Star Wars: The Old Republic MMORPG by Bioware

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been wondering if anyone is still playing this game. I could honestly see going back to this game in a few months once my Xbox backlog gets caught up.

If I did that I wouldn't play it for the next 10 years.....

If I did that I wouldn't play it for the next 10 years.....

Me too. My backlog of games would take me 20 years to finish all because of having to have a dumb job.

I still play TOR. It feels empty but it doesn't bother me. I'm playing it for each characters story. Not so much for the MMO aspect of it.

Me too. My backlog of games would take me 20 years to finish all because of having to have a dumb job.

I still play TOR. It feels empty but it doesn't bother me. I'm playing it for each characters story. Not so much for the MMO aspect of it.

and that, right there is why it's gonna fail.

they ( bioware) did not make an MMO, they made a single player game with a multiplayer feature.

Im still playing it; but I have to admit the grinding is really making me want to stop, I just hate it :lol But the stories are so good, I suppose it makes up for it.

and that, right there is why it's gonna fail.

they ( bioware) did not make an MMO, they made a single player game with a multiplayer feature.
That pretty much sums it up..I've read that thousands of people are quitting. About half of the people in my guild that began about a month ago have already quit the game..others just only come on every four-five days now.

It seems like the only people who are still excited about the game are those who are in denial, or have never played an MMO before.

It's sad tbh, I was really looking forward to this.

I'm not excited about the game but I do have fun when I play. I could really care less if all the human players I saw were NPCs instead. I know I'm in the minority but I'm having fun with playing alone. My girlfriend and I have characters we play together so there is a plus.

But I do know this game wont survive on people playing by themselves. Something has to happen or the game will die.

That's because it's still KOTOR, AND KOTOR ROCKS!

I just wanna feel like im living in the SW universe and i don't. I want to feel like i'm exploring the planets and i don't.(immersion sucks) Yes, i miss galaxies. (the first few yrs anyways) I think this game has super potential. Patch this sucker up and listen to the players and we could have something.

(reading major patch 1.2, it is a for sure step in the right direction)

Its been so long since I logged in that I got an Email from bioware saying that my NPCs miss me and want me to log in.

:rotfl

That's because it's still KOTOR, AND KOTOR ROCKS!

I just wanna feel like im living in the SW universe and i don't. I want to feel like i'm exploring the planets and i don't.(immersion sucks) Yes, i miss galaxies. (the first few yrs anyways) I think this game has super potential. Patch this sucker up and listen to the players and we could have something.

(reading major patch 1.2, it is a for sure step in the right direction)
A friend I made on swtor told me all about Galaxies. I never really cared for it..but wow.

It must have truly been incredible in it's early days...
He said one of his happiest moments was when it took him two hours to walk from one side of Tattooine to the other. Said that bounty hunters could get bounties on actual players, you could go on Rancor/Krayt Dragon hunts, crafters could set up shop in a major city and have their droids advertise for them, could raise all types of animals from babies as a creature handler, and even ride them, you could BUILD your own houses/cities..etc.

That game sounds like a real life in the SW universe.

:exactly::exactly::exactly:

And I agree with everything that's been posted in the last few posts as well.

A friend I made on swtor told me all about Galaxies. I never really cared for it..but wow.

It must have truly been incredible in it's early days...
He said one of his happiest moments was when it took him two hours to walk from one side of Tattooine to the other. Said that bounty hunters could get bounties on actual players, you could go on Rancor/Krayt Dragon hunts, crafters could set up shop in a major city and have their droids advertise for them, could raise all types of animals from babies as a creature handler, and even ride them, you could BUILD your own houses/cities..etc.

That game sounds like a real life in the SW universe.

I miss it!!!

EVERYONE misses SWG. i understand that SWG is considered somewhat of a failure in the end, but it got SO MUCH RIGHT. and i rather do wish that Bioware had paid attention to the parts that were done properly.. and simply copied them.

Yeah, i'm thinking if things keep going the way they are, they will start to hear the community. (Bioware seems to listen unlike sony) And $ talks.

This game could use player housing, better immersion all around, (no day or night cycles wtf?) exploration for datacrons is stupid. I mean in galaxies going to Jabba's palace was an adventure and an experience.

I have not had anything like that in this game yet.

Sad thing is SW galaxies 2 (i'm sure they'll make it someday) will be like 2020!

I've never gotten into a MMORPG before so I don't really know what TOR is lacking compared to others.

I just play this as a state-of-the-art SW version of the old Apple IIe Ultima games from my youth which is beyond awesome in my mind.

Idunno anything about designing games..but it seems like SWG was LOADED with tons of stuff, when swtor has so little. And didn't Galaxies come out in 2001 or so? I don't understand why they couldn't have put more into swtor from the beginning...unless they just ran out of time or somthing.

..or maybe the voice acting took up too much space?

It came out in 2003. And to me they just focused too much on story and VO (which is cool) and that makes it lack the MMO real world feeling.

SWG WAS packed. Bioware just seems to go with what they think the "cool crowd" likes. Black core lightsabers?????????? And not what real SW fans like.

It's still super early in this games life, a year from now this could be a totally different game. (i think it will have to be to make it)

1.2 patch is a first baby step)

Figured it would be cool to show off our character.

This is my Jedi Sentinel...Landar!

Screenshot_2012-04-01_04_07_31_295000.jpg

Back