ANH Luke

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Luke arrived yesterday and now I can chime in with my comments.

I''ll start from the top and work my way down.

Head sculpt looks much better in hand, hair is dark, but that's already been discuseed. Being a collector since the early 80's, this is to me at least, the best farmboy Luke head sculpt I have ever owned.

The tunic is what it is, already discussed, I can live with it, but if a replacement comes along , I'm buying it.

The pants are great and the leg wrappings are excellent, the boots are great as well.

The accessories are as usual amazing, I don't think the accessories dept gets as much credit as they are due. I have always been impressed by Sideshow accessories.

My major complaint is a tired one. The Buck body. I've been able to live with it , and never had a big issue with it till now.

My Luke has one leg that is considerably shorter than the other, more so than normal for the Buck. No only is it shorter, it has a extremely weak knee joint that makes it impossible to stand. I know I can return it to Sideshow , but I'm happy with the paint job of the head and not willing to risk getting a poorly painted one in exchange. I have a bunch of extra Bucks to swap bodies, but none are the short bodies.

Overal, I'm very pleased with this Luke, the buck body just pissed me off a bit, bt I'm sure I can eventually do a body swap.

That being said, i hope that this is the last of the Buck I see on the Star Wars figures.Thanks for letting me vent.

RIP Art S. Buck!
, you won't be missed.

For guys with issues with the legs/ankles, make sure the boots are all the way on the foot. Both my boots were not on all the way so he looked like he had a longer leg and couldn't stand on his own. I got the boots on all the way, he stands fine and the ankles are tight.

this might be a stupid question but i haven't seen anybody else ask it so here it goes. the hole for the head poncho isn't large enough for him to fit through. Has anybody else had this problem? Or are you suppose to take the head off to put it on?

this might be a stupid question but i haven't seen anybody else ask it so here it goes. the hole for the head poncho isn't large enough for him to fit through. Has anybody else had this problem? Or are you suppose to take the head off to put it on?

The hole on the poncho was certainly big enough for mine. Perhaps yours is flawed.

I remember one of the first complaints about Luke was the poncho hole being too small, so I was anticiapting that being a problem, but mine slipped over his head just fine.

Sculpt- 9.0
Paint- 7.0 (hair and eyes kept this lower)
Body- 5.0 (^^^^ the Buck)
Costuming- 6.5 (that damn tunic!)
Accessories- 8.5
Value- 6.0

Overall- 6.8

The awesome leggings weep at your score for costuming and the accessories are in outright revolt over an 8.5 (this easily was a 10 on this figure).... as for value.... :cuss

Me thinks thou dost protest too much. :rolleyes:

:D

I think the raitings for the buck body are WAY too hard. Good god its not that bad and the extras are a 10 belt or not.

:rotfl

It shouldn't be normal but it is...I often get a figure with one leg just a bit longer than the other.

I've gotten more than my fair share, even ones with two left or right feet! I've even got a few that had the worst case of arthritis,nothing like a hot bath to loosen up the joints. No wonder my wife thinks I'm crazy!:lol

Question: Does anybody know of any online retailers that have these in stock? I'm still waiting for my waitlist to convert and I'm growing impatient.

Its a bummer that there is no stormtrooper belt... but the shear volume and quality of accessories (to me) makes up for that. The rifle alone is badass :rock

Are any of the Hasbro ones (like maybe the VOTC) worth using?

Back