1/6 Toys Works - Spiritual Leader (Morpheus)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Excellent work on that pistol.

I know this has been a crazy amount of work, but after this are you going to consider a pair of Agent Smith glasses and a set for Trinity?

Thanks guys. Here we go.

In all photos each left and right is the same pair of glasses, different lighting. Thre glasses are in the same order top to bottom in all photos and the video.

The most recent mirrored pair is top, and the two new ones are middle and bottom.

My observations:

- the top pair has the smoothest surface and least distorted reflection. But the mirror finish has a bit of a haze to it which is inherent in the material and so is not able to be improved. This makes rejecting of actual objects difficult unless right in front of the lens.

-the middle pair is the absolute most reflective. The reflection is VERY clear but the reflection is ever so slightly distorted. In the video you can clearly make out my phone and blue shirt.

- the bottom pair is essentially identical to the middle but the overall coloring is simply darker. This leaves it looking darker in general despite lighting changes.

440ccfead8b653769fdffc986aaf75b1.jpg
7cedad3d5fcba5d82408f23315160d31.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Excellent work, DoggieDoc!!

I think your latest set, the darker mirrored one, is my recommendation (or selection).

In the video, you can still make out a reflection but the dark shading looks like what we see in the films.

Great work - and FAST!

I agree with FAF... I think the dark mirrored comes closest to matching ALL the variants in the film -- it looks dark like Morpheus' glasses did most of the time yet still has the high reflectivity when you look close. I notice the image in the dark mirror is a little scattered, but I think it still works.

The other two mirrored versions just seem too chrome in many situations.

I have to say THANK YOU for really going the extra mile on this project... and for giving us all a peek into what you do. This has really helped in giving us the confidence that we have the best option out there.

Great work - and FAST!

I agree with FAF... I think the dark mirrored comes closest to matching ALL the variants in the film -- it looks dark like Morpheus' glasses did most of the time yet still has the high reflectivity when you look close. I notice the image in the dark mirror is a little scattered, but I think it still works.

The other two mirrored versions just seem too chrome in many situations.

I have to say THANK YOU for really going the extra mile on this project... and for giving us all a peek into what you do. This has really helped in giving us the confidence that we have the best option out there.
Thanks everyone. It's been an interesting project and I always enjoy sharing WIP.

Yes both the silver chrome and dark chrome are highly reflective and slightly distorted when it comes to reflections, but the reflections are much clearer than the top pair.

Considering the techniques are similar just with different materials I may offer a finishing option. Hahhaa never fun keeping track of everything though so we'll see. Although my canvass of opinions has had favorable responses for each version the darker version so far has more votes.

What do you like the best... since you actually have them in hand?

If you ask me, I think the dark one is the best. As you said it has that good mix of not looking TOO shiny, but still offering the reflectivity.

Now, being who I am.... I have TWO MORE materials ordered that I just HAVE to try. They will be here by this week so I will hopefully have additional results within a week. I hope this is getting old, haha.

I am super happy with these current results yet I feel like I might be able to do even better.

I just found out about this figure and it seems its nowhere to be found. any help finding one for a decent price?

would this be v4 and v5 glasses we're going on now? [emoji38]

Can't wait to see what else you got in that trick hat of yours.
Something like that[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23].

Im very excited about the materials coming in. I might just have it... but we'll have to wait and see.

Ok this is it. This is THE material,I believe.

Ignore they VERY crude nature. I was just running a test.

The mirroring is perfect. You can clearly make out my finger, my phone camera flash... it even reflects his own face if you look at an extreme enough angle... it's perfect. And depending on lighting they are dark and light. These are essentially the same as the first mirrored one I did but now with perfect mirroring.

I'm organizing some production stuff sho I can get perfect cut edges on thre materials and figure out assembly of the nose piece but this is IT!

6f5a77992934aa15dbd9a04794fabd37.jpg
3ac155269e20767438d32e6cb498b345.jpg

Thanks guys. Doing some tests on Friday so hopefully something finished to show by the weekend.

Back