Sideshow ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm tempted to do some sort of height mod. I may be satisfied with a bit of arm and ummm, crotch padding...

A body swap with him would be a challenge...he has wires running in his belt around his back etc...was pretty hard futzing with him out of the box...

61D6FCA6-73C5-4BE9-A99B-6F3B440046BD_zpskjdb6epd.jpg

The arms are skinny and he's a bit tall.... That being said, I couldn't keep my eyes off of him. On his own the height is a non-issue and the arms don't matter at all when his cape obscures them. Super high quality in terms of detail, materials and packaging. Totally on par with HT. When posed as he is above it appears flawless.

Stunning! I cannot wait to get mine in a couple of months.... curse you flexpay!

Are the joints of the body tight? How posable is it?

Very, besides what you would assume to be slightly limited due to armor, etc. And the body is good and solid.

Can you get a pic next to your custom ANH Vader?

I will either tonight or tomorrow. I only looked at the two side by side once, and the New one didn't look that much taller than my modded one..... Though the ANH one was standing upright and the ESB/Jedi one was in the action pose.

The little things stand out to me. The body suit is in no way baggy. The gloves are a soft, pliable plastic and the details/ stitching like up perfect with the width of that on the body suit. The gloves/hands are just way nicer than the last version and look way more realistic when holding his saber. The hip gap thing that people noticed on some previous pics is not a factor when the tunic is placed correctly. The ankle articulation really opens up cool posing possibilities. The cape hangs very well. I want to mess around with the chain around his neck to get the collar of the cape to fit a bit more snug around the neck area of his helmet.... Anyway, just giving my general impressions.

The little things stand out to me. The body suit is in no way baggy. The gloves are a soft, pliable plastic and the details/ stitching like up perfect with the width of that on the body suit. The gloves/hands are just way nicer than the last version and look way more realistic when holding his saber. The hip gap thing that people noticed on some previous pics is not a factor when the tunic is placed correctly. The ankle articulation really opens up cool posing possibilities. The cape hangs very well. I want to mess around with the chain around his neck to get the collar of the cape to fit a bit more snug around the neck area of his helmet.... Anyway, just giving my general impressions.

After reading so many negative posts picking poor Vader apart it's great to finally read some positive views and see some great pictures.

Okay, so height is an issue, and one I find hard to understand after the ANH backlash, but at least the Dark Lord is too tall rather than too short. I'd rather have him more imposing than less so.

And just as I'm typing this I have the ESB Blu-ray playing with the commentary on. It's the final duel and Lucas just said:

I like this shot in particular. It's a big long-lens shot that Kersh did. Stacks everything up and makes Vader look huge and Luke look very small, very weak and Vader very powerful.

I'm sure this was addressed, but I haven't seen it, did they make a new body or use the older ANH one? I ask since folks are saying the height is basically the same.

Can anyone provide a picture of how the suit is attached onto the body? I know people are saying it'll be hard to swap bodies but how hard exactly? Heavily debating on getting this and keeping my DX07 but I can definitely see the height bothering me. Would like the option of swapping the body or maybe even just the leg pegs if that will help.

He looks great there Flosi! Thanks for posting the pic. How are the electronics on him? Where are the switches located for the lights on the belt/chest?

This is from the Rebelscum board. Doesn't show how suit is attached, but from the looks of it the arms and legs are thin. Don't know how they'd fit on another body?

Darth-Vader-Return-Of-The-Jedi-Sixth-Scale-Sideshow-Collectibles-018.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Back