Statue Weta Workshop Smaug the Terrible Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Games Workshop Smaug hopefully will be done in a day or two...teaser...lots of touching up and might redo a little part or two :)

Just got this guy in from the Black Friday deal. Really impressive. He's edition #1741 so if they are indeed selling in order he's not too far from selling out but I suspect another year or so.

Just got this guy in from the Black Friday deal. Really impressive. He's edition #1741 so if they are indeed selling in order he's not too far from selling out but I suspect another year or so.

Congrats. They generally do sell in order so it might be close. Unless they have another big sale I don't see them "flying" off the shelf quickly either.

got mine today, my edition # is in the 1900s, so it's very close to selling out if we assume they are in order?

nothing can prepare you for how big and heavy this thing is, it's insane.

btw is there any report of breakage with this statue? i can't open it until like jan or feb next year after the holidays. As i am traveling soon and wife will kill me if i leave those big packing boxes around during holidays, she already not happy i have this giant box in the living room i told her it was a small dragon figurine....

but if there is a lot of breakage reports i have no choice but to risk the wrath of the wife and open it now to check in case there are issues. I scanned a few pages back doesn't seem like many folks have issue with breakage? thanks

It is a great looking piece. Expensive but worth it (paint aside), my goal is to get the proto paint eventually. That's what sold me on this, that's really what I want.

Any idea on what a good paint job on this statue would cost? I know there are a lot of factors to consider but a general idea would be nice.

Thanks!

got mine today, my edition # is in the 1900s, so it's very close to selling out if we assume they are in order?

nothing can prepare you for how big and heavy this thing is, it's insane.

btw is there any report of breakage with this statue? i can't open it until like jan or feb next year after the holidays. As i am traveling soon and wife will kill me if i leave those big packing boxes around during holidays, she already not happy i have this giant box in the living room i told her it was a small dragon figurine....

but if there is a lot of breakage reports i have no choice but to risk the wrath of the wife and open it now to check in case there are issues. I scanned a few pages back doesn't seem like many folks have issue with breakage? thanks

It's very well packed - there should be an included wrench as the piece itself is bolted to a pressboard base through the bottom styro. Fig has supportive rolls of foam under the wings, is well wrapped, w. fitted styro. Far as I know there wasn't a lot of breakage, the few I've seen were cracked wings. Takes a bit of time to get it unwrapped.

That said, I'd want to check, even if I couldn't unwrap completely. It's possible (w. effort) to pull the whole styro package out, lift the top, and give a bit of a check without unbolting/unwrapping completely.

It is a great looking piece. Expensive but worth it (paint aside), my goal is to get the proto paint eventually. That's what sold me on this, that's really what I want.

Agree - fabulous piece. It's always great IMO when you've had a piece for a while and still find it amazing. Worth every penny IMO.

It's very well packed - there should be an included wrench as the piece itself is bolted to a pressboard base through the bottom styro. Fig has supportive rolls of foam under the wings, is well wrapped, w. fitted styro. Far as I know there wasn't a lot of breakage, the few I've seen were cracked wings. Takes a bit of time to get it unwrapped.

That said, I'd want to check, even if I couldn't unwrap completely. It's possible (w. effort) to pull the whole styro package out, lift the top, and give a bit of a check without unbolting/unwrapping completely.
My leg was cracked and it was missing a large spiny tip (was not in the box). It also needed a good dusting with brush and water to get the gold to shine as there was a slight white powder layer on everything.

Hello guys, I am happy I just got one. It's now in promo for 549 usd along with other stuff Smaug related. So under payment plan one can get it for 6 monthly payments of 91.50 usd. I picked also Smaug's treasure coins for 19,99 usd, I think it will look super cool the statue, the bust i already have and the coins. Tkx Weta.

Hello guys, I am happy I just got one. It's now in promo for 549 usd along with other stuff Smaug related. So under payment plan one can get it for 6 monthly payments of 91.50 usd. I picked also Smaug's treasure coins for 19,99 usd, I think it will look super cool the statue, the bust i already have and the coins. Tkx Weta.
Congrats, it is a very nice piece.

Shocked at current WETA sale price this hasn't sold out.

If the ES was a thousand or less vs 2000, this would have sold out long ago and have a higher secondary value...

Back