Rene Belloq 12" figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
t's nice to see someone else's Belloq up. Maybe its the angle, but your jacket sure looks like it fits better than mine.

Yeah, maybe you did get a dud. Kinda weird that the first person to get pics up, got a weird fitting coat, but mine's up higher around the neck than yours, and can still button up without pinching under the armpits like yours.

Sorry, mate.

I think it's the snap placement on yours. On mine, it's mostly centered vertically between the two buttons, maybe a little bit towards the top, but on yours it's almost right below the top button. It really does change the look. I'd give SS a call.

That's good to know -- thanks! Maybe if more come out like yours I'll definitely call them and get a new jacket.

My snap is right below where the top button is. I did see that I could pinch the jacket closed better if the snap was lower -- as you say, more in the center between the two buttons or even at the second button.

Belloq1stFUTZ4.jpg

But I didn't want to re-sew the snap today, and I wasn't sure the jacket would still look 'closed' correctly (meaning buttons looking like they were closing the jacket). Figured I'd just try the open jacket look for the Dig Site just to see.

Now of course I'm torn: keep the custom Dig Site look, or try and get the figure that I ordered.

We'll see as more pics present themselves.

WOW...Im glad I cancelled this, however, Im saddened by the outcome of this figure. SS Belloq looks nothing like the actor, he has a big head, not to mention the body, the actor is so slim, but the body (maybe because of the suit) looks thick...All in all, its a bust by SSC, I just hope they don't kill Toht...

I got him today too. I think the jacket is a tad too tight, but I can close the jacket, and with some adjustments it can look like the figure on the box. The material of the suit is great and the hat is a good sculpt. The hair needs to be grayer - but I can live with the sculpt. No problems with the body either, it looks good and isn't loose at all.

It is rather disappointing that the shirt and tie are wrong, but I like Wor-Gar's adjustments - I'll probably do that with mine as well.

But the temple pedestal is fantastic, the sculpted moss looks real. And the metal idol weighs a ton!

edit:
The shirt and tie aren't that wrong - he's not based on the cafe scene, but a later scene on the island. He has the white shirt (although it seems to have stripes) and this shorter tie. The last movie photo on the back of the box shows this.

Last edited:
I've tried so hard to find a reason to buy this figure and I just can't. The sculpt isn't good enough, the clothes aren't well tailored enough, and the outfit lacks visual interest. I'm not interested in the pedestal so that's definitely it. If only they'd done Bellow in his Ceremonial outfit I would have got it.

That's good to know -- thanks! Maybe if more come out like yours I'll definitely call them and get a new jacket.

My snap is right below where the top button is. I did see that I could pinch the jacket closed better if the snap was lower -- as you say, more in the center between the two buttons or even at the second button.

Belloq1stFUTZ4.jpg

But I didn't want to re-sew the snap today, and I wasn't sure the jacket would still look 'closed' correctly (meaning buttons looking like they were closing the jacket). Figured I'd just try the open jacket look for the Dig Site just to see.

Now of course I'm torn: keep the custom Dig Site look, or try and get the figure that I ordered.

We'll see as more pics present themselves.

Keep the dig site look. It looks much more like the character from the film and not just some radom guy in the suit imho.

Now that looks like a $90 figure. Good work. :rock

Belloqcomparebarvsdig1.jpg

I think the sculpt is actually pretty good too.

Hear, here! That's EXACTLY how I want my belloq to look. No white shirt with short tie and oversized collar. powder blue shirt and jacket open for sure! That looks GREAT Wor-Gar! :gun

P.S., do you have a close-up of the kerchief? I'd love to see what it looks like tied around his neck and what the pattern is...I have to go to a fabric shop to try to find something similar...

Man, those are some high waisted pants... pretty dissapointing figure. Don't feel bad about canceling.

