1/6 Star wars 1/6 SDCC 2019 Speculation

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well if I had my way, I would've done EP7-9 instead of EP1-3 first. Take advantage of a younger Leia and Luke. Yes, Harrison was rumored to not be interested back in the day, but I'm sure a hefty sum would've changed his mind. And if he wouldn't do it unless his character was killed off like the deal he made for TFA, then nope he wouldn't be in it. Dark Empire/SOTE/Thrawn trilogy would have been the right direction with Jacen/Jaina/Anakin/Ben. Maybe even EP9-12 focusing on them. Then the prequels after those. I always like the Clone Wars to be ambiguous, but always imagined many different people were cloned and not one bounty hunter to make an army.

Spin offs:
Mandalorian should be a Fett movie. No origin, keep it a secret. Just right into bounties and plenty of action.
Han and Chewie with it not being a crappy Solo movie.
Vader with him hunting Jedi and crushing rebelling systems while trying to kill the Emperor.
And considering the circumstances of today, why we don't get a Sebastian Stan Luke movie with him hunting for Jedi/Sith artifacts and force users is beyond me.
Rogue Squadron movie with the real Rogue Squadron like Wedge.
Then a tv show with all of the bounty hunters from ESB just makes too much sense.

Sigh.

Jesus... I thought at least there would be a temporary break from Endgame so Hot Toys might have time to clear off the backlogs, and somehow focus working on SW for awhile...but no, Marvel hype train is keep going on full speed ahead :banghead=.
attachment.php

Piling this much junk on top of an already massive pile of junk... at some point it's bound to collapse. :devil

Jesus... I thought at least there would be a temporary break from Endgame so Hot Toys might have time to clear off the backlogs, and somehow focus working on SW for awhile...but no, Marvel hype train is keep going on full speed ahead :banghead=.

I don’t think we will be getting that many figures from these movies/shows. Like 1-2 each. Who knows how Eternals will be to warrant a full team. If anything, this is good news for us Star Wars collectors. No more massive team up movies getting what seems to be 15-20 figures per. And, no Spider-Man either.

Well if I had my way, I would've done EP7-9 instead of EP1-3 first. Take advantage of a younger Leia and Luke. Yes, Harrison was rumored to not be interested back in the day, but I'm sure a hefty sum would've changed his mind. And if he wouldn't do it unless his character was killed off like the deal he made for TFA, then nope he wouldn't be in it. Dark Empire/SOTE/Thrawn trilogy would have been the right direction with Jacen/Jaina/Anakin/Ben. Maybe even EP9-12 focusing on them. Then the prequels after those. I always like the Clone Wars to be ambiguous, but always imagined many different people were cloned and not one bounty hunter to make an army.

Spin offs:
Mandalorian should be a Fett movie. No origin, keep it a secret. Just right into bounties and plenty of action.
Vader with him hunting Jedi and crushing rebelling systems while trying to kill the Emperor.
And considering the circumstances of today, why we don't get a Sebastian Stan Luke movie with him hunting for Jedi/Sith artifacts and force users is beyond me.
Then a tv show with all of the bounty hunters from ESB just makes too much sense.

Sigh.

I agree. I rather they just have taken the basic plot line of the EU and roughly use the source material instead of the trash we got now. They ruined Star Wars with no plan whatsoever. I just don’t get them. Who the hell wanted a Han Solo movie with a new actor when you got Vader, Kenobi, Mace, and Palpatine actors willing to comeback for a movie? Who wants a Cassian Andor TV show?

Honestly, this should be Star Wars. Lack of creativity puts SW right where it is.

It should be. Star Wars is a big enough universe to pull it off.

Spin offs:

Sigh.

Double sigh.
Ild take an animated thrawn trilogy over the st

View attachment 461821

[emoji50] wow... must say I’m very much ok with SW not having this kind of hype. That’s just too much! ...I’m honestly kind of done with superheroes for now. Full! And Black Widow and Hawkeye? ...not for me.

Spin offs:

Sigh.

A Vader movie should be 2 hours of him doing what he did at the end of rogue one.

I just think Disney thought they could half @$$ it with star wars, put out any piece of merchandise, and it would print money. Bravo to marvel. It’s amazing what marvel is doing, at least in terms of planning and continuity. We couldn’t even get an explanation as to who snoke was or why he was in power. Yeah, go read the comics to the entire movie going public. The failure was at the executive level.

Poor strategy from the onset. A SW movie should really be hitting 1 billion consistently.

TROS should have been in the discussion for highest-grossing ever but here we are. Maybe they'll take their time for the next trilog - oh wait, the next one comes out in two years after TROS.

A Vader movie should be 2 hours of him doing what he did at the end of rogue one.

