it. Just a fun adventure. It's to bad so many people have to try and play critic these days and pick everything apart instead of just watching to enjoy and escape for awhile.

I'm tellng you guys if there as another group doing the CGI we wouldn't be having this discussion. Everything from the overdone suit to the mash potato space monster killed it. As far as the story goes, I felt it was a solid origin. Better than Wolverine's anyway.

I'm tellng you guys if there as another group doing the CGI we wouldn't be having this discussion. Everything from the overdone suit to the mash potato space monster killed it. As far as the story goes, I felt it was a solid origin. Better than Wolverine's anyway.

I didn't think there was anything wrong with the CGI. You wanna see bad CGI, watch GI Joe: Rise of Cobra. :monkey1

I didn't think there was anything wrong with the CGI. You wanna see bad CGI, watch GI Joe: Rise of Cobra. :monkey1

I refuse to watch it! Ever since I saw the nano-things eat the Eiffel Tower in a trailer. You are right about that movie.

For Green Lantern, I just thought the striations on the suit made it look rubbery and way too stripey/busy. The constructs where alright if not strangely placed at times (helicopter saved by hot wheels toy ramp construct).

Good performance by Sarsgaard (as per usual). If what I heard about Reynolds being given the choice between doing Flash or GL is true, I would have liked to see his take on the Flash more.

But whatevs, if they can just get to a sequel with Sinestro as the big bad then we'll be home free. Mark Strong has to be in it though. He was great! :rock2

I refuse to watch it! Ever since I saw the nano-things eat the Eiffel Tower in a trailer. You are right about that movie.

For Green Lantern, I just thought the striations on the suit made it look rubbery and way too stripey/busy. The constructs where alright if not strangely placed at times (helicopter saved by hot wheels toy ramp construct).

Good performance by Sarsgaard (as per usual). If what I heard about Reynolds being given the choice between doing Flash or GL is true, I would have liked to see his take on the Flash more.

But whatevs, if they can just get to a sequel with Sinestro as the big bad then we'll be home free. Mark Strong has to be in it though. He was great! :rock2

I don't see how that could've been more appropriate. They even hinted at it after Hal was done talking to his nephew. :huh

Yeah I really like the film. A shame it has such a low standing. Le sigh

Its fanboy mentality :(

One or two films are what everyone hypes on beforehand, they become the favourites, with the most B.O Gross

One becomes the underdog without much attention that is excellent and gets people talking more, but doesn't make lots of money.

One becomes the butt of jokes as the terrible one compared to the aforementioned, despite it being an okay film.

I don't see how that could've been more appropriate. They even hinted at it after Hal was done talking to his nephew. :huh

Still strange, whether there was basis for it floating around in his mind or not. It was just a bit too screwball for me that's all.

You could argue that it was part of the process of coming up with more effective constructs as he was going along. There were just too many moments where there was an abundance of CGI on screen to little or no effect.

In other words, too cartoony.

Yeah, I suppose that must have been part of it. Ultimately though if HT didn't have 7 odd Avengers on their plate + all the gazillion other things in development, I do think they would've found a way to do this.
Yeah, I also agree that they should have shelved the Arkham Asylum and Dark Knight Rises stuff so that they could devote more resources to GL :monkey3

I believe if I read that piece right, they have canceled GL from the figure "roster" but have retained the license. He continued to use the word "on hold". We may see something yet, slim chance but maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back