Premium Format Kylo Ren

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
never knew you were such a huge star wars fan dennis. that set up is what dreams are made of!

is the lifesize carbonite a custom or the one from Illusive Concept?

I bought a cast of the front off eBay last year for 450 and built the cabinet. Turned out pretty good at about 1/10 the cost. Even my wife thought it was cool :). Regarding the dust question. Pretty lucky that my basement doesn't collect a ton of dust and I use a combo of a swiffer sister and canned air to keep them pretty clean. Thanks for the comments, it certainly is my dream world :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought the Stuva was discontinued?

And they only came in white anyway.

There still going strong in the UK. Yes only in white, thankfully white was the route I went down

That's one awesome basement you have Dennis. Love those custom display shelves and the Han in carbonite looks fab.

Dennis.... everytime I see your set up.. I feel the urge to cry... its a thing of beauty! You can be very proud of that !! And I'm proud as well to see most of my pieces being part of it :)

Dennis.... everytime I see your set up.. I feel the urge to cry... its a thing of beauty! You can be very proud of that !! And I'm proud as well to see most of my pieces being part of it :)

Thanks, MYC! Your jawas and Yoda are just out of view on the other side shelves. I'm only missing the Revan, I think!

Thanks, MYC! Your jawas and Yoda are just out of view on the other side shelves. I'm only missing the Revan, I think!

Strange request:

Do you remember what color paint you used for your custom shelves? It looks like a great alternative to straight white or black/brown. I really like it.

Also, would you mind sharing how much this cost to do? I'm looking at building something similar eventually. Probably starting with a custom shelving unit for my 1/6 stuff, then bigger.

Strange request:

Do you remember what color paint you used for your custom shelves? It looks like a great alternative to straight white or black/brown. I really like it.

Also, would you mind sharing how much this cost to do? I'm looking at building something similar eventually. Probably starting with a custom shelving unit for my 1/6 stuff, then bigger.

I will look up the colors when I get home tonight. Kind of hard to assess the cost, as it was part of the full finishing of the basement. I've got about $20K in the basement all in. The key cost of the shelves was the drywall work. With each shelf, there's a ton of cutting and finishing, so the cost was definitely bumped up a bit. That's the only part I paid someone to do and glad I did it as it would've taken me a month. What could've been another very significant cost are the LED lights in the shelves and overhead. I found deals on yescomusa.com for their low profile LEDs that each come with a transformer. A couple of bucks for the small shelf ones and less than $10 per light for the large overhead ones. Saved me thousands in LED can light costs, as I've got nearly 90 LEDs throughout the basement. I'll also dig up the blue print for the recessed shelving build, as it was a pretty slick way to do it (can't take credit, I found it through a lot of google searching).

Strange request:

Paint colors

Trim 4005-2b high speed steel
Walls 4006-1c drizzling mist
Ceiling 4006-2c hematite

b7094f231a92606f2a44deb52731249e.jpg

Here's mine, i worked a lot on the fabric but still not fully satisfied haha 7PqB9Ol.jpg
#datcrossover

Anyone know how wide he is without the saber? I've got rey on preorder and am considering putting them in one besta.

Anyone know how wide he is without the saber? I've got rey on preorder and am considering putting them in one besta.

He fits really well in a Besta without his lightsaber. Otherwise, like others have posted...you have to move him to the far right side for his saber to fit. I took some pictures with a measuring tape and moved him as far to the side as I could. It leaves about 10'' of space. I'm not sure how wide the Rey PF is, but I think its probably going to be a tight fit :lecture

This is my first statue and I cant believe how great an impact it has over the 1/6 scale figs...loved the detailed base and helmet the most. I also have Iron Studios Vader on preorder...he was going to be my first but I caved in and got Kylo too :monkey3

Anyways... hope theses pictures help! :wave

kylo100.jpg

kylo101.jpg

kylo103.jpg

As luck would have it, I was in my basement measuring something and had my tape with me. So, if you want to display it without the saber but still facing sideways where you see the full spread of his arms, it's about 16 inches (tough to get a true measure, but close). If you turn him so he's facing more forward then your widest point appears to be the base, which is about 12 inches. Hope this helps.

Back