DC Designer Series: Trinity by Jason Fabok

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KryptoSlush

Super Freak
Reaction score
Curious if there's any information as to when this will go up for pre-order. It looks magnificent.

trinity.jpg

As a sculpt I think this looks great. I love me some Fabok artwork and this sculpt definitely captures his art style perfectly.

To those complaining about the lack of classic costumes, it's not like we haven't had 70+ years of collectibles with the classic costumes or anything, right? ;)

It's 2017. This is Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman at this moment in time based on very specific art.

To those complaining about the lack of classic costumes, it's not like we haven't had 70+ years of collectibles with the classic costumes or anything, right? ;)

It's 2017. This is Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman at this moment in time based on very specific art.

Sorry, but there will always be those who prefer the classics. I'm one of them. Whenever I see a company release New 52 or Rebirth merch I understand that I am not their target audience. Congrats to those that like this. It's a pass for me and money saved.

To new comic readers and collectors this may be the costume that they grow up liking. A lot of the new generation don't appreciate the simplistic storylines of the 40's and 50's comic books so they definitely will not like it. That is a narrow approach to collecting that would put this business out of business if every DC statue was made with the 'classic' look.

Sorry, but there will always be those who prefer the classics. I'm one of them. Whenever I see a company release New 52 or Rebirth merch I understand that I am not their target audience. Congrats to those that like this. It's a pass for me and money saved.

To new comic readers and collectors this may be the costume that they grow up liking. A lot of the new generation don't appreciate the simplistic storylines of the 40's and 50's comic books so they definitely will not like it. That is a narrow approach to collecting that would put this business out of business if every DC statue was made with the 'classic' look.

I haven't read a single DC issue from the 40's or 50's and I like the classic look the best. I personally don't care for the NEW 52 or Rebirth costumes. Jim Lee is an awesome artist but a lousy costume designer. I don't mind some changes or tweaks. I thought David Finch designed a great looking Bats costume when he took over the book but Jim Lee's costumes are a major fail on every level. His 90's X-MEN redesigns with bomber jackets and endless pouches are a travesty and a joke. We like what we like and I don't like New 52 or Rebirth costumes. It's my money and I won't spend a dime on something I think looks like garbage. As for these new readers you keep talking about...where are they? Have you ever looked at sales figures of comics since the NEW 52 and Marvel NOW have started. Sales are in the toilet for both companies.

LOL, I actually don't think that's a result of ugly costumes. It's probably due to financial reasons across the collector community. Interests have changed over the years. Too many books to chose from featuring various versions of the same characters have diluted it. The constant reboots and new issue numbering have made it a daunting task for new readers to jump in and make sense of anything. I personally have not looked at sales figures but in talking to managers at my LCS some books sell well and others don't. They seem to be holding their own and readers speak with their wallets, if a book is crap they will not continue purchasing.

BTW, I don't like this statue because it seems contrived. I'm older and have seen a lot of repetition.

I haven't read a single DC issue from the 40's or 50's and I like the classic look the best. I personally don't care for the NEW 52 or Rebirth costumes. Jim Lee is an awesome artist but a lousy costume designer. I don't mind some changes or tweaks. I thought David Finch designed a great looking Bats costume when he took over the book but Jim Lee's costumes are a major fail on every level. His 90's X-MEN redesigns with bomber jackets and endless pouches are a travesty and a joke. We like what we like and I don't like New 52 or Rebirth costumes. It's my money and I won't spend a dime on something I think looks like garbage. As for these new readers you keep talking about...where are they? Have you ever looked at sales figures of comics since the NEW 52 and Marvel NOW have started. Sales are in the toilet for both companies.

LOL, I actually don't think that's a result of ugly costumes. It's probably due to financial reasons across the collector community. Interests have changed over the years. Too many books to chose from featuring various versions of the same characters have diluted it. The constant reboots and new issue numbering have made it a daunting task for new readers to jump in and make sense of anything. I personally have not looked at sales figures but in talking to managers at my LCS some books sell well and others don't. They seem to be holding their own and readers speak with their wallets, if a book is crap they will not continue purchasing.

