1/6 Toys Works - Spiritual Leader (Morpheus)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like them, so far. Definitely needs more polishing on the lenses. The mirrored effect is a must.

ijUMdVWrjjkJBy4gCmcRdP-1200-80.jpg

Yeah, they appear to be a black mirror finish too as opposed to an actual mirror finish, if that makes sense. But I have no idea what's possible at the scale.

Shape looks great! Would like a little more mirror finish like he said.

I like them, so far. Definitely needs more polishing on the lenses. The mirrored effect is a must.

View attachment 483360

Yeah, they appear to be a black mirror finish too as opposed to an actual mirror finish, if that makes sense. But I have no idea what's possible at the scale.

Yeah I'm not really a fan of the bright silver either. If a mirror finish isn't possible then I'd prefer just a very shiny and polished black.

Hey, guys. I am going to update the prototypes. My original mirror finish got dulled pretty badly when I did a clear coat, which I wasn't expecting. I shouldn't have posted the photos.

From what I can tell in the film they truly are a silver mirror finish. However I will do both a silver mirror and gloss black. Side by side photos will follow. Hang tight and let's decide what works best.

Here are the updated Morpheus glasses prototypes.

The first version was too dull. These two prototypes are a plain gloss black and a mirrored black. Thoughts? I think mirrored black looks best.
f5af4715bb19d0322c77a8aa8fe1e9cb.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

They both look great, DoggieDoc!

I'm leaning towards the mirrored black but would be happy with the glossy black as well.
Thanks! Waiting to hear other opinions.

And just fyi on pricing these will be cheaper than normal given the production needs. They don't have nearly the fabrication annoyances that the Neo glasses did...oof.

Both gloss black and mirror black are very similar in terms of production. I may try one more finish but I'm quite happy with both of these. Im not opposed to doing your choice if you prefer one over the other. It's a little more annoying to keep track of but not a huge bother really.

And don't worry about them falling off. They're so light that they're actually quite resilient. The magnet in this head is crazy weak though but without actual flesh to grip there's not a practical solution outside of magnetic attachment other than wax or tack or whatever.

Anyway.... I'm thinking these will only be $45 or so. As always I'll come up with some fun little packaging.

Great price!

I'm torn on the glasses myself. There's moments in the movie where the glasses look black and where they look mirrored. Many of the close-ups have a character with a black background so they'll be clear in the lens, like the photo Dukefett posted -- odd background in the lenses considering he's outside.

The only thing that distracts me with the mirrored black is that they look like fisheyes in that straight-on photo. Not sure if that's a result of the camera taking the picture or what. Decisions...

I might just go with whatever Doggie thinks looks best in hand. I mean, he's studied these enough that I trust his judgment.

Wow, really love how smooth you got those looking! Personally the black feels truer to the movie to me, and is how I remember them best. Even if that's only because they were mostly reflecting back darkness in those scenes. :D

063c1932daa29b83cd6ae3731d1df616.jpg

Great price!

I'm torn on the glasses myself. There's moments in the movie where the glasses look black and where they look mirrored. Many of the close-ups have a character with a black background so they'll be clear in the lens, like the photo Dukefett posted -- odd background in the lenses considering he's outside.

The only thing that distracts me with the mirrored black is that they look like fisheyes in that straight-on photo. Not sure if that's a result of the camera taking the picture or what. Decisions...

I might just go with whatever Doggie thinks looks best in hand. I mean, he's studied these enough that I trust his judgment.
Just to comment on the fish eye look in thr straight in view, yes, it's because it is reflecting the very large, round macro lens I'm using. But yeah in general they do catch the light a bit differently.

In terms of what I think looks best? I dunno. I want to say the mirrored black because I think that's what they truly are in thr film. But that plain gloss black looks darn good and does actually reflect quite well. But because they're isn't really a mirror to it realistically, they'll never reflect a super bright color like white and look silver like you see in some scenes of the film. Whereas thre mirrored black, as ui can see, takes on a different appearance based on the lighting and angle.

Wow, really love how smooth you got those looking! Personally the black feels truer to the movie to me, and is how I remember them best. Even if that's only because they were mostly reflecting back darkness in those scenes. :D

View attachment 483391

Thing is, you can always find scenes where the glasses are also highly mirrored...

tie pattern.jpg

I do think they had two different types of glasses in the film, maybe many more depending on what they wanted from the lens.

Maybe we should get BOTH from DoggieDoc... :)

Yeah it is a little hard to tell for me how the mirror finish one would look in hand, I'd probably prefer the gloss black despite not being fully accurate.

Yeah it is a little hard to tell for me how the mirror finish one would look in hand, I'd probably prefer the gloss black despite not being fully accurate.
Let me get a little video to try and show them in a different way just so you all can choose.

Thing is, you can always find scenes where the glasses are also highly mirrored...

Yeah they were definitely mirrored, but given we don't really have that option it's just a question of whether you want something representing the darker indoor look or the brighter outdoor look. And for me the darker look is a bit more preferable.

I'd have to admit, if I had to choose right now based on the few pictures that Doggie posted I would slant toward the gloss black glasses myself.

Eager to see the video, Doggie. Maybe even some regular pictures not inside a light box. Just regular indoor.

The glasses in the movie were pure black glass mirror. There was zero roughness or bump on them, giving it that smooth finish. Kinda like a two way interrogation mirror.

Don't know if that's something that can be done in this scale? Mirrored black is more accurate to the actual glasses used but the way they lit his glasses in the movie makes it look more like the glossy black, which might be the more preferred option.

Back