Gas prices in California...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmm....I have to fill up 3x a week, but I'm not _____ing about the gas. The prices suck, but I can't exactly stop driving to work. Make appropriate cuts somewhere.

The point is, it's getting old!! I'm tired of padding other people's pocket over something that cost a 25 cents a gallon 50 years ago. With technology the way it is now, it should be eaiser to refine it and or have other means ( cheaper) of fuel. IMO its time to quit relying on other nations for fuel, and start drilling our own or do something!

You have a point to a certain point, I do a LOT of driving everyday. There are some weeks that I use THREE tanks of gas, I drive a F-150, I have to carry materials to the job. Right now it's about $80 to fill up, but the problem is that in my line of work you cannot request pay raise to make up for the extra expense on gas, because the people that we work for will find someone else to do the work cheaper. When your monthly gas bill is higher than you rent, electric and water, it's a bit overwhelming and frustrating.

Wow, sorry to hear that bro.
At least you've got an income and still making the ends meet. :clap

Wow, sorry to hear that bro.
At least you've got an income and still making the ends meet. :clap

I'm very greatful for what I have!! I also have put alot into what I have mentally and physically! I'm a worker! It's taken me a long time to be good at what I do, I was taught that you reap the rewards of your efforts. How sad it would be to teach my kid that, " with a lot of time, hard work, and giving it everything you got, you son will be able to keep your gas tank full!" lol Nonsence!

Count yourselves lucky.

Like Jesper said it's mental in Europe.

Here in the UK I'm paying £6.03 per gallon petrol...or approximately $9.35

Which is ludicrous.

If you want diesel then that's at £6.53 a gallon or $10.11

Neil

Understandable but they public transportation system in the States sucks compare to over there. It's redicilous gas is this high, but they don't care. They have free reign to screw us all while nothing is regulated. Just wait, because if the US goes into Iran, I'm dead sure gas will go even higher while the rich will be the only ones driving while we pay all of their taxes.

Understandable but they public transportation system in the States sucks compare to over there. It's redicilous gas is this high, but they don't care. They have free reign to screw us all while nothing is regulated. Just wait, because if the US goes into Iran, I'm dead sure gas will go even higher while the rich will be the only ones driving while we pay all of their taxes.

I'm not rich and I will still be driving. :dunno

You guys pay less then what we pay in canada.. and im in Alberta oil capital. What's stupied for us is we dig up the oil and ship it to get refined in the US in texas... and sell it back to us! LAME.

we are paying 1.2 a liter ! 1.2X3.78

$4.29 for me. Although that was a week ago. I have to fill up this weekend. Either way I know what's happening this summer:

tumblr_lzt6qroSpK1qexbgmo1_500.jpg

The point is, it's getting old!! I'm tired of padding other people's pocket over something that cost a 25 cents a gallon 50 years ago. With technology the way it is now, it should be eaiser to refine it and or have other means ( cheaper) of fuel. IMO its time to quit relying on other nations for fuel, and start drilling our own or do something!

It is getting old. I would rather them just keep it at $4.00 a gallon instead of the roller coaster of prices. Other's around the world have been paying more than double we do for many years now. I'm not going to start telling people to get a hybrid or stop doing this/that, but I agree with Badmoon that people should find ways to cut back instead of just complaining about the gas prices. I drive 3 hours round trip for work, and a good % of my $$ is in my gas tank so I definitely know how you guys feel about the prices.

I am happy to complain about the cost of gas and it has zero to do with any kind of a sense of entitlement. I simply believe that it is the correct thing to do to make anyone who wants to take my money justify every cent...

except Sideshow...they can take whatever they want for my Star Wars and GI Joe figures without any justification whatsoever.

:monkey3:)

Time to start taking the bus and light rail again....

Wonder what moron in the senate will start talking about cutting the gasoline tax first not grasping the concept that the cut would immediately be absorbed by an increase in profits by the corporations.

Really the worst thing about gas prices anywhere in the world is that noones government can do anything about the prices. Oil is traded in a global market governments have zero say in how much oil can be sold for and when you get someone like Newt saying he'll get it down to 2.50 a gallon he's just banking on people's lack of knowledge on the subject.

Also studies show that if the US drilled everywhere they wanted on and off shore that the price of gas would decrease by $0.03 at the most so that is not the answer either. We do need to come up with something though because I do not want to work just to have gas in my car.

Maybe it's time to start shredding your own cheese. :dunno

I do most of the time, my kid had put in the basket and I didn't realize it until it was to late. He no longer will go shopping with me anymore, he hasn't always lived with me and where he used to live they didn't pay for their grocerys with their own money, if you catch my drift. I've had to explain to him that we pay for our own food and we have a budget for that food. Don't think he gets it though, just gotta keep trying till it sticks.

I always wanted one but my fear of dying prevents me from ever buying one :monkey2

Same here. I'm pretty sure I would be dead within a week of me getting a motorcycle.

Was in Hollywood yesterday and paid like $4.13/gallon at an Arco (with Cash, it's the cheapest)

Back