Sideshow City of Tanis - Map Room 12" environment

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I loved it when I had it... but yeah.... had to go... never was going to be able to display a piece that huge... I want to do a really small vignette with my maproom Indy that captures the feel of the scene.. but small... like my jungle belloq or Jock pilot series I did..

And I want to thank you for the great deal you gave me Sir. It has a place of honor with my Indy figures in my collection. One of my favorite pieces. :hi5:

Awesome punisher... good thing about this board is when you end up having to let something go.. you know it goes to a good home when a board member snags it :)

Very true and its awesome to be able to talk about our interests as well. Plus there's a lot of talented people such as yourself to make this hobby even better. I still can't believe how good your whip and holster set. Best purchase of the year for me. Indy is my favorite character.

Thanks to Irish Jedi for the Tanis environment. For whatever reason I didn't buy it years ago upon initial release. It was the last of Sideshow's Indy pieces I needed to add to the collection.

Tanis.jpg

Nice! I've always wanted this piece but it's been priced pretty high in the aftermarket. I hope I can eventually pick one up for a decent price, someday.

Sideshow City of Tanis - Map Room 12" environment

895578dd35f9fdb26d73fc8d15f07c07.jpg

I love mine. It’s definitely a grail piece but I may have to sell it. Anybody know what this might be going for? There are no sold items on eBay to check.

I know how you feel; I loved mine also but had to let it go. It just took up too much space to display one figure. It was a truly inspired piece from Sideshow though.

It seems to be pricey in the secondry market. Any i've seen the selller is asking big bucks, similar logic with the first release jabba throne environment.

I LOVE this piece. I was fortunate to pick it up a couple of months ago for a reasonable deal.

It's big, it's bulky but it makes for an incredible display. Mine had to go back in the box, temporarily, until I can pick up a couple more Detolfs for other figures and then be able to place it across the top of two.

Very cool piece. Good luck selling it. I sold my Sideshow Ark by mistake and regretted it since. Still looking for a replacement. Make sure you really need to get rid of it before regretting it.

I sold this Tanis environment and totally regret it. Only sold item I actually regret. I got it for $145 shipped back in the day also! It was just TOO big for one figure. I have Tanis Indy on a Sideshow Temple of Anubis now. Same vibe, smaller space.

Cool. Thanks

I think the last one I saw sell on ebay was around 600 or so. I got mine from Mike Fisher years ago and love it. I just moved houses and need to get everything set up again. I have a lot more space to put this piece out and the 89 Batmobile from hot toys. Both are awesome pieces but space whores for sure.

I recently came across my original purchase information from an online comic store and was surprised it went below $200 retail, and that the shipping was not that much more, bringing the total to just a little over $200! It is one of the times I was fortunate to have acted on while it was still on preorder (like the Raiders PF), unlike some other grails that I sat on the fence and ended up paying a lot more even for 2nd hand, like my HT Indy.

I recently came across my original purchase information from an online comic store and was surprised it went below $200 retail, and that the shipping was not that much more, bringing the total to just a little over $200! It is one of the times I was fortunate to have acted on while it was still on preorder (like the Raiders PF), unlike some other grails that I sat on the fence and ended up paying a lot more even for 2nd hand, like my HT Indy.

Good point, won't tell you what i went through to get the Jabba throne to Australia from the US six years ago. Original retail on some of these bigger evironments is actually reasonable like you say.

Back