Action Figure Kai Studio The Explorer Sculpt and Outfit

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
but metal rings looks so much better than a molded one with metallic paint. only issue is the most ive seen are not full ring but half so they clip onto the fingers. but if the material is soft i'm sure you can achieve a full ring. shouldn't be an issue with the gestures. only hands i see a problem would be closed fist ones.

also possible to do a side by side comparison of the naked TT19 vs bootleg copy? i know there are differences especially the articulation but i'm curious why because i though the bootleg was a clone copy.

can the TT19 close out the arms close to the body, and can the thighs move close to each other? the bootleg always suffer from the wide arm & leg stance. arms blocked by the body rubber while legs it's the area near the joint blocking.
I know but i would prefer the JW hands once they are out i will give them a try. I don't have the clone body but the ttm19 has the same issue only i modded mine so it doesn't have the arm problem. The legs on mine are different as they don't have thigh extenders. I cut the torso under the arms so it sit closer to the body. Plus the rubber on it is better and less stiff like the clone one, neck is also different.

I know but i would prefer the JW hands once they are out i will give them a try. I don't have the clone body but the ttm19 has the same issue only i modded mine so it doesn't have the arm problem. The legs on mine are different as they don't have thigh extenders. I cut the torso under the arms so it sit closer to the body. Plus the rubber on it is better and less stiff like the clone one, neck is also different.

imo the legs on the TT19 should be the same as the original bodies so the articulation should be high with or without the extenders. however the clone has limited closing range even without the extender so i don't think they actually cloned it fully.

imo the legs on the TT19 should be the same as the original bodies so the articulation should be high with or without the extenders. however the clone has limited closing range even without the extender so i don't think they actually cloned it fully.
My ttm19 isn't your regular one. It's actually a ht quicksilver body with the arms switched out. I modded it also like i said. I think the outfit is made for the KO body at least i believe it's what kai is using.

My ttm19 isn't your regular one. It's actually a ht quicksilver body with the arms switched out. I modded it also like i said. I think the outfit is made for the KO body at least i believe it's what kai is using.

no i'm saying despite the KO looks like TTM19, the articulation is somewhat limited and suffers from wide opening arms & legs. so i'm asking if anyone that has both can verify if the HT TTM19 also has such issue on the legs (since you mention yes for the arms). for most pose the limitation is not an issue but if you try to pose a soldier standing straight (something the oldest G.I Joe body can do) or some similar pose it'd be an issue.

coz right now all the dolls that are on the KO with rubber upper body has more or less similar pose.

right now there are 3 types of KO bodies:

1.The original narrow shoulder clone (ugly arm & knee joints)
2.Rubber torso & neck with ball joint arm & ugly knee joint
3.Plastic torso, neck with ball joint arm & ugly knee joint

The 1st seems to be an exact carbon copy of Hot Toys.

the 2nd & 3rd thighs have thicker design. the naked body it self can still close out pretty ok, however after wearing pants the fabric will block them so they end up with open legs.

for original narrow body design, you can add thigh enhancement part but they don't go above the crotch area so it doesn't block articulation. but for the common KO the thigh is too thick. i guess they did not take into account the pants when designing but we don't have much of a choice since they are the go to body.

for the arms, the plastic body can close out better than the rubber because the rubber torso actually blocks the arm movement.

Dipped the shirt for a 3rd time in dye. This time it's finally perfect in color. Added some weathering. One day i will take a better photo of him complete. View attachment 449437

Looks so much better!!! Great job man! I think I'm gonna pull the trigger and get one of these sets before they sell out, I need that sculpt and holster!

no i'm saying despite the KO looks like TTM19, the articulation is somewhat limited and suffers from wide opening arms & legs. so i'm asking if anyone that has both can verify if the HT TTM19 also has such issue on the legs (since you mention yes for the arms). for most pose the limitation is not an issue but if you try to pose a soldier standing straight (something the oldest G.I Joe body can do) or some similar pose it'd be an issue.

coz right now all the dolls that are on the KO with rubber upper body has more or less similar pose.

right now there are 3 types of KO bodies:

1.The original narrow shoulder clone (ugly arm & knee joints)
2.Rubber torso & neck with ball joint arm & ugly knee joint
3.Plastic torso, neck with ball joint arm & ugly knee joint

The 1st seems to be an exact carbon copy of Hot Toys.

the 2nd & 3rd thighs have thicker design. the naked body it self can still close out pretty ok, however after wearing pants the fabric will block them so they end up with open legs.

for original narrow body design, you can add thigh enhancement part but they don't go above the crotch area so it doesn't block articulation. but for the common KO the thigh is too thick. i guess they did not take into account the pants when designing but we don't have much of a choice since they are the go to body.

for the arms, the plastic body can close out better than the rubber because the rubber torso actually blocks the arm movement.
Ah ok i see what your saying. I actually might switch the arms out to a pair of tony stark arms I'm having repainted by Silentsurfer. The proportion of the biceps are better then the regular ttm19 they are closer to Nathan drake's body type, not that it's to important but why not you know. Once i get the sculpt and CC toys figure i will make something completely awesome.

There is a another older set if anyone is looking for alternatives called ''The Adventurer''.

ta1a-528x668.jpg

Sculpt should ship soon probably at the end of the month or so. Which is a must for me atm.

Yeah the set will be out this month. I also was told the outfit will be weathered so i want to ger that now. Here is some final images of the sculpt. Looks awesome. 71027186_3392678957464205_6730480191128207360_o.jpg70513772_3392678747464226_5745291977067331584_o.jpg70167329_3392678847464216_7223597334980984832_o.jpg

Just saw these on Instagram from a collector i follow the final product man this looks amazing the outfit will come weathered he will also include a gun and boots definitely worth buying. Screenshot_2019-09-22-07-50-42~2.jpgScreenshot_2019-09-22-07-50-56~2.jpg

Back