The studio ADI Collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The SS 1/3 scale maquette was $800 The P1 is $1799.

One could concur that the same rationale of price would apply.

What justifies over double the price difference between the SS and the P1?

Wow, you are just grasping at straws now. You can't compare prices of those 2, that piece was priced over 10 years ago and would be about the same as the P1 if released today.

The SS 1/3 scale maquette was $800 The P1 is $1799.

One could concur that the same rationale of price would apply.

What justifies over double the price difference between the SS and the P1?

Come on now, the Sideshow Dog released over a decade ago. The average PF back then was $300 or less compared to $7-800 now. That and the Prime 1 version is a heck of a lot better imo. It's silly to compare the prices on those two pieces in any rational manner.

Unless you'd like to explain the even greater price difference between that and the current ADI version?

I actually really like the ADI version, even more then the Coolprops, but just can’t justify the absolutely ridiculous price. Lol

The SS is crap.

Still a more accurate overall reference than the P1:)

It's silly to compare the prices on those two pieces in any rational manner.

Unless you'd like to explain the even greater price difference between that and the current ADI version?

Manufactured overseas for SS, by less skilled factory workers (to maximize the profit margin) with lesser materials vs. in house ADI PFX artists,materials etc...to keep the quality of the actual maquette you receive, consistent to the original maquettes.

Hating on the ADI maquette just because of the price difference is not rational,it's just silly. My preference has nothing to do with the pricing,it's all about the art of the actual ADI A3 design. That's my "rational" :wink1:

Manufactured overseas for SS, by less skilled factory workers (to maximize the profit margin) with lesser materials vs. in house ADI PFX artists,materials etc...to keep the quality of the actual maquette you receive, consistent to the original maquettes.

Hating on the ADI maquette just because of the price difference is not rational,it's just silly. My preference has nothing to do with the pricing,it's all about the art of the actual ADI A3 design. That's my "rational" :wink1:

Producing it in the US does not increase the price by 4X, and nobody is "hating on it", we are just hating on the inflated price tag.

If you think the decade old Sideshow dog alien maquette is more accurate than the Prime 1, you seriously need to get your eyes checked. The head alone is a massive improvement.

It's obvious that the only person "hating on" a statue is you hating the P1 for offering a similar quality piece to the ADI at a substantially lower price (which is still higher than many collectors can afford, and yes, affordability does matter).

Where have I hated on it? I love it as I've said many times. I just prefer the Prime 1 version myself is all. Which is good because I can't afford the ADI version even if I could justify the price to myself. We all get it loud and clear that you really.... REALLY love this, but you're really stretching and taking things a bit too far to the point where it's becoming tedious which I'm sure isn't your intention. Let's just appreciate that both are awesome in different ways, and I sincerely hope you get the one you want.

If you think the decade old Sideshow dog alien maquette is more accurate than the Prime 1, you seriously need to get your eyes checked. The head alone is a massive improvement.

It's obvious that the only person "hating on" a statue is you hating the P1 for offering a similar quality piece to the ADI at a substantially lower price (which is still higher than many collectors can afford, and yes, affordability does matter).

The head on the P1 is not the head design for the 1/3 scale maquette body. You obviously are clueless about the differences and it shows.

Where have I hated on it? I love it as I've said many times. I just prefer the Prime 1 version myself is all. Which is good because I can't afford the ADI version even if I could justify the price to myself. We all get it loud and clear that you really.... REALLY love this, but you're really stretching and taking things a bit too far to the point where it's becoming tedious which I'm sure isn't your intention. Let's just appreciate that both are awesome in different ways, and I sincerely hope you get the one you want.

What's tedious, are the lame made up assumptions by P1 "pushers" who don't even know anything about the actual ADI design and didn't even know these where made in the US and probably never heard of ADI before these pieces where made available😉

And for the record,for those who like to make lame **** up, I work in the field of commercial photography.I don't work for ADI of have any business affiliation or connection to them. In fact,I live on the complete opposite end of the country from where ADI is located!

I'm just a fan of their work,especially the A3 Alien designs.So you can squash that conspiracy crap,lamers😀

The head on the P1 is not the head design for the 1/3 scale maquette body. You obviously are clueless about the differences and it shows.

The P1 dog alien is not a prop replica of the ADI 1/3 maquette, it's a statue based on the creature shown in Alien 3. That includes design influences from the 1/3 maquette AND lifesize hero suit/head. I own a lifesize bust of the dog alien head, and the P1 head matches it very well.

But go ahead, keep on acting as though everyone is blind and clueless except you.

The funny part is that literally no one is calling the ADI one bad; we all agree that it's great, just really expensive.

The funny part is that literally no one is calling the ADI one bad; we all agree that it's great, just really expensive.

I don’t understand why all the fighting. Just because the Prime1 piece is better in every way it doesn’t mean people should be arguing about it.

FRAG OUT!!

Back