BTW, I don't like this statue because it seems contrived. I'm older and have seen a lot of repetition.

Sales haven't tanked because of costumes. They've tanked because of all the PC bs and SJW writers that have changed comics beyond recognition. Sales have tanked and both DC and Marvel are now scrambling to try and right the ship (hence Legacy and Rebirth). My point is there are very few younger readers jumping on the comics bandwagon so I'm not concerned about what costumes they prefer on their statues. I prefer the classics. If this piece was in their classic costumes I would've seriously considered it. They aren't, so I won't. If there are fans out there that like this look, more power to them. My wallet is staying shut.

Sales haven't tanked because of costumes. They've tanked because of all the PC bs and SJW writers that have changed comics beyond recognition. Sales have tanked and both DC and Marvel are now scrambling to try and right the ship (hence Legacy and Rebirth). My point is there are very few younger readers jumping on the comics bandwagon so I'm not concerned about what costumes they prefer on their statues. I prefer the classics. If this piece was in their classic costumes I would've seriously considered it. They aren't, so I won't. If there are fans out there that like this look, more power to them. My wallet is staying shut.

Agree about Marvel. They are continuing to kill their brand. The problem with the new SJW characters has nothing to do with their race or sex. The problem is they all have the personality of a whiny entitled college student. A good example of this is Champions #11, Las Vegas has been obliterated, Tens of thousands people are dead. While sitting on a down airliner, where all the passenger inside had been cooked alive. Our hero, Riri Williams ( The new Ironman), Gets triggered because she found out Tony Stark upgraded the tech on another character's suit. Then we get a lecture on white privilege. Again this all happens while they are standing on the graves of tens of thousands of people.

Also they want Captain Marvel to be their flagship character. unfortunately they gave her the personality of Stalin & Hitler, plus the village idiot. Then turned her into a man.

She went from Carol Danvers

zcaptainmarvel1.jpg

To Carl Danvers

maxresdefault.jpg

At the rate they are going Brie Larson is soon going to have to be replaced by Rachel Maddow for the film.

Agree about Marvel. They are continuing to kill their brand. The problem with the new SJW characters has nothing to do with their race or sex. The problem is they all have the personality of a whiny entitled college student. A good example of this is Champions #11, Las Vegas has been obliterated, Tens of thousands people are dead. While sitting on a down airliner, where all the passenger inside had been cooked alive. Our hero, Riri Williams ( The new Ironman), Gets triggered because she found out Tony Stark upgraded the tech on another character's suit. Then we get a lecture on white privilege. Again this all happens while they are standing on the graves of tens of thousands of people.

Also they want Captain Marvel to be their flagship character. unfortunately they gave her the personality of Stalin & Hitler, plus the village idiot. Then turned her into a man.

She went from Carol Danvers

View attachment 368802

To Carl Danvers

View attachment 368803

At the rate they are going Brie Larson is soon going to have to be replaced by Rachel Maddow for the film.

Marvel is a complete disaster. Look, I'll make this simple....in my book Tony Stark is Iron Man, Steve Rogers is Cap (and not a fascist Nazi), Odin Son is Thor, Logan is Wolverine, Banner is HULK, etc..... I have zero interest in the characters that have hijacked those books and have replaced the characters I've known and read since I was a kid. As far as I'm concerned, Marvel comics are toilet paper. IMO, Marvel books have been broken beyond repair and I certainly don't trust the idiots that broke it to fix it. I have zero issues with any of the characters Marvel has created for the sake of diversity. Give them their own books. I just want the characters I enjoy reading back in there own books and written by competent storytellers. Marvel has lost me completely. Based on sales and talking to collectors at my LCS, I'm not the only one.

On a side note...based on your pics, it does seem like Marvel is trying to make Carol Danvers look like Carl Manvers. :lol Can't say I'm surprised though.

Last edited:
Back