1/6th Scale Sideshow Boba Fett Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is SS still plagued with loose body's and such? (have not gotten a SS fig in a while) I hope Fett is worth the $. It seems they're charging HT prices, but i kinda doubt they're in that quality range yet.

Thoughts?

If it turns out close to the proto, i'll definitely be happy.

6149587110_5b47ceb30d_z.jpg

Is SS still plagued with loose body's and such? (have not gotten a SS fig in a while) I hope Fett is worth the $. It seems they're charging HT prices, but i kinda doubt they're in that quality range yet.

Thoughts?

They both have their pros and cons. But for what I am looking for in a figure...Sideshow matches or beats Hot Toys.

Thoughts?

I used to hate Sideshow bodies before as well, but everything I've bought from them recently hasn't had any issues like that so far. Joints are much better and hold poses very well. I think Boba Fett will be well worth it.

Less than 2 months to go for SS's Boba. It took them 5 years after Medicom did their first to finally get one up.

I expect(hope) to be wowed!

It is sure it'll be one of the best SSC figure so far.

I'm sure:
1) The initial in-hand pics from overseas will look terrible causing a panic and many curses to be lobbed at Sideshow.
2) Later in-hand pictures will look much better and those that canceled will post about regretting their decision.
3) Some inaccuracies and/or damaged figures will be found causing a 2nd wave of curses and cancelations.
4) Overall most people will be pleased with the figure and the fervor will die down.
5) The Exclusive will end up being worth a lot more than the regular even though everyone knows the base is stupid.

I'm sure:
1) The initial in-hand pics from overseas will look terrible causing a panic and many curses to be lobbed at Sideshow.
2) Later in-hand pictures will look much better and those that canceled will post about regretting their decision.
3) Some inaccuracies and/or damaged figures will be found causing a 2nd wave of curses and cancelations.
4) Overall most people will be pleased with the figure and the fervor will die down.
5) The Exclusive will end up being worth a lot more than the regular even though everyone knows the base is stupid.

LOL

I dunno man. Vader really didn't have any of that except the dome freakers.(i think most were pleased with Vader) This figure has GOT to be like Vader and just as good if not better than the Medicom because of the price tag.

If you ask me SS has their reputation in the 1/6 dept. hanging on this. (but i have not gotten a figure since Vader so i don't know how SS is doing in that category. They are charging HT prices so i want that kinda quality...I don't think the light up base is that much more :))

Yeah, Vader got dinged a bit on the helmet and then the height (which were both legitimate, but minor) but I think part of that is there is little obvious paint work on him.

Whereas with Boba we have a pretty complicated paint scheme that could send people into a frenzy. After getting Gree and seeing how nice the helmet turned out on him I'm pretty confident Sideshow can pull this off... but Sideshow is always a bit of a wild card when it comes to the final product :lol

Sure... since it never happens with $300 statues like the Rogue PF :lol

Still I'm confident, but even if its a great figure I think Boba fans are rabid enough to have something to be pissed off about :huh

Sure... since it never happens with $300 statues like the Rogue PF :lol

Still I'm confident, but even if its a great figure I think Boba fans are rabid enough to have something to be pissed off about :huh

Yeah, but i mean c'mon. They've been working with HT and collaborating with em for how long? Has Medicom? NO!(and they put out a decent product..overpriced as hell but a good product) SS should have the inside track here. There comes a point where it is SS just cheapening out, or learning and improving their game and giving the customer what it wants. If you're gonna charge HT prices you gotta deliver, this isn't 2006.

I want SS to deliver a great boba on par with the Medi or better. But unlike you i'm not "confident". I guess a better would would be hopeful. ( i think if it's like the proto i will be more than happy)

After getting the Dewback and Sandie I would be surprised if the Boba is a let down. From going with the pics at the moment it "seems" as if SS Boba is a winner over the Medi. (Marmit doesn't come into it for me, no point discussing it as I am not interested. :D)

Its a bit like reviewing a movie you haven't seen. (You have just watched the trailer)

That's a impressive looking figure. I think like Vader some people will have their issues but overall it will kick ass like Vader did. For me personally I have no doubts that this will be the best Boba figure by miles.

Back