Sideshow Darth Maul Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He's up, $240 and no outer robes or additional accessories that came with the original. Exclusive is the cut in half hilt, but just the hilt as the blades are swappable this time around.

He looks great, but a pretty bare-bones release.

Luke Pilot pricing is forever....

star-wars-dart-maul-sixth-scale-100156-06.jpg

star-wars-dart-maul-sixth-scale-100156-11.jpg

maul_zpsny3fwrcg.jpg

Head sculpt looks great, love the paint work around the eyes and the semi-translucent look... don't like the cut grooves into the face though, but at least that should lead to a very clean final product versus the original where the stencil was often off.

That head does look awesome! But really light on accessories.

Also noted that they list the body as "Fully articulated body", no name. Is this the new body that will replace the Prometheus?

Figure looks amazing, but $240!! :gah: Someone at Sideshow's been scoring way too much medical marijuana and using it while at work.. :lol It doesn't even come with squat! After all the issues with Jango who was $220 and came with tons of accessories this is a joke. Even they're deluxe Vader was $250, only $10 more with tons of accessories and light up features..Not only have SS raised it's prices, they've made them higher than Hot Toys. How in the world do they think people would spend more on this than HT's Kylo Ren?? Unbelievable... It's gonna take a long time to consider justifying this for me :slap

I think the new bodies might have the same issue with the arms not being able to lay flat against the sides of the torso, but we'll know more when Luke shows up.

It's a great looking figure, I just don't see where the price comes from other than the Disney ownership and Hot Toys market prices. HT charges this for bare bones figures but usually the outfit or something is a bit beyond basic where it feels somewhat justified.

While this figure is much improved over the original, it's not complicated or detailed, where is the value? I have like $40 in rewards that could knock this down but man is that price hard to swallow.

Holy hell.. It looks amazing but seriously?? No cloak? That's a given! Anywhere we can petition this..? And at $240.. The ten year old $60 maul had a cloak and multiple lightsabers. This is lazy.

The only way I can rationalize this is that I got most of my collection at huge discounts second hand.

But now that the initial shock is gone, I think sideshow looked at Hot Toys' Kylo Ren and thought lets do that, but $15 more because why not..

Not sure I need this for the price. Look what Dead Pool comes with, then look at this. Hmm.. still awesome!

I usually only PO when there is an exclusive, but Sideshow either plays games lately or has lot's of cancellations. The Jango exclusive went to wait list pretty quickly, then they added the NRD, and right after charging notices all of a sudden the exclusive was back up for pre-order/purchase, and weeks after release it's still available. I should've cancelled and used a $20 coupon... Let's see if they pull the same stunt with C-3PO... All of a sudden the exclusive will be back up after they start shipping.

I usually only PO when there is an exclusive, but Sideshow either plays games lately or has lot's of cancellations. The Jango exclusive went to wait list pretty quickly, then they added the NRD, and right after charging notices all of a sudden the exclusive was back up for pre-order/purchase, and weeks after release it's still available.

That's prob because everyone cancelled after initial impressions :lol

$240? Why? There's nothing to this figure! I have to believe Hot Toys will do him eventually because I REALLY want a Maul.

Back