That sounds like it would fit into a good three minute YouTube clip and not an entire feature.

Though I wouldn't be against a Vader/Empire-perspective movie, as long as Vader isn't front and centre the whole time giving wink-wink moments to the audience dangling his red lightsaber around willy-nilly. Maybe instead we see through the eyes of a newly-promoted bureaucratic imperial officer who has to deal with political infighting within the ranks of the Empire (kind of like Tarkin-Krennic and Ozzel-Piett) as well trying getting tasks done with Vader literally breathing down his neck. Maybe our imperial officer comes about sensitive information (Sonny Luke) somehow and isn't sure whether he should use it as leverage for the betterment of himself or attend to his moral ambiguity by (trying) to leak it to the rebels.

I know it sounds silly from my end but a talented enough screenwriter and director could make something like that work. I just hope that say if there was a Vader movie, it isn't just 2 hours of him doing his best Freddy Krueger impression chopping people left and right.

Piling this much junk on top of an already massive pile of junk... at some point it's bound to collapse. :devil

People have been yelling this since Guardians of the Galaxy 1. Endgame literally just because the number 1 best selling movie ever worldwide. Don't blame Marvel for Star Wars' mismanagement

People have been yelling this since Guardians of the Galaxy 1. Endgame literally just because the number 1 best selling movie ever worldwide. Don't blame Marvel for Star Wars' mismanagement

I just find most of those Marvel movies so boring. I prefer the TV series that allow the characters time to develop, whereas the movies feel more a succession of punch-ups and silly one-liners. Some of the DC ones aren't much better. I watched Aquaman the other day. All I can say in its favour is the scenery was nice.

There's too much Star Wars as well. You could kick the Prequels and Sequels into touch, and have a much smarter looking set of five movies.

I don't recall, does Hot Toys usually put a slew of figures up for preorder the week after SDCC? I expect they will preorder the battle damaged MK 85 tomorrow but have no idea what to expect beyond that?

The next two months will be preorders of convention figures. I'm glad I wasn't in a Star Wars phase when SDCC started cos I would be as pissed off as the rest of this section.

I just find most of those Marvel movies so boring. I prefer the TV series that allow the characters time to develop, whereas the movies feel more a succession of punch-ups and silly one-liners. Some of the DC ones aren't much better. I watched Aquaman the other day. All I can say in its favour is the scenery was nice.

There's too much Star Wars as well. You could kick the Prequels and Sequels into touch, and have a much smarter looking set of five movies.

Yeah, wow - Aquaman - the group I saw it with voted to turn it off a bit over half way through. How the BvS and SS got so much flak yet that got a warm embrace I have no idea. :lol

And yeah, a few of the Marvel movies I've enjoyed (mostly Cap) but how people can say a cartoon like Black Panther is Best Picture material I have no idea, and many of the films are indeed an endless procession of CGI silliness, villain moment repeats and groan inducing "messages" about personal and national responsibilities. All the deep resonance about friendship and family of a late F&F franchise entry. But hey - nice to know we only have another two to three dozen movies to go (and that these things are holding back an entire generation's worth of original movies)!:yess:

Now that seems a bit of a stretch.

Not at all. If you think that the cumulative affect of MCU, DCU, SW - mega branded franchises that comprise the majority of studio tentpole releases annually these days - aren't supplanting original films of the same type (that could have been those same tentpole releases) you're not facing reality.

Original major summer films used to be in the majority, now they are small and shrinking minority. So yes, an entire generation has missed out on (at least some of) their original movies like previous generations' Gremlins, Star Wars, Raiders, Ghostbusters, Terminator etc etc For every Avatar, they have gotten reboots of Ghostbusters, Judge Dredd, Robocop, Total Recall, etc etc etc.

No matter what you think of marvel movies, at least they had a plan. They may be mostly popcorn movies that are forgotten once you leave the theater, at least they planned it out and knew what they were doing. Star Wars couldn’t even bring a tease about any project to sdcc, especially when they need good press. Kk has paid the price for her lack of vision. That lack of vision has forced them to bring palpatine back from the dead. Do they have the stones to resurrect luke?

No matter what you think of marvel movies, at least they had a plan. They may be mostly popcorn movies that are forgotten once you leave the theater, at least they planned it out and knew what they were doing. Star Wars couldn’t even bring a tease about any project to sdcc, especially when they need good press. Kk has paid the price for her lack of vision. That lack of vision has forced them to bring palpatine back from the dead. Do they have the stones to resurrect luke?

Rian Johnson and Kathleen Kennedy's desecration of the OT and loved characters has had consequences. It will be hard to undo because bringing back Mark, Harrison, and Carrie was a one chance opportunity.
It's very unfortunate that Kennedy wasn't fired and replaced by someone competent to steer the franchise.

Back