Action Figure Threezero 1:6 Bioshock: Big Daddy and Little Sister collectible figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got mine out of the box. Overall I'm happy with how it turned out. Huge fan of Bioshock 1 and I wasn't expecting anyone would tackle this in 1/6ish scale so I'm really glad to have him. Definitely a stronger than usual paint smell as mentioned by others.

Now will have to decide whether or not to get Subject Delta...

I was going to skip big daddy and go straight for subject delta but now I dont know. I might end up getting both

Mine arrived today! They look amazing in person, but the wrist peg on Big Daddy's hand snapped with very little pressure, so I need to fix that.

ua6iA7t.jpg

I just checked and if I open the detolf and get close to his shelf I can still smell paint, and if I touch the drill the smell stays on my fingers. I've had mine for almost a month and a half.

Yeah that's a very labored no from me then. Desperately love the series but smells like that get to me very easily. My T-51 aired out in front of my air filter for a few days and ended up good, but this sounds like a real lingering problem.

Yeah, it's a little irritating. I've considered selling but then I get to thinking there will probably never be another 1/6 Big Daddy by a different company.

How's the smell doing for early adopters?

The paint smell of mine has already dissipated quite a bit but is still present from about 6 inches to a foot away. I set mine outside in open air for a few hours. I think it will eventually be a total non issue. Mine also was a touch tacky in a couple spots too but it seems to have dried already. For me it did not transfer to my finger tips.

I left mine out overnight once and it didn't do much to help. Some might be worse than others but I'm not sure it'll ever go away. Blame it on whatever cheap paint and materials Threezero uses.

Very interesting guys, thanks for the input.

The T-51 had a strong odor for me but about a week in front of constant air flow with my air filter helped it clear up significantly.

My Titanfall pilot was strong but aired up on his own quickly. Couple of the magazines have the tackiness to them.

No problems with my GOT figs, though Ned's hands have the tackiness. I attribute that to the dark washes they use.

Nothing to report on Walter White.

I'll keep monitoring this I guess. I really want this for my game shelf, but if it doesn't dissipate then I'll just be satisfied with my NECA set, as it's fairly self contained.

The figure is full of fumes just as many here had reported... My figure has sticky paint all over it, which would account for the fume smells. It also rubs off just to the touch in many places. Some paint came off on the protective wrapping as pictured here. I am going to let it sit out for a couple of days, but I may actually consider returning this.

IMG_4788.jpg
IMG_4787.jpg

I wonder if there is significant batch variation? I just got mine recently from BBTS. Maybe the folks who received it earlier direct from 3Z got their figures while the paint was still drying. I love the figure but this is certainly something worth noting for any potential buyers.

I wonder if there is significant batch variation? I just got mine recently from BBTS. Maybe the folks who received it earlier direct from 3Z got their figures while the paint was still drying. I love the figure but this is certainly something worth noting for any potential buyers.

That is where I got mine from...BBTS.

Anyone ever thought of putting a sound chip on this thing. They have recordable small ones on ebay. I got some big daddy recordings on this website I found. I may take a crack at it..

Bend those pegs put so it has something to grab on to. I had the same issue. Bad design.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I heated the hands with a hair dryer to soften them up. Removed and put the open hand in with no problem. Nice and tight.. after it cooled down.

Back