Pants from that period were pretty high waisted, Indy's to a lesser extent, but that's no excuse why mine are! Anyway, poor quality is another matter and I think suits of earlier eras need that extra attention to detail and craftsmanship lest you get crap, particularly in light colored material that shows crap much easier. I wanted to cancel up to the last minute but saw the UPS email and it was too late. Oh well, the idol base better be worth it.

Wor-Gar,

I think you nailed it with the Dig-Site look. It's much more of an iconic Belloq look. I have an idea regarding the open jacket. How are the buttons attached? Are they just glued? If so, maybe the could be moved to the other side of the jacket? Also, why not use a small powerful magnet (like the ones SS uses for holster flaps, etc.) to keep the jacket closed?

Last, where did you find the rolled map and watch? I'd like to have one for the Belloq I'm going to modify based on yours. Thanks.

I was already pre-authed for the exclusive but managed to cancel it yesterday. That figure is such a huge disappointment for me, that not even the idol environment could save it. I'm just not seeing Belloq in the sculpt and I don't like the fit & finish of the outfit.

On the positive side, the idol enviro looks fantastic.

I'm just not going to pay 150+ for simply the enviro.

Wor-Gar, stick to your custom suit as well. That blows away the tight fitting one from SS.

Thanks again for all the positive feedback on the Dig Site Belloq. :)

Darklord -- I'd love to see a picture of your Belloq. Your the second person to say that the suit fits when closed, so maybe I just got a problem jacket.

Last, where did you find the rolled map and watch? I'd like to have one for the Belloq I'm going to modify based on yours. Thanks.

The map was from an old Dragon German figure a long time ago, I'm not sure which one as I built this Belloq in 2000 and then upgrade some things in 2004. Same with the watch -- I used the face from one (repainted) and the brown band from another, so its a bash.

But check Monkey Depot or sites like that and search "map" and "watch". Also, for the map, you probably could Google 'maps' and simply print out one you like.

Wor-Gar, stick to your custom suit as well. That blows away the tight fitting one from SS.

Just to highlight this a bit more. Mine was not tight fitting. Until we get more people receiving theirs, we don't know if the snap was placed correctly on mine or Wor-Gar's. Though I'd assume Wor-Gar's was incorrect, unfortunately.

Let's not cause a panic/mass cancellation due to someone getting a 'defective' figure.

even with all the negitive talk ... im looking forward in getting this figure with only 1000 EX i think there will be more people that wish they got him .... the figure might be a little off but ... if you soke the suit it should fit just fine ...

i found when i soked the close from SS that they will get a little bigger after they dry

I'm really looking forward to my Belloq too. I think he looks pretty good from the pics Wor Gar has shown. I'm not too bothered by the tight jacket--seems like an easy enough fix.

I would be a little afraid of wetting the jacket since it might shrink even more!

Let's not cause a panic/mass cancellation due to someone getting a 'defective' figure.

Agreed. I'm pretty sure I got a bad suit jacket, that's all.

I never thought to soak the whole suit -- never knew the suit would get 'larger'. But I suppose I could try that on the jacket to see if I can get a slightly larger size.

I most likely will, but for some reason I'm determined to solve my tight-jacket issue anyway. Just to conquere it I guess.

Here's a better pic of the Dig Site Belloq in daylight:

BelloqDig5nosnap.jpg

Anyone got a solution for the high-waisted pants? I think I could fold them over once and that would help alot -- but you'd lose the belt loops (not that you even see them anyway). They work fine with jacket closed, but they're a bit high when left open.

Last edited:
I'm really looking forward to my Belloq too. I think he looks pretty good from the pics Wor Gar has shown. I'm not too bothered by the tight jacket--seems like an easy enough fix.

I would be a little afraid of wetting the jacket since it might shrink even more!

cold water ... and let it air dry ... i did this on my starwars Jedi robes ... works great ... on the first one a little to good ... the Jedi Luke was too long after i soke it for a wile ... cold water sweaze all the water out and left it air dry .. i would tug on the tight spots and should be good to go

Anyone got a solution for the high-waisted pants? I think I could fold them over once and that would help alot -- but you'd lose the belt loops (not that you even see them anyway). They work fine with jacket closed, but they're a bit high when left open.

How about if you fold his pant cuffs and then pull his pants down some. Would that work?

Or would it look ghetto with the crotch of his pants hanging so low?

How about if you fold his pant cuffs and then pull his pants down some. Would that work?

Or would it look ghetto with the crotch of his pants hanging so low?

I did that already, those pics have the cuffs folded under and ironed. His pants are really long otherwise.

But yes, if you pull the pants down further -- which I tried -- he has serious Ghetto Crotch. :lol

I'm going to try to wet the pants and pinch/shape to see if I can hide the extended length amidst wrinkles.

I think people are judging Belloq based on mine, so I want to put some issues to rest -- here's the GOOD and BAD on the figure:

Head sculpt: Good enough likeness in hand, correct eye color, he looks like Belloq who has a pretty nondescript face to begin with. Bad -- the hair could be grayer, but you don't notice so much with the hat on.

Jacket: Great material and completely accurate. The only bad on mine is the placement of the snap.

Pants: Nicely made with real pockets. Bad -- too long so they have to be folded under and the high waist looks odd, but its meant to be covered.

Shirt: well tailored and tight. Bad collar, too big and wrong color for Belloq.

Tie: this is the single biggest loser here. Nothing positive to say really, other than it works if you're not picky about accuracy.

Shoes: GREAT!

Hat: great sculpt. Bad -- yours might need to be re-heated if it got tweaked in the box like mine. Also, the band is a bit sloppy on mine (not even).

Belt: its OK. Nice that its suede. But the buckle tends to stick out if its placed right over the pant's snap.

Machine gun and watch: very nicely done. No problems with either really. Gun has a working slide and a working shoulder extension. Watch has a real metal chain and clip (for the belt loop). The watch face itself if OK. I could have sworn Belloq's watch was gold in the movie though. Maybe not.

Pro body: I didn't address this before, but my Pro is terrific; holds a pose well and not too tight or too loose. The only bad is the feet are tighter than the thighs, so I have to hold the legs to turn the feet otherwise the whole leg will twist and place the knees in odd directions. Hands, feet and head are easily removable.

OK, so I hope that helps everyone to have better expectations. Of course, this is just based on mine.

Nice recap, WG. I can't wait to get mine.

I think people are judging Belloq based on mine, so I want to put some issues to rest -- here's the GOOD and BAD on the figure:

Head sculpt: Good enough likeness in hand, correct eye color, he looks like Belloq who has a pretty nondescript face to begin with. Bad -- the hair could be grayer, but you don't notice so much with the hat on.

Jacket: Great material and completely accurate. The only bad on mine is the placement of the snap.

Pants: Nicely made with real pockets. Bad -- too long so they have to be folded under and the high waist looks odd, but its meant to be covered.

Shirt: well tailored and tight. Bad collar, too big and wrong color for Belloq.

Tie: this is the single biggest loser here. Nothing positive to say really, other than it works if you're not picky about accuracy.

Shoes: GREAT!

Hat: great sculpt. Bad -- yours might need to be re-heated if it got tweaked in the box like mine. Also, the band is a bit sloppy on mine (not even).

Belt: its OK. Nice that its suede. But the buckle tends to stick out if its placed right over the pant's snap.

Machine gun and watch: very nicely done. No problems with either really. Gun has a working slide and a working shoulder extension. Watch has a real metal chain and clip (for the belt loop). The watch face itself if OK. I could have sworn Belloq's watch was gold in the movie though. Maybe not.

Pro body: I didn't address this before, but my Pro is terrific; holds a pose well and not too tight or too loose. The only bad is the feet are tighter than the thighs, so I have to hold the legs to turn the feet otherwise the whole leg will twist and place the knees in odd directions. Hands, feet and head are easily removable.

OK, so I hope that helps everyone to have better expectations. Of course, this is just based on mine.

Back